Show off your org music...

Aug 19, 2017 at 11:24 PM
The "C" in "college" is for "crippling debt".
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
I made some stuff:
  • Cortex of Terror - a boss theme inspired by Crash Bandicoot's Dr. Neo Cortex. It didn't start out that way but the melody just evolved into it and I left it like that.
  • Kenopsia - a cover I made of an original track by this guy on Musescore, with permission of course.
  • Lullaby - a quiet, soft track that I made while really tired one day.
And last but not least, the Swedish Chef's theme from the Muppet Show.

Aug 24, 2017 at 1:00 AM
Beakface
"All your forum are belong to us!"
I made some stuff:
  • Cortex of Terror - a boss theme inspired by Crash Bandicoot's Dr. Neo Cortex. It didn't start out that way but the melody just evolved into it and I left it like that.
  • Kenopsia - a cover I made of an original track by this guy on Musescore, with permission of course.
  • Lullaby - a quiet, soft track that I made while really tired one day.
And last but not least, the Swedish Chef's theme from the Muppet Show.

I can see where Cortex of Terror draws from its source material, but the approach is also wildly different from the original track. The quarter note HiOpens make me think Running Hell or something, though I wish Cortex of Terror toned those back and varied them a bit more, both in terms of volume and panning.

For "Lullaby", when the melody in track 7 comes in at bar 4, it seems to clash with tracks 5 and 6 due to how close they are in range to each other, and in some instances, directly atop one another. Try panning tracks 5 and 6, one to the right side and the other to the left, and I think that will help balance the sound a bit more. I like what you did with the track 5 and 6 notes, elongating that pattern and fading it out each bar. I do wish it could have been the case with track 7, whose notes are super short and don't really fit with the whole "lullaby" sound the way tracks 5 and 6 do. I wouldn't say fade track 7 out exactly like track 1 does, though. Maybe a tremolo decay would work, plus some panning on either sides. I messed around with this myself using your ORG; panning and longer notes would really help to make a fuller sounding piece.

Aug 25, 2017 at 5:46 AM
I can see where Cortex of Terror draws from its source material, but the approach is also wildly different from the original track. The quarter note HiOpens make me think Running Hell or something, though I wish Cortex of Terror toned those back and varied them a bit more, both in terms of volume and panning.

For "Lullaby", when the melody in track 7 comes in at bar 4, it seems to clash with tracks 5 and 6 due to how close they are in range to each other, and in some instances, directly atop one another. Try panning tracks 5 and 6, one to the right side and the other to the left, and I think that will help balance the sound a bit more. I like what you did with the track 5 and 6 notes, elongating that pattern and fading it out each bar. I do wish it could have been the case with track 7, whose notes are super short and don't really fit with the whole "lullaby" sound the way tracks 5 and 6 do. I wouldn't say fade track 7 out exactly like track 1 does, though. Maybe a tremolo decay would work, plus some panning on either sides. I messed around with this myself using your ORG; panning and longer notes would really help to make a fuller sounding piece.

Interestingly enough, the piece started out as a request for an ORG similar to Running Hell, but I decided it was working better as a boss theme. I definitely think Lullaby needed work but wasn't sure where to go with it, I'm going to look into what you suggested.

EDIT:
@Random-storykeeper I took your advice and I like this version a lot better.

Last edited:
Dec 19, 2017 at 1:25 AM
Beakface
Seeing as how the download links to all ORGs I've posted are pretty much dead, I've put together a new folder on Google Drive containing every single complete mod compatible ORG I've made. This includes some ORGs that I've never posted before as well.

Originals - Transcriptions/medleys etc. (should be a subfolder, but there's the link if it doesn't show up)

Also I know this is super late, but I listened to your "Newish ORGs", 2D, and they're really good! I love "dust" a lot.

Feb 4, 2018 at 5:15 AM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
I'm curious on how you got past the bar limit. :o
p362144-0-o5xa4a.png

Feb 4, 2018 at 5:36 AM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
I'm curious on how you got past the bar limit. :o
Oh yeah, lol. Once I expanded the song, I alternated the grid display between 4/8 (larger scope) and 4/4 (easier copying) to fit my needs. I guess I left it on 4/4 in the end because it's more fun to watch the song zoom by fast :p

Apr 11, 2018 at 8:50 AM
Beakface
A couple of transcriptions I have created in the past couple of months:
In response to the couple-month previous post: I've heard of Petscop, but haven't really watched the videos. Anyways, the ORG recreation sounds pretty good. Note-wise, everything seems correct. Would have liked to hear a little more lighter sound design on that one but HEY it's been a couple months so maybe all that has changed. :p

Apr 11, 2018 at 7:34 PM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
  • Stone Man - probably one of my favourite tracks from Mega Man 5.
Ohh hey this is a nice surprise. :D Good cover! My only complaint would be with the percussion, specifically from measure 11 onwards. It sounds really quiet, which I think can be attributed to the low octave HiClose and the occasional Snare. It does start to sound more noticeable around measure 19, at least. I am curious why the percussion looks kinda scattered too. I guess because you were trying to emulate the NES's style of percussion, and so you made the Snare and HiClose jump around octaves a lot? Still though, I love me some MM5, and this is definitely a welcome cover :cool:

The stage, though, hmm...
Do you have some strong words for my boy Stone Man's stage, RSK? :mad:

Apr 11, 2018 at 7:53 PM
Beakface
Ohh hey this is a nice surprise. :D Good cover! My only complaint would be with the percussion, specifically from measure 11 onwards. It sounds really quiet, which I think can be attributed to the low octave HiClose and the occasional Snare. It does start to sound more noticeable around measure 19, at least. I am curious why the percussion looks kinda scattered too. I guess because you were trying to emulate the NES's style of percussion, and so you made the Snare and HiClose jump around octaves a lot? Still though, I love me some MM5, and this is definitely a welcome cover :cool:

Yeah, for me, the hardest part of transcribing a Mega Man track is the percussion. I'm not really sure how to go about doing it because I think most of that percussion in the original is noise, and trying to imitate that with ORG's drums is kinda hard? I thought a lot of it could be done with the HiClose at a lower octave, but it's not very loud in comparison to the melody. The snare has more of a presence, but a lot of tail end, so I ended up trying to do a mix of both and just lowering the volume of the percussion altogether. :p

Do you have some strong words for my boy Stone Man's stage, RSK? :mad:

You know, Stone Man is probably the stage I've attempted the least so far in Mega Man 5. But I've heard people say that it's long, tedious and boring. :awesomeface:

Apr 15, 2018 at 5:21 AM
Apr 15, 2018 at 5:24 PM
lol
Modding Community Discord Moderator
I'll go in order of what I enjoyed the least to the most:
Original Thing:
I found this piece to be a fun bouncy tune, something I could see in a hub world sorta place; the chords are really good in tracks 1, 2, and 3, and track 6 is great for a melodic tune which is awesome. It also feels a little silent for areas that the chords don't inhabit, that rely on the melody and sub-melodies to keep it afloat but it feels a little fatigued, but again, that's just me, but overall it's still a good piece.

Windmill Hut:
I don't know where I heard this before? It be because I recently played through Space Funeral, whether it's from that game or not is beyond me, the theme still holds up on it's own and track 5 is a great melodic tune; it's short and repetitive, but always nice.

Harder Better Faster Stronger:
Seeing this made me instantly press the downloads upon seeing it; I've loved this song for many years and seeing it in org form is awesome. I think at the beginning there could've been a better separation of the melodies at 10 but it's still really good to compliment the sub-melodies like tracks 3 and 7. I'm surprised how faithfully you elongated the song, that took me by surprise honestly, but it was nice to get to the cool part at their allotted times. I was definitely humming this tune after listening to it. And at 60, did tracks 1-4 always dim out I can't recall that, I thought it was going to end when the original song actually ended but where you stopped, after the bridge was pretty good. But still, this is a great transcription of the piece.

Balcony Remix:
I didn't expect this to be my favorite out of the bunch, I was expecting HBFS to be it but this remix is beautiful. I actually enjoyed this piece for it's simplistic beat at the beginning and eventually becoming an extremely well done pulse. The slight percussion introduction was well timed and this feels like something you'd hear on the remastered soundtrack, even reminds me of something you could in a minecraft resource pack; it fits the loneliness and calamity made right before the final boss. The main melody has a synth feel which really works with making the entire song have a cool archaic but evolved feel, and right before the song repeats, it drives home that isolation, right before repeating back to calamity and injustice as it feels the tracks fight for superiority. This is something I really enjoyed and won't forget.

Apr 15, 2018 at 6:05 PM
2dbro
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
I'll go in order of what I enjoyed the least to the most:
1. Windmill Hut:
I don't know where I heard this before? It be because I recently played through Space Funeral, whether it's from that game or not is beyond me, the theme still holds up on it's own and track 5 is a great melodic tune; it's short and repetitive, but always nice.

2. Harder Better Faster Stronger:
I was definitely humming this tune after listening to it. And at 60, did tracks 1-4 always dim out I can't recall that, I thought it was going to end when the original song actually ended but where you stopped, after the bridge was pretty good. But still, this is a great transcription of the piece.

3. Balcony Remix:
This is something I really enjoyed and won't forget.
1. Windmill Hut stems from Ocarina of Time.
2. I purposefully dimmed out the rest of the tracks in order to make track 8/6 more prominent and make the melody easier to hear.
3. Thank you. I didn't actually mean for this one to be good, if even decent.