2DBro said:
heres a song to any fag who hates me

i present a halloween song for everyone to enjoy and to have nightmares for
everyone,
give it up for
Lavender Town!
*applause*
https://www.dropbox.com/s/5fp3r6iienm185v/lavendertown.org?dl=0
An improvement from your previous Lavender Town ORG, I can say that.

Interesting wait time, but giving notes such a "long" value prevents playing around with volume enveloping to create those dampened notes I always hear in the music. The opening notes are snappy because they fade out quickly. I suggest lessening the wait time so you can extend the notes for track one and play around with them. Using percussion doesn't quite cut it, though it was a nice touch.

Oct 21, 2014 at 6:07 AM
Been here way too long...
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Dunc2403 said:
So yeah I posted these in another thread but hey I'll post them here too. They're originals; Tech 1 was written within the Game Boy technical restraints (1 triangle, 2 squares, a noise) and Tech 2 begins by elaborating on Tech 1's melody and going from there. Tell me what you think/what sucks!

Oct 21, 2014 at 7:38 AM
Beakface
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Dunc2403 said:
So yeah I posted these in another thread but hey I'll post them here too. They're originals; Tech 1 was written within the Game Boy technical restraints (1 triangle, 2 squares, a noise) and Tech 2 begins by elaborating on Tech 1's melody and going from there. Tell me what you think/what sucks!
I presume these are used in the mod (which I haven't played yet) but listening to them on their own, Tech 1 feels like it needs to be slightly slower (at around 140 maybe? I tried it there and it worked better for me). There could have been some slight buildup to tracks 2 and 3, which could be done by gradually raising the peaks of the last five notes in bar 3 until they reach the maximum volume. In a subtle way, it makes tracks 2 and 3 sound less jarring, especially since the two of them start with a dissonant harmony.

There appears to be volume set for notes that aren't there, and I can see why removing the last few open notes was necessary. But I think the last bar before looping could do with that second Open that the volume setting corresponds to.

Tech 2 is cute! The introduction of track 5 sounds awesome, especially with the running bass accompanying it. I almost feel like bars 33 to 37 could benefit from track 5 being an octave lower, since the preceding bar has track 5's notes moving downwards.

Also when you have repeating notes joined together with no volume adjustments between the notes, it kind of sounds like they are one long note. I'm talking about the introduction of track 6, from 37 to 44. I don't know if that's what you intended, but when combined with accompaniment, the distinction between the repeated notes can barely be heard. Also bar 40 to 41's transition sounds rough, but I can't figure out what right now.

(of course I don't know where in the mod they will be used yet but these are just my first impressions of listening to them)

Oct 24, 2014 at 8:34 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Mad Jack's Theme ~ Frantic Factory Boss ; Donkey Kong 64

I absolutely LOVED putting this together.
It's one of my favorite N64 themes of all time, after all...
Ehe, i worked oh so hard on it. :orangebell:

Oct 26, 2014 at 7:34 PM
Beakface
Another ORG completed: Redeeming Thrive. I'm not certain about the transition between some of the new ideas, but I figured it would be better than dragging out the same sequence throughout the entire ORG.

Nov 4, 2014 at 4:38 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Nov 7, 2014 at 5:56 AM
Beakface
Oh wow, so many transcriptions. I'll get around to listening to them...maybe, so I guess I'll join the party.

This ORG is a transcription of the title theme from the Nitrome game Final Ninja.

Final Ninja title ORG

Nov 8, 2014 at 2:23 PM
Professional Whatever
Corridors of Time
I was bored at 2am so I made this. I feel like track 5 at bar 31 seems wrong somehow but I can't quite figure it out.
Other than that, anything that can be improved?

Nov 8, 2014 at 5:47 PM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
That's a really good song, Doors. It has a mysterious feel to it, and even though it's mellow it never feels boring. At the track 5 bar 31 thing, I moved both of the D notes to C# and it sounded fine. I also like the instrument choice (except maybe track 3, the instrument sounds a little too soft). Overall pretty swell.

Nov 9, 2014 at 3:23 AM
Beakface
Doors said:
Corridors of Time
I was bored at 2am so I made this. I feel like track 5 at bar 31 seems wrong somehow but I can't quite figure it out.
Other than that, anything that can be improved?
Pretty good. I love this theme a lot. Did you do it by ear?

One of my favourite pieces of Corridors of Time is when that instrument does that quick slide at the start of the loop. It was too bad it didn't fit in with the rest of the beat scheme; even with all the shortest notes, it would still be too slow. Maybe in the future, you could increase the note values and decrease the wait time to try and replicate that slide.

Yeah bar 31 sounds a bit off, though you are aware of that already. I think Tpcool's fix takes care of that for the most part, but I'm going to have to give the original a good listen to make out those actual notes. Overall the melody carried by track 6 is a little soft, as are tracks 4 and 5. While I wish the volume was adjusted so those notes climax at the high part, I can hear that that's not the case in the original piece. I think just bringing up the volume would do the trick. And I'm not really a fan of the instrument choice for tracks 4 and 5, though I can't explain what the instruments need more of.

Nonetheless, I love the way you replicated the recurring continuum. The panning was pretty spot on. I would even bring out the bass line in track 3 a little more. But yeah, nice work.

Nov 9, 2014 at 3:36 AM
Professional Whatever
Thanks a lot for the input guys!
I've changed track 3 to 04. Sounds fine to me.
I'll work on volume, and the instruments.
Moving the notes in 31 to C# conflicts badly with track 3, so I have a feeling there's something different I can do. Not sure what though.
I tried the slide a while back. Once everything else sounds good I might try it again, so I can double the note length without consequence.
And yeah I did do it by ear, mostly because I couldn't find much sheet music or midis for it.

Nov 9, 2014 at 6:25 AM
Beakface
Hmm moving track 5 to the E would actually be more ideal, now that I think of it. At C#, track 5 clashes with the bass note (track 3) as a perfect fifth, which is inconsistent with the rest of the harmonies in the preceding bars. By raising track 5 up a semitone to the E, you'll get rid of the clash that occurs when you use an E flat (tracks 1 and 2 play an E natural at this point), but also have track 5 gradually descend in the same manner track 4 does. The C sharp does work as another possibility, though again, you would be having track 5 jumping down, then moving back up. I can't hear the harmony very well in the original track, so I can't say for sure. But from a musical perspective you could consider that as well.

Also props to you for doing this by ear. :)

Nov 16, 2014 at 4:03 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Made Ghost Trick - Dead Afterimage in ORGMaker!
http://puu.sh/cPjGt/1ffe0caf9d.org
It was pretty easy to do with the original .mid available, but it was still a lot of fun to do.
Feel free to use this in your mods, I think it would work really great for pre-boss scenes/finale.

Edit: Modified the song's instruments. Redownload!

This forum is pretty dead, isn't it..?

Nov 16, 2014 at 4:44 PM
thinks dogs are cool
Puushes don't work for orgs, just an FYI.

Nov 16, 2014 at 10:54 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
It goes through tides of activity. As of now, it's in low-tide.