Show off your org music...

Sep 25, 2014 at 5:11 AM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Yeah, ehe, sorry, i do realize that.
I mostly wanted to attempt a fix at a note that didn't quite sound right, but I know it isn't my place to attempt to try and fix something that really didn't need fixing =w=''

Sep 28, 2014 at 10:12 AM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
HA!
you can be my Mother too.
I am tied to the floor, you could say I am Earth Bound.
I love Ness-tlé products
Here is a song but not with 8 melodies.
YoungTown

A Ramblin' Evil Tinned_Duck

Sep 28, 2014 at 10:40 AM
thinks dogs are cool
"All your forum are belong to us!"
I have to say, I'm pretty impressed. Good job, Tin.

Also, it's sort of shit but I made an .org liketwomonthsagobuthushsir

It's here. Testing.1. Amazing.

Sep 29, 2014 at 6:42 AM
Beakface
Tinned_Duck said:
HA!
you can be my Mother too.
I am tied to the floor, you could say I am Earth Bound.
I love Ness-tlé products
Here is a song but not with 8 melodies.
YoungTown

A Ramblin' Evil Tinned_Duck

The two ideas don't transition well, though I do like the second idea more than the first. It gives me Owl City vibes with a little bit of your musical style incorporated in. I feel like gradually slowing the last bar or adding a pause before bar 8 would have improved the transition, even though a ritardando is difficult to incorporate into ORG Maker without messing up the bar count.

Spiritga said:
I have to say, I'm pretty impressed. Good job, Tin.

Also, it's sort of shit but I made an .org liketwomonthsagobuthushsir

It's here. Testing.1. Amazing.
It sounds really experimental, like a combination of random notes put to a set beat. It's not really my taste, though the beginning notes could have made a good lead. Keep experimenting!

Here's a short loop I made on a whim: Untitled62

Sep 29, 2014 at 4:22 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Here's one that took me quite a while to make.
I had to adjust the time just to fit all of it, but, in my nonprofessional opinion, it turned out rather decent.
Temporal Tower - PMDExplorers of Time/Darkness/Sky

Sep 29, 2014 at 4:41 PM
Beakface
Zenix said:
Here's one that took me quite a while to make.
I had to adjust the time just to fit all of it, but, in my nonprofessional opinion, it turned out rather decent.
Temporal Tower - PMDExplorers of Time/Darkness/Sky
Interesting. I looked up the original, and it seems to be a tad slower. I love how you captured the vibrato of the echoing melodies. I always have trouble replicating vibrato on ORG.

Why is there such a huge sequence of percussion at the end, though? It's a nice beat, but I don't hear a drum solo in the original music anywhere.

Sep 29, 2014 at 8:09 PM
Professional Whatever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
I wouldn't exactly call this "showing off", but I was wondering if anyone could help me out. My orgs sound really plain and empty, and I'm not quite sure how to fix that.

Here's my latest. It's not quite finished.
Here's the original song.

Sep 29, 2014 at 8:17 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Wait....
Agh, dingus!
i forgot to adjust the loop after i adjusted the time >m<
I'll do that real quick...
There, it should be fixed now.

Sep 29, 2014 at 9:38 PM
Beakface
Doors said:
I wouldn't exactly call this "showing off", but I was wondering if anyone could help me out. My orgs sound really plain and empty, and I'm not quite sure how to fix that.

Piano sounds are hard to replicate in ORG. I think part of the reason the emptiness is prevalent is because there isn't enough "damping" which you try to incorporate by extending the length of the notes. Wave 00 is a really quiet instrument in comparison to most of the other waves.

Adding a small bass line to the first notes also helps fill the empty sounds to some extent, as well as bringing down the Track 3 voice a tad.

I tried making this as an example: link. Since I'm not familiar with the original, I didn't want to deviate too much from the work you put into your ORG or the original composition. I think the ORG might be a little on the slow side but it's still fine as it is.

Sep 30, 2014 at 5:17 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Doors said:
My orgs sound really plain and empty, and I'm not quite sure how to fix that.

Here are some thoughts.

Instrument

The Wave 00 sound (sine wave) is very plain. Here are some ideas about how to choose a different sound:

Are you using OrgMaker 2.1.0? The wave pictures Rxo Inverse put in might help select a sound. Open the original audio in an audio editor and zoom in and select just the first note. (Or any other note that is alone without other notes or sounds at the same time.) Zoom in until you can recognize the repeating part of the wave form, and notice the pattern in just one repetition. Now look at the wave shapes in the OrgMaker 2.1.0 Instruments box and see if there's a shape that looks similar to one repetition from the audio wave. Or maybe one with a similar number of directional changes? (I'm guessing here.)

Here's another idea, use an audio editor that lets you play a selection in a loop (like Audacity). Like above, find a single note that is by itself, zoom in and select a small number of repetitions of the wave exactly (matching the start and end on the same spot in the wave), then play it as a loop. This will let you sample the sound without volume changes. Listen to it for a moment, then stop. In the OrgMaker Instruments dialog, use the pitch slider to select the same pitch the original audio note is playing. Now click on the wave pictures until you find a similar sound.

Volume Shapes

Remember when you use the volume markers, the track volume stays at that level until the next volume marker. So when you use a shape like this:
Code:
O = =

x - -
- - -
- - x
- - -
It sounds the same as this:
Code:
O = =

x x -
- - -
- - x
- - -
In the slow arpeggio pattern, you only use two volume levels, at the beginning and end of each note. So you mainly just hear the same one volume level for most of the notes' lengths.

I think a piano has a loud part quickly followed by a less-loud part. Also, in the original audio, the slow arpeggio pattern emphasizes the lowest and highest notes of the pattern, so make those louder and the others quieter.

Current:
Code:
O = =   O = =

x - - - x - - -
- - - - - - - -
- - x - - - x -
- - - - - - - -
Sample Changes:
Code:
O = =   O = =

x - - - - - - -
- x - - x - - -
- - - - - x - -
- - - - - - - -
Sustain

I agree with Random-storykeeper that lengthening the bass notes will better capture the feeling of the piano's sustain pedal. Of course to overlap the other notes, you'll have to move the bass notes into a separate track.

Sample Changes

I changed the melody tracks to Wave 30.
I moved the bass notes of the slow arpeggio pattern to their own track and lengthened them.
I modified the volume shapes of the slow arpeggio pattern and the first four measures of the main melody.

Attachments

• Flare play.zip
    3.6 KB · Views: 7
Sep 30, 2014 at 5:58 AM
Professional Whatever
What you mean for the high notes you want me to change where the volume is lowered? The whole thing there is to make like an echo effect i'm not trying to fade it out or anything

I'll def check out the rest of this post when i have time thanks guys

Oct 1, 2014 at 2:49 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Doors said:
What you mean for the high notes you want me to change where the volume is lowered?
In the ORG file, the legato notes are on multiple tracks, so you can't see all the volume values at the same time. To make it easier to explain, here are some diagrams that show all the volume values at once.

In the diagrams below, each group of digits represents a single note, and each individual digit represents a volume value for that note on a simple 1 to 5 scale. In an ORG file, a missing volume marker means "the same level as the last volume marker". In the diagrams below, I used repeated digits, but in the file, just the changes have markers.

In the first few notes, you're doing something like this:
Code:
      441 441
    441     441
  441         441
441             441
So you mostly hear the "4" volume level, and all the notes sound the same.

I think a piano would have a volume shape more like "433":
Code:
      433 433
    433     433
  433         433
433             433
In the original audio, I think the "valley" and "crest" notes sound more emphasized and the other notes less emphasized. So I de-emphasized the "in-between" notes:
Code:
      322 322
    322     322
  322         322
433             433
I lengthened the "valley" notes and added a little more shape to their volume:
Code:
      322 322
    322     322
  322         322
54444333322222  544...(etc)
Where the main melody comes in, I started playing with the volume shapes of the first few notes, but when I listened again, the volume levels sounded acceptable, so I just stopped messing around for now.

Oct 1, 2014 at 3:18 PM
Professional Whatever
Ah ok I see what you mean, thanks for the info
Alright I have a couple more songs to ask about actually if you guys don't mind.

Piece 5

Palace

(They're both transcriptions, the first one from dunc and the second from who fucking knows where)

Oct 3, 2014 at 10:47 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Yo, I've seen people talking about OrgMaker v2.1.0, but I can't find a link anywhere. Can somebody help me out?

Oct 4, 2014 at 7:28 PM
2dbro
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Oct 5, 2014 at 5:41 AM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"

I'm back with 3 more:

Helper to Hero Rest Area (Kirby Super Star Ultra)

Boss (Kirby 64) <- One of my favorite boss themes

Complete Darkness (Touhou: Story of Eastern Wonderland) <-Also one of my favorite boss themes.

Video: (I modded some of the Doctor's dialogue because I felt like it.)

Oct 7, 2014 at 8:10 AM
Beakface
2DBro said:
holy crap i cant make orgs

I made a new song
I call it GlietchWave
https://www.dropbox.com/s/i9f5jzja1km3mlc/GlEicHwAVe.org?dl=0
It's got a neat intro, but the buildup leads to an idea that just isn't cohesive enough to make it memorable. The percussion is loud and jarring from bar 12 onwards. I like the end, though I feel like this ORG could have led to something even better. If it's supposed to be that way, more power to you. This ORG, however, isn't exactly what I'd be listening to on repeat.

Come to think of it, the intro reminded me a tad of Lonely Outpost, except with a lot more noise in the end.