Show off your org music...

Feb 1, 2014 at 10:01 PM
leader of the meme team feat. tom, snaf and polad
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Man, OrgMaker is intimidating but are most music creation programs!

I'm going to attempt to learn how to use it, though. Maybe not for the mod I'm working on right now, but possibly for a more original one in the future.

Seeing the things you guys do gives me alot of hope, though.

Feb 2, 2014 at 1:03 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Personally, I found OrgMaker much less intimidating than most other music programs I've used. But I guess copying parts can be quite a bit of hassle...

I didn't know the selection area at the bottom existed at first, so I had to go back and try to remember all of the numbers that I needed to input x)

Feb 2, 2014 at 2:37 AM
Based Member
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
MrLog said:
I didn't know the selection area at the bottom existed at first, so I had to go back and try to remember all of the numbers that I needed to input x)
Don't feel too bad, I've been using Orgmaker for a little over two years now, and I didn't know that until just now when you pointed it out.

Feb 13, 2014 at 7:51 PM
Beakface
"All your forum are belong to us!"
I've been making short loops and trying to play off some of my older compositions.

Untitled15

Got a recording, but the panning is a bit messed up: link

I'm not sure if it was a good spot to loop back to the first bar, but I didn't intend for the piece to be very long.

Feb 13, 2014 at 11:05 PM
Beakface
Tpcool said:
That sounds nice. Definitely atmospheric and sinister.
Bombchu Link said:
I got so involved listening that I forgot to reply.
Good job.
Thanks a lot!

Hmm atmospheric and sinister...I'll definitely keep that in mind when planning out the area I want this piece to play in.

Feb 16, 2014 at 8:05 PM
Mrs. Policewoman
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Feb 17, 2014 at 8:26 AM
Beakface
Feb 27, 2014 at 2:54 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Hey there boys and girls, I'm new here and figured I'd post my first org. Any criticisms and suggestions would be lovely, thanks.

Junk

Feb 27, 2014 at 3:57 AM
Beakface
Goerge Bobicles said:
I made a small bit I borrowed from Cascade a week ago dropbox
This sounds like it is in dire need of percussion. That aside, the introduction feels a bit unsymmetrical for me; I feel like bars 1 and 2 need to be repeated again before introducing track 4 to get more acquainted with the continuous riff that's going to hold the piece together.

Bar 19 had this really earsplitting moment but I can't seem to locate the track that's causing this at the moment. I think it's 4 though. Add some drums into your music first. I'm guessing from your description that this is supposed to be a transcription, although I'm not familiar with the thing you mentioned.

Skatehead3 said:
Hey there boys and girls, I'm new here and figured I'd post my first org. Any criticisms and suggestions would be lovely, thanks.Junk

I like the pacing and percussion, but I don't understand why you choose to make tracks 2 and 3 play melodies independently, since they both use the same instrument. You could use one of the two tracks to underlay the melody with long notes, something like what track 2 does from bars 8 to 12. This would help to give the piece more flow, since track 1's recurring bass line uses a lot of detached notes.

Feb 27, 2014 at 4:03 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Random-storykeeper said:
I like the pacing and percussion, but I don't understand why you choose to make tracks 2 and 3 play melodies independently, since they both use the same instrument. You could use one of the two tracks to underlay the melody with long notes, something like what track 2 does from bars 8 to 12. This would help to give the piece more flow, since track 1's recurring bass line uses a lot of detached notes.
The two separate melodies with the same instrument was me being sloppy. I was originally trying to find another instrument to place there but couldn't find anything that matched, and changed it back without just making it part of the second track.

As for the long notes, I'll be sure to try that out. Do you suggest keeping it to two tracks or making a third for elongated notes? I tried the latter early on, but didn't really like the result and didn't put much effort towards it.

Feb 28, 2014 at 5:21 AM
Beakface
Hmm it really depends but I would suggest experimenting with a third track using the elongated notes. Play around with volume and placement of pitch. Maybe have notes fade in or something. Just something to think about. If you really want to leave it as is, I'm sure I'll adjust accordingly.

I made a new untitled ORG. The bass line is based on Give Up Robot 2's title theme. I was trying to create something more upbeat.

Untitled20 (a recording can be found here)

Mar 17, 2014 at 3:20 AM
Beakface
Sure, that's fine; I had no immediate plans on what to use it for.

I had this piece done for a while; it was more of an experimental one, I guess. Basically it starts with a bass line, followed by an overlay of other melodies and embellishments. When eight bars were done, a new track would be played by the one track that started with the main melody. The main melody would carry on with a new instrument, shifting tracks and instruments for every idea.

Tectonic (recording)

Mar 17, 2014 at 3:50 AM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
Random-storykeeper said:
An alright melody, but I really like the pacing. The song definitely feels like it gets better as it continues.