Show off your org music...

Apr 15, 2013 at 10:34 PM
Based Member
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
I'm not too good of a judge of other people's music, so I guess i'll just say that for a slow-paced sort of mood, that was decent.

Anyway, in some of the spare time that I've been setting aside from other things the past month, I've been working on an org remix that I just finished of the Ikachan theme. Tell me what you think.

Apr 15, 2013 at 10:54 PM
Professional Whatever
Sounds great, only thing I notice is at bar 36 the last note on track 3 is flat. I guess the two echo notes after that are flat as well.

Apr 16, 2013 at 2:54 AM
Based Member
MagicDoors said:
Sounds great,
Thanks.
MagicDoors said:
only thing I notice is at bar 36 the last note on track 3 is flat.
Really? Didn't sound like it to me.
MagicDoors said:
I guess the two echo notes after that are flat as well.
Although yeah, I will agree that those echo notes are flat. I guess I could try to fix that...

Anyway, thanks for the criticism.

Apr 16, 2013 at 2:56 AM
Professional Whatever
Really? I noticed the dissonance immediately and ow it killed my ears :/

Apr 16, 2013 at 4:29 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Just to make sure we're talking about the same thing: In the third track*, at the end of measure 36 and beginning of measure 37, you have Eb3 notes that should be E3 notes:

org.png

As confirmation, you can open Ikachan.pmd in PiyoPiyo, scroll to measure 37** and see track I has an E3 at that spot:

pmd.png

* In OrgMaker 2 it's called "track 3", in OrgMaker 1 it's called "track 2".
** OrgMaker starts counting measures with 0. PiyoPiyo starts counting measures with 1.

Last edited by a moderator:
Apr 16, 2013 at 5:28 AM
Based Member
Oh holy cow, I cannot believe I somehow focused my attention on the earlier note, and completely missed the later one that Doors was addressing. You're right, that is slightly off. Also, the availability of Piyo Piyo is the reason this remix happened, because I am abysmal at trying to copy noted by ear. But clearly I made at least one mistake when copying the notes from Piyo Piyo maker. Anyway, thanks for pointing that out. I've fixed that problem on the version of this remix on my hard drive, but I think it would be pretty silly to re-upload the whole thing just because of such a minor tweak.

Apr 24, 2013 at 3:13 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Here's something helpful when trying to remake something in Piyo: If there is an echoing note, go to the properties of the instrument and get rid of the extra echo, and make sure it can't overlap itself.

--4/24/2013--
Another one, this one done by request, but still enjoyed it. It's fun to see the process of work evolving...

NOTE: This video has been deleted. See later post for final version.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yu9lQ53jcZI

Actually didn't take that long to make... However there seem to be a few small errors after looking at it again...

Apr 24, 2013 at 7:55 PM
Based Member
Wow, fantastic job! I'm really impressed, I seriously wish that I was capable of making a remix like this by ear in only nine hours.

My only complaint would have to be that the beginning tracks are a bit loud, and the voice track is at many points not loud enough. During the first half, the voice track is pretty much drowned out by the other instruments. And during most of the second half it's still a bit too quiet in my opinion. Other than that, amazing.

Apr 24, 2013 at 8:38 PM
Yeah, it was really hard to find the right instrument that actually had the right tone to stand out, but even then at max volume it still gets kinda drowned out...

Apr 25, 2013 at 1:34 AM
Based Member
Is there any chance you might be willing to share the .org file?

Apr 25, 2013 at 2:55 AM
I don't know... It depends on what use you'd have with it... Plus, I'd have to start a mediafire account, which I'd rather not do at the moment...

Apr 25, 2013 at 3:46 AM
Based Member
Well first off I'd try to make a few tweaks to it which would include seeing if I have any luck making the voice track more noticeable, as well as making the tracks that govern the beeps at the beginning a bit quieter. It would also just nice to have a version on my hard drive so that I can listen to it without having to connect to the internet every time.

...Aaaand, one more thing. This is on the borderline of hypothetical, since it's pretty far into the future, and it's debatable whether or not it will even happen, but if I manage to be a dedicated enough modder to finish a certain mod that I haven't made even the first release for yet, I plan on making another mod after that that's even larger in scope. And for some time I've envisioned the best ending credits for it beginning with an org remix of Fireflies. If you were willing to let me use it, you would be credited, of course. Again, this is a long ways off.

Those are currently the only things I'd see myself doing with it.

Also it's generally quicker to upload an org file than to screen record it playing, and upload the video to youtube. It's pretty easy to make a Mediafire account. At least it was during the end of 2011.

Apr 25, 2013 at 8:44 PM
Tweaking is something I myself can do, and if I'm lucky enough and if the video is not noticed too much, I could easily re-upload it (at the moment, I'd like to stick with youtube). Also, I don't think Fireflies fits much as an ending theme, but I'd be glad to help with anything if it's cover-related :)

Man, I'm tired ê-ě

--4/25/2013--

Song has been tweaked and edited, now the "vocal" track is louder and has a lot of note fixes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HE8Wk62RTCs

New, updated video.

Apr 25, 2013 at 9:33 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
WOW THAT'S REALLY GOOD!

Apr 25, 2013 at 10:02 PM
Based Member
Well, I must say that you pretty much completely fixed any complaints I had regarding the voice track issue. Amazing job.

If I were to try and nit-pick another detail, I'd say that the beginning of measure 32 didn't give me quite the same burst that the actual song does at that point. If you could make that whole bit from measure 32 to 40 louder without drowning out the voice track, then I think this would be perfect. Not that I'm strongly requesting you to do this, just making a suggestion.

Apr 25, 2013 at 10:09 PM
CARLSOOOOOON AAAAND PEEEEETERSSSSSS!
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
I am truly amazed O_0
Though, for the one part where we hear "please take me away from here", you could alternate the panning so that each time we hear it, it'll be in either the right ear or the left ear. But overall, awsome :3

Apr 25, 2013 at 10:11 PM
What I wanted to do is make the 1st chorus round (16) to be a quarter volume, 2nd round (32) be half, and 3rd (57) be at max, to try to give it a feeling of progression.

Apr 26, 2013 at 2:37 AM
Based Member
Well, that isn't how the actual song does it, but I guess I can't make you change it if you don't want to. At least you have a reason.

Anyway, great job once again.

Apr 26, 2013 at 4:44 AM
Well, I used a few editing tools to compare the 2, and there seems to be a few extra synth tracks added...

If not, I wanted to give it a bit of a twist.

Apr 27, 2013 at 6:18 AM
Professional Whatever
Terra's Theme
(transcribed again don't hurt me)
It could still use a little work but this is what I've gotten done. I'l probably change some tracks around and stuff