Show off your org music...

Feb 28, 2013 at 10:06 PM
CARLSOOOOOON AAAAND PEEEEETERSSSSSS!
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"

@zacheryb99

I just saw your video and HOLY CRAP I'm blown away. Kinda makes me sad cause I have org maker and I do make songs in it, but I have absolutely NO motivation to actually finish those songs whatsoever(curse my laziness >.<)

Mar 13, 2013 at 5:10 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
Just a quick post to say that I miss working with Orgs, talking about music with you folks, and generally having a good time in this thread. I'm looking forward to getting to do more of that when I have some more free time on my hands sometime in the future. After a quick catching-up on this thread since I last took a look at it a few months ago, there have been some great new orgs and great new producers coming onboard. Keep up the good work, y'all!

Mar 15, 2013 at 8:41 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
It's ok. Castlevania-ish.

But why is it in a zip?

Mar 15, 2013 at 8:47 PM
Been here way too long...
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
No reason. (I saw someone mention a zipping... somewhere in the first few pages of browsing)

Mar 17, 2013 at 4:59 AM
Only Love, Maximum Love, Forever
ZarroTsu, I'll admit, you have some potential. All I can say is that I can't even hear any of the melodic shading. If there is any, all I can hear are the melody shine and the bass outline. The other lines, if there are more than three, don't really contrast at all and the song sounds kind of flat.
I'd go on about the harmony too, but the aural work-space OrgMaker provides is rather small and the problem begins with. the lack of timbre, you might want to consider starting over from a harmony interlacing standpoint.
Funny scenario: listening to an Org song that only has three melody tracks. Yet you aim for call and response? Apparently?
I think anyone listening to the song would hit the end of the song before your progression meant anything.

Mar 22, 2013 at 1:48 AM
He who lurks beneath the posts.
"The Ultimate Sword of Extraordinary Magnitude"
ZarroTsu said:
No reason. (I saw someone mention a zipping... somewhere in the first few pages of browsing)
That was probably when I posted about 5-6 "songs"(they weren't songs) seperatly in one post. Don't worry about zipping it unless you have alot of new stuff to show off at one time. :)

I think everyone above already said what I would. Guess I'll stick with "Keep at it!".. Yea that should do.

Mar 28, 2013 at 1:12 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
http://www.mediafire.com/?lprukee6n810plt

the title is what it feels like to make something in orgmaker

some original work, typical progress, pretty boring.

also i forgot how to loop the song so if anybody could enlighten me that would be great

Mar 29, 2013 at 3:28 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
also i forgot how to loop the song so if anybody could enlighten me that would be great
Make a note of the numbers next to the bar lines where you want the repeat signs to appear.

If you're using OrgMaker 2.0.5xb: Go to the Settings menu and choose Song Setup. In the Repeat Range section, put the bar line numbers you want to use in Start and End.

If you're using another version of OrgMaker, the words might be different (or in Japanese or mojibake), but the positions are the same: In the menu bar, click on the second menu from the left, then click on the first command from the top. In the dialog box, look at the left side and use the 2nd and 3rd fields from the top.

For example, in your ORG, you could use 0 and 24.

Mar 29, 2013 at 2:10 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
IMO, I think 8 and 24 would be a good loop.

Mar 31, 2013 at 9:02 PM
THE suus
"Keep on rollin'!"
Its been a while, and since I can't use mediafire (fucking McAfee) I'm using dropbox now. So if you post an Org through mediafire I can't listen to it. :/

Whatever. I made some shit.

Shift

Morning Band

Heres something that was originaly going to be an april fools joke, but eh.

Warning: Possible ear rape.

Sunrise

Edit: fixed the links

Apr 2, 2013 at 4:44 AM
CookedChef said:
Whatever. I made some shit.

Shift

Morning Band
:( Both of your links return the following error message for me:

Error (403)
It seems you don't belong here! You should probably sign in. Check out our Help Center and forums for help, or head back to home.
I suspect the links you made were private for you or for one-time use? Maybe there's a way to make public links?

For example, earlier in this thread, ZarroTsu used a Dropbox link that had a format like this (works for me):

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/00000000/file.abc

But your Dropbox links have a format like this (gives me an error):

https://dl-web.dropbox.com/get/file.abc?w=really long code

Maybe you can make a link like the first type...

Apr 2, 2013 at 7:57 PM
THE suus
"Keep on rollin'!"
Bavi_H said:
:( Both of your links return the following error message for me:

Error (403)
It seems you don't belong here! You should probably sign in. Check out our Help Center and forums for help, or head back to home.

I suspect the links you made were private for you or for one-time use? Maybe there's a way to make public links?

For example, earlier in this thread, ZarroTsu used a Dropbox link that had a format like this (works for me):

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/00000000/file.abc

But your Dropbox links have a format like this (gives me an error):

https://dl-web.dropbox.com/get/file.abc?w=really long code

Maybe you can make a link like the first type...
Oh. I must've done something wrong, sorry about that. I'll fix it.

Fixed it. It was personal, UNGH.

Apr 3, 2013 at 6:30 PM
Based Member
Wow, fantastic job! Like last time, I'm not the best music critic, so all I can say is good job, I really enjoyed it, having enjoyed the original song as well. Out of curiosity, did you copy those notes by ear, or did you have a midi or sheet music?

Apr 3, 2013 at 6:33 PM
By ear. I honestly don't understand sheet music. Thanks for watching!