• Most people probably don't realise this, but this forum has had two editors for a number of years. One is the xenForo default editor, and the other is a custom editor I made years back I called BBCEd.

    All the settings for which editor you use was lost during the upgrade. You can find the setting under Account Settings > Preferences > Editor.

Show off your org music...

Jun 20, 2010 at 6:12 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Join Date: May 28, 2008
Location: PMMM MMO
Posts: 3712
Age: 27
cultr1 said:
Yeah the precussion is basically butt at this phase.
I will spend a few hours with my headphones, iPod, and ORGmaker tomorrow and fix it.
What helps me normally is using a program like Sony Vegas (or windows movie maker, if you're not willing to shell out $300+) so that you can pause at specific spots to listen to them over and over again for those tougher parts. It's even better if the program will allow you to control the playrate of the song (like slowing it down).

[Edit]: Why does everyone mispell percussion as precussion?
 
Jun 20, 2010 at 7:07 AM
Senior Member
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
Join Date: Mar 28, 2010
Location: USA, Washington
Posts: 155
Age: 29
GIRakaCHEEZER said:
Also, Volley, don't you do any research on your songs? Sure, it was used in IWBTG, but the song is from Guilty Gear Isuka OST - Home Sweet Grave (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39JYengjS6E).

xD yes... i do my homework... but that's where it's most popularized.
A song title means nothing, it could be hamburger, if i wanted it to be

I'm aware that like your mod, all of the songs are fan music (with the exception of any awesome originals that you threw into your's)

Also, I understand your frustration, but please don't take it out on me too, unless what i did particularly irritated you.
 
Jun 20, 2010 at 7:19 AM
The Suicide Option
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Join Date: Jan 1, 2008
Location: Styx
Posts: 1973
GIRakaCHEEZER said:
[Edit]: Why does everyone mispell percussion as precussion?
'Cause.
It always leads to cussing. XD
</wordplay>
<thread>
 
Jun 20, 2010 at 3:57 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Join Date: May 28, 2008
Location: PMMM MMO
Posts: 3712
Age: 27
Volley said:
xD yes... i do my homework... but that's where it's most popularized.
A song title means nothing, it could be hamburger, if i wanted it to be

I'm aware that like your mod, all of the songs are fan music (with the exception of any awesome originals that you threw into your's)

Also, I understand your frustration, but please don't take it out on me too, unless what i did particularly irritated you.
It's not about it being recognizable though, it's about giving tribute, or at least some respects, to the original author or source of the song.

Plus it isn't like you couldn't do both: "The IWBTG theme, aka that song from Guilty Gear Isuka".

I guess I can't blame you in this case, since that would've been a long name for an org file. But it will still give people the impression that it originally came from IWBTG, and that doesn't seem all that fair either.
 
Jun 20, 2010 at 6:18 PM
Senior Member
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
Join Date: Mar 28, 2010
Location: USA, Washington
Posts: 155
Age: 29
GIRakaCHEEZER said:
It's not about it being recognizable though, it's about giving tribute, or at least some respects, to the original author or source of the song.

Plus it isn't like you couldn't do both: "The IWBTG theme, aka that song from Guilty Gear Isuka".

I guess I can't blame you in this case, since that would've been a long name for an org file. But it will still give people the impression that it originally came from IWBTG, and that doesn't seem all that fair either.
Well I get exactly what you mean, and i agree completely.
It is kind of sad that it's made popular by a complete "rip off" use of the song, but that's kind of just how life seems to work as of late, i mean, look at the festering pile of crap on youtube.

Still, it is good to give justice to the original source of the awesome track. Hell, stuff like youtube makes it impossible to find the original artist for some songs like Red Zone. It took me so much digging to find where Night of Nights came from...

In this case i just named it that because, like you said, it was shorter.
 
Jun 21, 2010 at 6:45 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Join Date: Aug 20, 2006
Location:
Posts: 2790
Age: 29
Noxid said:
As far as I know there is no reason whatsoever now to use version 1.34 by the way..
I mean is there any way in which V2.05 is not superior now that it can work with mods?
What then did this happen?
 
Jun 21, 2010 at 7:12 AM
Senior Member
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
Join Date: Mar 28, 2010
Location: USA, Washington
Posts: 155
Age: 29
Jun 21, 2010 at 3:37 PM
Senior Member
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
Join Date: Sep 5, 2009
Location: Hopelessly Lost
Posts: 150
Age: 26
Volley said:
Well I get exactly what you mean, and i agree completely.
It is kind of sad that it's made popular by a complete "rip off" use of the song, but that's kind of just how life seems to work as of late, i mean, look at the festering pile of crap on youtube.

Still, it is good to give justice to the original source of the awesome track. Hell, stuff like youtube makes it impossible to find the original artist for some songs like Red Zone. It took me so much digging to find where Night of Nights came from...

In this case i just named it that because, like you said, it was shorter.
It's like one of those things that gets credit where it doesn't necessarily belong, even though it does make it more popular. Just like a lot of games we play now days. I mean, it's a video game, therefore it's a rip off of Doom, right?
Er, yeah. Let's go with that.

Oh, and Volley, according to your profile, you're from the state of USA in the country of Washington. :(
 
Jun 22, 2010 at 7:41 AM
Senior Member
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
Join Date: Sep 5, 2009
Location: Hopelessly Lost
Posts: 150
Age: 26
Oh, I agree. I just think it's rather ironic that some people know the spoof before they know the original.
Like if somebody mentioned the Holy Grail, somebody might say, "Oh, yeah. That was a Monty Python movie, right?"

A friend at school has talked to me about how limited your originality can be when making things, since people have been copyrighting things for decades. Someday, people are going to start running out of ideas. So, to sum it up, jokes that any video game must be a rip-off of Doom. :p
 
Jun 23, 2010 at 6:00 PM
Junior Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Join Date: Jan 13, 2010
Location:
Posts: 16
Have the beginning of a new piece here. I like it, just haven't figured out where I'm going next with it, which means it isn't quite done. Just thought I'd get some early opinions on it.

http://www.mediafire.com/?nfomtv2yomg
 
Jun 24, 2010 at 3:49 AM
Senior Member
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
Join Date: Sep 5, 2009
Location: Hopelessly Lost
Posts: 150
Age: 26
That's got some interesting timing there. I'm not quite sure where you should go with it, either. Maybe it should be left as-is, kind of like ACCESS. It's really short and simple, maybe just used for conversation. Well, I guess that's what I'd use it for in a MOD, but maybe that's not what you're going for?
 
Jun 24, 2010 at 3:51 AM
Pirate Member
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Join Date: Dec 26, 2007
Location: Lithuania
Posts: 1945
How does that EPIC FAIL song in your sig sound lol?
 
Jun 24, 2010 at 5:41 AM
Senior Member
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
Join Date: Sep 5, 2009
Location: Hopelessly Lost
Posts: 150
Age: 26
Oh, I'm pretty sure it's self-explanatory. Seriously. It sounds terrible! :cool:
I've always liked having something that says "Epic Fail" in my signature on online boards, but I decided to do something rather different this time. I actually made it to save time with the screenshot, but I did my username in an image editor, obviously.
 
Jun 26, 2010 at 9:04 PM
inactive user
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Join Date: Feb 13, 2010
Location: undead parish
Posts: 625
Jun 26, 2010 at 9:27 PM
Senior Member
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
Join Date: Nov 3, 2009
Location: United States, East Coast
Posts: 150
After a long period of semi-inactivity (posting but not doing any work), I'm finally working on things for my mod! (And the mod itself).

A few hours of painstakingly repetitive midi transcription and I present to you Allegro - 2001, the cross-examination music for Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney!

Alright, it's pretty terrible, but here it is:

Listen to me!

Let me know what to fix, please...
 
Jun 27, 2010 at 6:08 PM
Junior Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Join Date: Jan 13, 2010
Location:
Posts: 16
igotsthepower9000 said:
After a long period of semi-inactivity (posting but not doing any work), I'm finally working on things for my mod! (And the mod itself).

A few hours of painstakingly repetitive midi transcription and I present to you Allegro - 2001, the cross-examination music for Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney!

Alright, it's pretty terrible, but here it is:

Listen to me!

Let me know what to fix, please...

I think it's fine. I boosted the tempo up to 100 under song settings and it is much better to listen to that way. Though, at that tempo it rushes the end a bit.
 
Jun 29, 2010 at 5:51 PM
inactive user
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Join Date: Feb 13, 2010
Location: undead parish
Posts: 625
Tantrick
A crappy song I made, originally intending it to be a boss fight, but suck, so I forgot about it and dug it up today while searching for music for my new mo-*slaps hands over mouth*
 
Jul 1, 2010 at 3:02 AM
Senior Member
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
Join Date: Nov 3, 2009
Location: United States, East Coast
Posts: 150
I updated my Allegro piece, using the "Synth" trick by putting 2 tracks with different frequencies on the same note, leading to a "synth" sound. I also increased the tempo.

Allegro v2
 
Top