Show off your org music...

Jun 5, 2010 at 4:28 AM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
Neither of these ORGs are finished. They both have generally the same tune, but with different styles.

Volley's version is very pronounced and sounds wavy because of how he layered tracks 4 and 5. It sounds EXTREMELY techy and pretty neat.

My version is a lot more smooth. I thought that the background music already sounded pretty rough and techy, so I let mine flow a bit more. Also, Mine includes a harmony track part of the time. This wouldn't work with Volley's version, because he used the track that I used for the harmony.

Volley changed the pitch in some areas to make it sound even more interesting. I personally thought that finding some place between our two files would be best. How to do that though... we don't know. Does anybody here know how to do the Vulcan Mind Meld?

Jun 5, 2010 at 4:47 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Wait, wait, how did you get the custom skin that I made for orgmaker 134? (and later applied to 205)

It's in your sig brian.

Also you still use 134? D:

Jun 5, 2010 at 5:11 AM
Been here way too long...
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
GIRakaCHEEZER said:
Wait, wait, how did you get the custom skin that I made for orgmaker 134? (and later applied to 205)

It's in your sig brian.

Also you still use 134? D:

I just noticed his sig, too... and thought of how useful it'd be to have a skin that labelled the piano keys by letter like that :C

Jun 5, 2010 at 5:16 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
ragnaroq said:
I just noticed his sig, too... and thought of how useful it'd be to have a skin that labelled the piano keys by letter like that :C

Guess I'll post it here on the forums again.

Here's the edited version of orgmaker I've made with the custom skins, they label the keys (for newbs/noobs). I have 2 versions now.

Ver 134
Ver 205

Hope you enjoy them.

Jun 5, 2010 at 5:21 AM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
I had just logged in to ask. Mind if I change them to a green pallet? *killed*

To make this post a little less pointless, here's the Brinstar alteration I've been working on. Nowhere near finished yet, but I added a really nice touch to where the song is going to loop, I think.

http://thornbush.monarch-pass.net/mb/brinster.org

Jun 5, 2010 at 5:42 AM
GIRakaCHEEZER said:
they label the keys (for newbs/noobs).

Hey, hey! >:C

But... it's very nice to have, thank you :3

P.S. does anyone have the link to that Winamp ORG plugin since that'd make listening to the ones linked here a million times quicker and easier? The link's gone off the tribute site :/

Jun 5, 2010 at 5:46 AM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
Jun 5, 2010 at 5:50 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
ragnaroq said:
P.S. does anyone have the link to that Winamp ORG plugin since that'd make listening to the ones linked here a million times quicker and easier? The link's gone off the tribute site :/

Explain? I've just got it rigged so it automatically associates .org extensions with orgmaker and that opens em up as fast as need be for me..

Jun 5, 2010 at 5:51 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
I open organya files with a hexadecimal editor, and when I look at the raw binary, the song plays in my head.

[/BS]

Jun 5, 2010 at 6:01 AM
GIRakaCHEEZER said:
I open organya files with a hexadecimal editor, and when I look at the raw binary, the song plays in my head.

-highlight GIR's post-

XD I see what you did there.

Jun 5, 2010 at 3:03 PM
graters gonna grate
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Lol Gir you just gave me an idea for how to kill an hour or so if I ever find myself really bored: look at an org I've never seen in a hex editor, write down all the note data, and imagine what it sounds like and see how close I am :confused:.

Jun 5, 2010 at 8:02 PM
Not anymore
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
GIRakaCHEEZER said:
Guess I'll post it here on the forums again.

Here's the edited version of orgmaker I've made with the custom skins, they label the keys (for newbs/noobs). I have 2 versions now.

Ver 134
Ver 205

Hope you enjoy them.

Hey, that's actually somewhat useful. Maybe it'll prevent people from making dissonant orgs.

Volley said:
So no feedback or suggestions on the org in said post?

(http://www.cavestory.org/forums/posts/37411/)

Hm... if I were to compare the two, Brian's one has a better tone overall, since I think your tracks (Volley) are slightly too high pitched.
But, I like Volley's main melody more than Brian's. I'm not sure why, it just seems to flow better.

But these are just some minor observations. Both orgs are really well done, and I would have no major issues if I listened to either by themselves or in a mod.

Jun 5, 2010 at 8:36 PM
carrotlord said:
Hey, that's actually somewhat useful. Maybe it'll prevent people from making dissonant orgs.

Hm... if I were to compare the two, Brian's one has a better tone overall, since I think your tracks (Volley) are slightly too high pitched.
But, I like Volley's main melody more than Brian's. I'm not sure why, it just seems to flow better.

But these are just some minor observations. Both orgs are really well done, and I would have no major issues if I listened to either by themselves or in a mod.

Hmmm... yeah, for this one, you're definitely right. And looking back at some of the other things i've worked on, yeah, too high of a pitch was a pretty big issue. I think that I'll cut it down to just the first 32 measures, but give it a little more variety from Brian's, since I do like some of the stuff he'd done, a lot.

Jun 5, 2010 at 11:51 PM
I think you got it right, Carrotlord. That's what I've been thinking, too. I kind of wish we COULD use both, but that would be kind of weird.

Jun 6, 2010 at 12:01 AM
Noxid said:
Explain? I've just got it rigged so it automatically associates .org extensions with orgmaker and that opens em up as fast as need be for me..

Weird, I set orgs to open in orgmaker as well and it causes just orgmaker to simply open, and not load the song. I have to actually manually load the song from orgmaker once it's loaded.

I mean I'd like something that just instantly plays an org when i click on it, though Jackalope's program may work, I'm gonna try it for now.

Jun 6, 2010 at 1:48 AM
Assistance
"All your forum are belong to us!"
I'm not the best at making orgs, as everyone knows, but I tried my hardest on this one, it's for my mod. The song's called "Confusion", pretty gay name but I couldn't think of anything else (At least its better than shop lmfao):

HURRFF DURRF CONFUSION

Jun 6, 2010 at 2:31 AM
graters gonna grate
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
@Ralren: It's all right, though I think you may underestimate yourself; some of the stuff from PoR was pretty amazing though I don't think this one was quite as good, but still decent.

@everyone: Sadly, I'm going to have to break my usual trend of keeping up to date with all the orgs everyone's been making (as many of you may know, I was recently having some issues with getting orgs to play, but those issues are now solved, thanks to carrotlord and the other people who helped) so sorry for the lack of feedback.

Jun 6, 2010 at 2:44 AM
Ralren said:
I'm not the best at making orgs, as everyone knows, but I tried my hardest on this one, it's for my mod. The song's called "Confusion", pretty gay name but I couldn't think of anything else (At least its better than shop lmfao):

HURRFF DURRF CONFUSION

This sounds really amazing... it's wonderful to listen to. I thought the volume up-and-down seemed weird but hearing it in action it really adds a lot. I do, however, have to point out;
- that brown note halfway through measure 13 sounds totally off-key, and
- the brown notes in measures 19 and 20 seem out of place, in my opinion they shouldn't even be there.

It's really a great piece, though, it makes me wanna work harder to get that good sometime in the forseeable future. Good job!

Jun 6, 2010 at 3:04 AM
Assistance
"All your forum are belong to us!"
ragnaroq said:
This sounds really amazing... it's wonderful to listen to. I thought the volume up-and-down seemed weird but hearing it in action it really adds a lot. I do, however, have to point out;
- that brown note halfway through measure 13 sounds totally off-key, and
- the brown notes in measures 19 and 20 seem out of place, in my opinion they shouldn't even be there.

It's really a great piece, though, it makes me wanna work harder to get that good sometime in the forseeable future. Good job!

Thank you. I'll try to fix the notes a bit, suspect some changes if you ever stumble across a demo of my mod :p

Wedge of Cheese said:
@Ralren: It's all right, though I think you may underestimate yourself; some of the stuff from PoR was pretty amazing though I don't think this one was quite as good, but still decent.

If Path Of Ruin wasn't based on a evil setting, then the music wouldn't be good at all. But yeah, I did notice that I have been improving on my Org making skills. Just by a little though.