Shit city

Sep 17, 2015 at 4:14 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Honestly, my reaction to this situation is now just indifference. I don't care. I come to this forum to see my work get played. IDC if people hate it. But what good is making a mod when the community is so small and new members are pushed away for being new?
for fun? To learn? Because you have nothing better to do?
It's a hobby, nobody is winning any awards for this stuff.

And I disagree that new members are pushed away "For being new". Because if that were true, then we would have the same dozen-or-so people that were here in 2012. Raus is new, do you think they've been disrespected because of it? The community is critical, possibly elitist and clique-y. I wouldn't disagree. But we have a specific culture, and a specific set of standards. As the ancient ones in their infinite wisdom have said, "Lvrke morre". This is not a hugbox.

And in my opinion, ignoring criticism is essentially the same as denouncing it. You won't learn anything if you don't listen to anybody with a negative opinion of you. It's part of life.

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2015 at 4:17 AM
The "C" in "college" is for "crippling debt".
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
for fun? To learn? Because you have nothing better to do?
It's a hobby, nobody is winning any awards for this stuff.

And I disagree that new members are pushed away "For being new". Because if that were true, then we would have the same dozen-or-so people that were here in 2012. Raus is new, do you think they've been disrespected because of it? The community is critical, possibly elitist and clique-y. I wouldn't disagree. But we have a specific culture, and a specific set of standards. As the ancient ones in their infinite wisdom have said, "Lvrke morre". This is not a hugbox.

I feel like the community is more than happy to give people shit for not reading the rules, but is not willing to put in the effort to make the rules more obvious.

Sep 17, 2015 at 4:21 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
There isn't exactly an easy answer to "making the rules more obvious".
If you have a suggestion I'm all ears, but in my experience people are just going to ignore whatever you do and post whatever they please. And then other people are going to get upset, because now *their* forum experience has been disrupted.

Sep 17, 2015 at 4:24 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
I feel like the community is more than happy to give people shit for not reading the rules, but is not willing to put in the effort to make the rules more obvious.

I feel like you'd have more of a point here if this wasn't part of the sign up process:
p206746-0-flqg0gv.png

Like really, how much more obvious do you want it? (that blue link points to the forum rules thread)

Sep 17, 2015 at 6:44 AM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
The community is [...] elitist
That's good to know ;)

If a mod has an interesting name and not much information, there's half a chance it'll become somewhat popular.
I feel this is the reason for the popularity of "video game" by @Aar, although the levels were interesting too.

@SuperJaws100, I've really liked your mods so far. I hope you decide to continue modding in the future.

Most of the posts by @Doors seem to have poor grammar, however, he does occasionally have good points.
I feel like some members probably don't respect him because of that, which is unfortunate.

I also think we could do without some of the replies by @GIRakaCHEEZER.
if you're not going to continue arguing, then you should stop replying. Really, it's the easiest way. But it's hard, isn't it? Something compels you to talk back, to be heard, to get the last word in. Remember that you are on these forums by choice, no one is forcing you to be here.
GIR, perhaps you could learn something from your own words.

...or maybe @q3hardcore has just really lost it.

Sep 17, 2015 at 6:49 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
GIR, perhaps you could learn something from your own words.

You'll notice I've never said that I'll stop arguing, or expressed any intention of wanting to do so. So I think I'm listening to my own words very well.

Sep 17, 2015 at 9:57 PM
The TideWalker
Modding Community Discord Founder
"That dog!"
I think that some of the more seasoned members have that way of posting that comes across as ever so slightly annoying if you haven't been lurking around for the past year or so.

What we consider flavor some see as bitter herbs.

E:

Jaws, if you're looking for downloads, then you are looking for the wrong thing in the wrong place

Just take a look at Dreams of Reality 2, I think I got 3 people to 100% the game, two of them being good friends and most of the good stuff was at the end no one got to play.

But getting the detailed responses and pure excitement in their feedback from those 3 members made me feel like the work for 3 months (usually 4 or 5 hours a day (sometimes as much as 11)) very much worth it.

Also don't be so hard headed, you assume were all out to get you, it's not really possible to show character in slightly haste fully written posts. where most don't give half a shit.

It's not that we hate you as a community, it's just most don't care and it's the sad truth but to break it to you, the whole world is that way.

Last edited: