Setting Some Standards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 9, 2009 at 11:00 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
JacobX891 said:
This thread was a failed attempt to unite the forum in a time of despair without an admin. MS was being a stubborn fool, and Kage was mentioned a couple times, mainly for being a troll. This thread has no purpose, since SkyWelse came back and 2 people became admins. Might as well lock it.
..or move it.

MetaSeraphim said:
Awh, damn, I missed that?
I saw it.

Feb 10, 2009 at 12:58 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
MetaSeraphim said:
Why the Satellite Lounge though? It deserves better than that.
I didn't move it there.

Feb 10, 2009 at 4:27 AM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
Was that sarcasm little bro? I'm astounded!

Feb 10, 2009 at 6:40 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
JacobX891 said:
This thread was a failed attempt to unite the forum in a time of despair without an admin. MS was being a stubborn fool, and Kage was mentioned a couple times, mainly for being a troll. This thread has no purpose, since SkyWelse came back and 2 people became admins. Might as well lock it.
Hahaha yeah, I have no idea what I was thinking. I think I'm pretty much done now trying to appeal to people's sense of reason, all it seems to do is upset them. I guess having things actually improve would've just been an insult :D Well, it was interesting while it lasted. Keep it real d00d.

Feb 10, 2009 at 7:16 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
p39952-0-0004e5t0.png

Well it seemed like the only real option at the time. Though this thread wasn't a failure, we actually managed to create an up-to-date set of rules for the forum from this thread.

Feb 10, 2009 at 9:23 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
...Which still aren't enforced and are still constantly broken on a whim. Not much point in having rules if they're useless :|

Feb 10, 2009 at 9:58 AM
/end
No one uses fully colored posts anymore . . .

Feb 10, 2009 at 4:39 PM
Visitor From the Past...
Forum Founder
"..."
I see that this thread was moved back from "The S.P.O.T." where I had moved it earlier. If you all can recover the thread and put it back on topic from what doublethink had originally created the thread for, it can stay, otherwise it needs to be moved back. The thread started out with good intentions, but it's become a giant spam topic ever since.

-SkyeWelse

Feb 10, 2009 at 8:52 PM
Lower your expectations, SkyeWelse.

Not low enough.

Lower still.

Loooooooooooooooooower.

Feb 10, 2009 at 11:30 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Actually the spam was only pretty recent, but if it becomes a problem then I can always lock it.

Though there is a difference between a spam thread and a thread with spam in it.

Feb 11, 2009 at 3:41 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
Well if this thread's to go anywhere now then I'd suggest the last few pages were cleaned of all the images and spam posting, but then everyone would just whinge and create more spam, and then whinge more whenever a suggestion is posted. I don't think it needs to go to S.P.O.T. yet since 90% of it is still pretty good, but whatever, I'd rather see it locked than filled up with this kind of trite. And maybe renamed to "Wishful Thinking" >_>
Actually there's an idea: "Users should stop undermining every single rule-related administrative decision that ever gets made". Seems reasonable enough.

Feb 11, 2009 at 3:50 AM
Wait, DT, allow us to dredge up some care from Giveafuck bay before you ask us to do what you've been asking us to do for around five or more pages and what we've intentionally refused to do just because you've been asking us to do so.

Feb 11, 2009 at 4:11 AM
Agent of the System
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Kageryushin said:
Wait, DT, allow us to dredge up some care from Giveafuck bay before you ask us to do what you've been asking us to do for around five or more pages and what we've intentionally refused to do just because you've been asking us to do so.

Speak for yourself Kage.

Feb 11, 2009 at 4:51 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
Oh my goodness what a surprise I never saw that coming. Knock me down with a feather. Well guys, I guess if that really how all of you feel then I am truly powerless to respond! I suppose I could show some respect and let you speak for yourselves rather that allow a single person to pretend that he speaks for all of you but surely you wouldn't expect this of me? No, no, clearly you are all a single being of a single mind who are not capable of thinking for themselves. I am sorry for ever assuming that you all have differing personalities, interests, likes and dislikes, opinions, or anything else that would set you apart as individuals. I guess I should just up and leave these forums because every single one of you is pathologically obsessed with insulting me every chance they get. Yup yup, truly I am once again outnumbered and deeply, deeply intimidated by your combined and ever so powerful efforts to silence me. Oh, woe...
Joker not included >_>

Feb 11, 2009 at 4:54 AM
/end
Kageryushin & Jacob =/= every single other person on the forum.

Feb 11, 2009 at 5:25 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
Don't be silly, you and everybody else where quite clearly just spoken for with their complete consent ^_______________^
Nevermind that it was only a suggestion and that SkyeWelse himself seemed to want my input, nope, my post was quite clearly a direct demand because I am an utterly selfish human being.
I can understand if you're upset because I kept on saying "everyone", but history shows that naming names causes the biggest shitstorms of all, so I was trying very hard not to single people out.
Also I wonder when people will realise that Jacob is one of the few people I actually get on well with and stop assuming I dislike him just because they do.

Feb 11, 2009 at 5:26 AM
Nothing causes a shitstorm like a good old inflammatory remark from Kage.

Glad to know I'm still on top.

Feb 11, 2009 at 7:46 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
If you guys have a rule suggestion to make, then PM me to have this re-opened, otherwise this thread will be closed from now on.

Status
Not open for further replies.