SCS Episode 1 - forever version 0.9X due to being CANCELLED

Feb 12, 2012 at 6:50 PM
The Eternal Darkness
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
This is my second mod, Shane's Cave Story.
The current version is version 0.9¾.
It will soon be updated to version 0.9X, once I figure out how to fix those darn glitches -_-

Original post from 12 February 2012 to 29 August 2012:
Yesterday, I decided to make a mod with me being the main character. Yep, me. Shane "Bane" Neumann. Well, I know that some "Bad Beholder" made a mod with himself in, well, this mod is with me being the protagonist. Quote died in a car crash or something :).

However, unlike the mentioned mod above, this mod is WAY different. For example,
the First Cave's Life Capsule can only be attained when the protagonist who is named Shane has the Blade, even though it is possible to reach it without any weapons
and the fact that the first weapon is supposed to be close-combat orientated. The blade. Indeed, my favourite weapon, and the best reason is the attack at Level 3.

Curly died with Quote, I suppose, so I'll put a different (and also non-human) character in her place. And she talks telepathically to Shane (the game Shane, not the me-Shane, if there are those who read this post who take things literally, just like I do) before something mysterious happens to her. What, I don't know, I have yet to go past the First Cave part. And I have actually managed to do something new to my mods (id est, this is my first mod with something different). Different music. Not the original music. Aye, and the music changes when the blade is attained. Meaning, the music is the one called "Run!" before the in-game Shane gets the sword, and after that, it's "Gestation" (well, what USED to be that), but it'll change eventually (the music for the secret "Sky Maze" I'm planning is a spoiler).

Of course, I do kinda wish that I had portraits for the protagonist in this mod. I changed the hero entirely (heck, the picture-thing that all my posts get will have his graphics anyway!) and I'd also have to figure out some plan about doing something about not being able to use the Mimiga Mask (personally, I *hate* wearing headgear and handgear - heat makes me crazy) and since this is a mod in which things are not natural (say, the monsters), I decided, why not make Shane a Super Inhuman? Well, sure, that's all good and well, but what's a Super Inhuman?

It's an Inhuman who has gone beyond his or her normal power. Of course, Shane doesn't know that he is one, and only when he thinks that the only one closest to his heart (a CAT) is dead, does he actually transform AND he also learns Ice Shard (using the Bubbler). Oh, and somebody has stolen the Polar Star.

The secret areas I plan to add involve ignoring the first Life Capsule (and indeed, that should make the game challenging), but the reward for that one is equal to gaining more HP than normal. Another involves the item in the CurlyS map (no, it's not something belonging to Curly) and the third one involves the item that was Chaco's lipstick in the original, but in this one, is something totally different.

EDIT: [23:49 in Gansbaai]
If anyone has suggestions, please post them! These kind of things MAY aid in this mod's difficulty, making it easier or harder! And if there's anyone willing to do this small request from a new member, please, help me by making a Outer Wall-version of the Sand Zone's monsters and terrain for a secret area. And if anyone wants to, please make portraits for this character (well, he IS in most corners of my posts, so there's a way to see how he should look like!). I already have portraits for the one who talked to him telepathically, though. It's chilling in another mod of mine I'm busy with (and if that Captain Jersey [if I remember the name correctly] posts here, I'm gonna guess and say "Don't make six mods at once" or something similar like in the Frost & Ember post - I'm 15, and soon I'm 16!)

And on days that I'm not gonna mod, those are days that I fear my father will play Far Cry 2. I HATE FAR CRY 2. A LOT.

SECOND EDIT:
(15:43 in South Africa; 07:43 in Central America; 13:43 in London; all three if my computer isn't lying)
I finally managed to upload my mod. Here's the link:
(non-existing)

THIRD EDIT:
Cave Story - Time Warp is finally downloadable. It's in Showcase and full of glitches that I will fix when I'm done with this mod and the remake of this one with Kanpachi as the playable character. And could any admin or moderator move this to Showcase? Thanks!

27 February 2012, 23:28: 5 downloads, tying it to Time Warp.
28 February 2012, 14:08: 7 downloads, less than Time Warp.

EDIT NO. WHO CARES:
Download link:
Download version 0.9X of Shane's Cave Story 1

Part of original post from 12 February 2012 to 29 August 2012:
Shane's comments on this version:
Shane said:
This is version 0.9¾. Some of the game-breaking bugs and glitches are fixed, some others aren't. I have decided to add an extended ending that follows after the final boss. Some of the text won't make any sense, but I felt that some people may get annoyed by the game-breaking glitch in the Core area that prevented continuing the mod.
The extended ending has a boss with nine forms. That's more forms than the final boss, and for this extended ending I had to delete a secret area and a place in the Plantation. Not the Teleporter Room. Also, I haven't fixed the Labyrinth teleporter bug (which means you can't access it) - I guess that's my first thing to fix after the extended ending is done.
Here's a pic of the extended ending.
p148363-0-acx3d.png

Yeah, it has a weird plot twist :)

Also, I've encountered some weird glitch related to the music. I replaced the Cemetary and The Way Back Home songs with two others, and the first time, it worked. I put the songs in the Plantation to test. However, when I returned from Mimiga Village, the songs somehow reverted to what it was before I replaced it. :eek:

Shane said:
Some of the glitches has been fixed, but there may be more of them now. I have yet to remove the timer from the Sacred Grounds area, the Statue Chamber has a save point, and Numahachi is a boss. The reason is because I found a post from ZarroTsu:
As a lonely carver, nobody would think of killing him, so he can just mind his own business, and carve. It'd be quite the twist if you could kill him, though.
Red Demon now has 1200 HP, and Numahachi has 6000 HP (1200 HP x 5 boss fights), AND there's a new Golden Capsule which requires the Airmulet (replaces the Air Tank) and it's in Labyrinth I. Also exploding crates in the Labyrinth, made certain that it's impossible to talk to Booster in Labyrinth B, and made certain that it is possible to see where the Sky Labyrinth - Unaligned area will have it's entrance.
If you find any glitches, please tell me via PM or a comment. It's most likely the only way I'll notice it. Also, if anyone finds a Diamond Capsule, tell me in a comment.

Bonus edit:
p148363-1-byvq0.png

EDIT ????:
This mod is cancelled due to reasons that are mentioned in the Curse of Il'andri'iel thread.
Chances are that it's for good.

Feb 12, 2012 at 7:27 PM
The Eternal Darkness
Wow, second new thread that I have started in one day. Anyway, I'm planning on making a mod series. In other words, more than one mod that is part of the same story. So far, I already made folders for SIX of them: Frost, Ember, Nature, Sea, Spark and Steel. What made me think up of those names, I dunno. But all I know is, I am only able to work on Frost and Ember (not to forget that I may be planning a weapon named "Frostember").

The first four "episodes" (best way for me to remember them) has the main character called Shaie Engiabo, a fourteen-year old Draconian Inhuman whose brother, Shaun Engiabo, knows seventy-five raised to the power of six. And who transforms into a Super Inhuman in the intro of the first episode (pretty early for a super mode). In FROST, Shaie starts in her father's basement, with her sword, but at the end of the basement, she finds a ruined village, full of ogres. The graveyard is blocked, opened by talking to a girl wearing a gas mask, just nearby the save point, and said girl is the secondary protagonist for NATURE. Shaie then learns about the Black Hand, who gassed everybody in the ruined village, and eventually she realizes that her father was responsible for these murders. Of course, she already has a score to settle with him, since he remarried after his wife died (Shaie was six years old). Her stepmother is evil, too, as revealed after the Black Hand has fallen to Shaie's sword (and MAYBE her first spell, the Spellblade). However, EMBER takes place in the Cave Story world too, and in STEEL, Shaun Engiabo is the protagonist along with his girlfriend who is the PRINCESS of Draconia, Kimberley Tyron. And that mod takes place in the same world too. If there's a seventh, maybe I could force Ballos into doing it over and over, sending everybody to the CS world... but anything is possible!

This is SIX mods I'm working on, and then I'm not forgetting Shane's Cave Story and Quote's Rebirth, in which Quote is evil... but I think that's one I give up on. Sword of march, I haven't even finished the character system of a Threeway mod I made (Fighter, Magic User, Thief - three classes from Quest for Glory) and I am even cursed with bad luck for another mod, which won't allow me to make more than 20 maps using CaveEditor. Oh well. But this mod series is one I'm not gonna give up on. And if I do, I'll probably find a baseball bat and hit myself over the head with it. But that's impossible for a South African, I guess... but anything is possible, as I said above. I may even memorize seventy-five raised to the power of seven some day, or capture all Pokémon in White (but I hope I actually beat the Elite Four using only a Pikachu that knows ICE BEAM).

Anyway, I kinda hope that I will find any suggestions here. I, eye, aye. Three sounding like "I"... but I think all the head injuries I got made me crazy. Shipwrecksauce, I think I'm right.

EDIT: Ignore the above, please. As soon as I'm done with two mods, I'll work on the above (the two mods are Cave Story Time Warp and Shane's Cave Story).

Feb 12, 2012 at 8:06 PM
Not COMMA
Discord Group Moderator
"..."
Please don't make 6 mods at once. Most people can't even make 1.
And also I hope you know how to mod.

Feb 12, 2012 at 9:11 PM
The Eternal Darkness
Well, it's obvious that I didn't know how to mod at first, but messing around with things can teach people. But I'm not making six mods at once, I'm making EIGHT mods at once! And I already made one mod, but it's not completely finished yet. A sequel to the bad ending, in which Ballos sends Quote back in time. And I wish I had a photo of my cat to use as a background of some area in one of my other mods I'm busy with (see "Shane's Cave Story"), but the reason I may be attempting to make eight mods at once is probably because I am 15 (16 on 25 February) and have a lot of energy, which keeps increasing the longer I'm awake. I was energetic when I didn't sleep for two days, but everyone's unique in their own way. ESPECIALLY if I know that 75 x 75 = 5 625. And higher.

And nice avatar-picture-thing. I just hope my mother doesn't see it, otherwise she'd probably want me on this page ALL DAY... But then again, having four cats in one house, I think she'd probably look at the real live cats instead.

Well, I was planning on doing two at once, but I see EMBER as "fire" and FROST as "ice", and I like ice, so, I've worked more on ICE than on FIRE. It was what, three weeks after that which I went and made folders AND idea planning for NATURE, SEA, SPARK and STEEL.

And so far, I'm already ahead of the mod! I didn't do the part between Shaie's return to the basement entrance and New Sand Zone, but the New Sand Zone is different anyway, ESPECIALLY since it's not part of the floating island. Yeah, I know this is a forum for Cave Story, but the sequel(s) involve said floating island, so basically... I guess I'm going to keep myself from adding more weirdness, the Labyrinth is replaced with a place full of crocodiles AND weirdness. Murals in blood, I guess. And I ought to put that debug cat in the mod for SOME use, maybe have it say "Please stop saying 'kitty' and defeat all things evil for once!" when Shaie talks to it, I dunno. And so far, the maximum health from the start when I last tested it was 38 (I forgot to set it down, since I made it higher for testing the NSZ and the "Hell Within").

But thanks for telling me not to make six mods at once. I'll try my best, but anything is possible. HOPEFULLY that's not my catch phrase, because I don't need one (unless I beat somebody at the Yu-Gi-Oh! card game, and my deck is weak!). Besides, I'm crazy - it's impossible to beat Red Demon, Misery, the Doctor and his evil form with just the Blade, Polar Star and Bubbler, right?

Feb 12, 2012 at 9:55 PM
Been here way too long...
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
I think you need to calm down
A lot
I mean really, eight mods at once?
And also, you don't need to vent your craziness to us, we had enough of that with windsofwinds, and look where he ended up.

Feb 12, 2012 at 10:00 PM
The Eternal Darkness
Who's "windsofwinds"? And I'll try my best not to vent ANY sort of craziness, but it'll slip out somehow. Shipwrecksauce, it's even causing me to make up my own words. Of course, I'm new, and it feels like everybody's picking on me (even if they aren't!). Oh well, nobody answered my question, but it'll be answered. Some day. Anyway, read the "Shane's Cave Story" post if you want to - I'll try not to go nuts, bolts and who knows what else. The question I wish answered, however, just to see if I should put this in NATURE when I begin with it, is below.

Is it impossible to beat Red Demon, Misery, the Doctor and his evil form with just the Blade, Polar Star and Bubbler, while having a maximum of 15 HP?

Anyone who wants to try this may try to do so. You may even want to go on with fighting the Undead Core if you actually pull this off.

Feb 12, 2012 at 10:14 PM
Been here way too long...
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
Well, Andwhyisit made a Bubbler run, going through all of Cave Story (I think) with only the bubblre. And many people have done minimal items runs, which is only getting the necessary items. So 3 HP, and only the Polar Star Fireball and Blade. So yes.

Feb 13, 2012 at 12:46 AM
"Huzzah!"
(Sorry for being off topic) You don't have to get the fireball. Can't you not talk to santa? I think

Feb 13, 2012 at 12:47 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
You have to get the fireball.

Also, don't use nonstandard fonts and font sizes shawn, this isn't grade 6 language arts class.

Feb 13, 2012 at 5:27 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
I suggest you keep both all your development ideas and all of your mods in one thread each, and by "I suggest" I mean "do this or I'll make you do it"

Feb 13, 2012 at 6:29 AM
The Eternal Darkness
I suggest you keep both all your development ideas and all of your mods in one thread each, and by "I suggest" I mean "do this or I'll make you do it"

Was that message for me or Noxid and linkruler?

Noxid wrote:
Also, don't use nonstandard fonts and font sizes shawn, this isn't grade 6 language arts class.

Oh, if that was for me, then that's by accident. I was planning to use Times New Roman as the font here, but I clear forgot when I read CommanderJersey's reply.
Posted by CommanderJersey yesterday, 10:06 PM
Please don't make 6 mods at once. Most people can't even make 1.
And also I hope you know how to mod.

Again, who IS "windsofwinds"? Nobody answered that yet, and how did Andwhyisit get the Bubbler, by hacking or something like that? Or did he mod a small part of the game by switching the Polar Star with the Bubbler? This is gonna be hard for me... but that's REALLY hard. And three HP? Wow, that's... impressive, to say the most (saying the least would make me feel like I've been smashed by a giant boulder trap from Spelunky...).

Well, I think I got an idea, for this mod too. Remove the Bubbler, and just when the second spriteset begins to get used, (sudden flash of white light) the protagonist learns Ice Shard. Meaning no Bubbler in this mod until the hero transforms into the version that can fly.

Feb 13, 2012 at 7:04 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
Was that message for me or Noxid and linkruler?
Noxid, he is a very bad boy and has a history of making silly mistakes like that

Again, who IS "windsofwinds"?
An outstanding individual of unsurpassed intellectual prowess. All he ever wished for was acceptance, but sadly, the day that wish came true he suddenly died from cancer. Dunc only humbly attempts to continue carrying on the same gentle maturity that windsofwinds brought to us all, through such under-appreciated actions as confusing new members by mentioning to them people they've never heard of.

Feb 13, 2012 at 7:18 AM
The Eternal Darkness
Thanks, DoubleThink! Glad to know there still ARE nice people... And whilst testing, I decided to take some screenshots of my mod. Of course, as it's still in beta stage, this may change.

Uh, how exactly does a person add a screenshot or something similar? I tried copy + paste... but it doesn't work? Oh well, maybe it's better this way. Better in that now I HAVE to remember to finish this mod first before going to Frost & Ember and all those other four "episodes".

Feb 13, 2012 at 5:37 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
You can upload your picture on a website like tinypic and use tags to show it. Quote posts by other users who posted pictures to see how it works.

Also, if you really think you are able to make 8 mods then go ahead, but may we see the beta version of the first mod?

Feb 15, 2012 at 3:11 AM
Professional Whatever
Thanks, DoubleThink! Glad to know there still ARE nice people...
Ohlord he actually believed you
There needs to be a sarcasm BBcode command.

Just search windsofwinds in that fancy search bar up there, make sure to change it from "forums" to "members", and just look at some of his posts.

Also Noxid and DoubleThink are moderator and admin respectively, they don't make such silly mistakes. Though if you mess with them they won't hesitate to rip your nuts off in the most gruesome and public manner possible.
Metaphorically of course.

Feb 15, 2012 at 2:22 PM
hi hi
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
And on days that I'm not gonna mod, those are days that I fear my father will play Far Cry 2. I HATE FAR CRY 2. A LOT.

Why? I have Far Cry and it's OK and Far Cry 2 on YouTube looks very interesting.

Feb 16, 2012 at 3:55 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
It's rather annoying that temp-banning someone doesn't change their usergroup anymore, but I would hope you'd all at least be checking the ban thread when it gets updated. It's pointless as well as a bit impolite to ask people questions to which they can't actually respond :critter:

Feb 23, 2012 at 9:25 AM
The Eternal Darkness
sjasogun1, that's gonna be harder for me to do than memorizing 75^6 and I already forgot 75^5. Sorry for the fact that the beta is unseen and will be until I actually know HOW to do something.

MagicDoors, I now know that Noxid and DoubleThink are moderator and admin, because I got suspended for bumping old threads. Oh well, two days before my 16th birthday I get to post again, actually SIGN OUT for a change (for some reason I was unable to sign out) and I know what not to do. I think.

Mixer8421, you probably never got interrupted when you just opened a game. Numerous times, I barely even start a game up and then my dad says he wants to play Far Cry 2 (and that gets really irritating to me). Luckily, I can retaliate by riddles that I know the answer of. Whatever, Far Cry and Far Cry 2 are a bit loud (and my dad says that a person has to hear the shooting, or something like that). And those games give me headaches. And the only thing that helps is something cold. Such as ice cream.

DoubleThink, thanks for suspending me. I now have learnt my lesson of bumping old (and in some cases, ancient) threads. Was it intentional to not allow suspended members to sign out? And I'll have to do my best to not get myself banned or suspended again, although to make it end on the 23rd of February was nice (since I turn 16 on the 25th). And I, unlike most South Africans, don't go to school anymore, so basically, I've got a lot of time to mod, post, play games, et cetera.

And now, instead of double posting (I may get myself suspended again), what I was going to do before I read all the above posts before my last one.

I've placed a secret trap IN THE STARTING CAVE in this mod. Yeah, it may be a bit much, but the entrance is visible on the other side of the room (in other words, it's invisible in the room it really is). And I've added two monsters: a bat and a Droll-replica - an ogre or cyclops or something. Technically, cyclopses are giants, but I don't know what to call the Drolls with one eye who throw boulders. And it's possible to beat them with the Level 1 or 2 blade in a small space, just run underneath them as they jump. Said trap is unleavable, and one HAS to talk with the only person there to get the game-over (or just press ESC, then F2 to restart).

Noxid, on 13 February 2012 - 02:47 AM

I don't know anyone named "Shawn", so if that was a message for me, my name is spelled "S H A N E". I really dislike getting my name misspelled. And I am using the same font and its size now, okay? Except when I really want to emphasize something, like how much I hate Far Cry and Far Cry 2.

EDIT:
I didn't want to double post. Anyway, could I ask some favours for those who are willing to help me with this mod in terms of sprites, tiles, et cetera?

SECOND EDIT:
I assume this thread is dead? I'm the only one here, aren't I? I'll continue my mod still, although it will be uncompleted for a time longer than a day. Unless most people who are posting here will be posting tomorrow because I turn 16 tomorrow, I think I'll take my favourite weapon and stab this thread (of course, doing that literally means stabbing the screen, and I have no intention of destroying it). No reply, I'll stop posting here. Unless I really need to post something. I really wish somebody would answer...

Well, if not, I'll still say this: if I decide to put pastry as an enemy, please stop me. Use mathemetics (except seventy-five raised to the power of 2, 3, 4 and 6), riddles, anything. Well, except suspension, since it'll allow me to actually add the pastry as a common foe, and it won't end well. What kind of person hates pastry anyway? Other than me? VERY few. Indeed, very very few.

So far, I have made changes to some spritesets (those Beetle-guys from the Sand Zone are in the Outer Wall, when I get to that part), and so far, no changes to the actual game. Wow. I'm spriting rather than modding. That's stupid. What's the point of me wanting to make a mod whilst I just go on to sprite? If I don't mod before the end of the month, not even a single change, then I will turn this mod into a hard one. I suppose. But it already is difficult. Oh well.

DoubleThink, 16 February 2012 - 05:57 AM
It's rather annoying that temp-banning someone doesn't change their usergroup anymore, but I would hope you'd all at least be checking the ban thread when it gets updated. It's pointless as well as a bit impolite to ask people questions to which they can't actually respond.
Well, the pointless part may have a point. People may forget what they wanted to say. As for the impolite part, I agree 50% (if I'm in a good mood, 100%, or 0% if I'm in a bad mood, and I'm often in a good mood). Just saying.

Sorry for the double post, endlessly clicking the Edit Post button only to notice that the forum doesn't recognize the new edits...

Anyway, I'm up to the part where the first Balrog boss fight. It is mandatory, though, as the protagonist says that he can beat Balrog easily. Balrog wants to test that theory, and he does, and he should get beaten easily with the Level 2 blade. HOWEVER, I don't know how to change the bosses' HP without letting their sounds disappear (CaveEditor does this). Thus, the game is too easy.

As I asked above, anyone who wishes to aid me with tilesets, sprites, ideas, et cetera should say so. Honesty is also helpful, so if anyone thinks this is a waste of time, say so and I'll do some other mod, maybe finish my Time Warp mod for the awesome Cave Story.

Feb 24, 2012 at 2:41 PM
hi hi
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
HOWEVER, I don't know how to change the bosses' HP without letting their sounds disappear (CaveEditor does this). Thus, the game is too easy.

You can use Cave Editor 0.99d.
Is does not remove sound.
0.99c does.

Feb 24, 2012 at 3:30 PM
The Eternal Darkness
Thanks for telling me, Mixer 8421. I'll be sure to attain Cave Editor 0.99d.

I guess I should say that the Egg Corridor's changed halfway through already. The Life Capsules are connect via a puzzle, which is stated to be a pressure plate. But the first visible Life Capsule is an illusion! The solution? Shane "breaks the fourth wall" when he sees another fake, which is the solution. The second Life Capsule can permanently be missed, but it gives only 1 max HP. I plan to make that connect to a secret area, which gives more than 1 max HP. Next, I'll work on Cthulu's Abode, before doing the rest of the Egg Corridor. Who knows, it may even end up to be harder than expected.

You can upload your picture on a website like tinypic and use tags to show it. Quote posts by other users who posted pictures to see how it works. Also, if you really think you are able to make 8 mods then go ahead, but may we see the beta version of the first mod?
Oh, and if I could add screenshots (Me and tags, not very good combination, if somebody could help me with the tags required for the screenshots, I'll be glad!), then I'd add the one near the Abode, which can only be entered from the top floor (if going to Egg 00). Igor crushed the ceiling, making it fall down. Before anyone asks when seeing that screenshot. Which doesn't exist yet but it will. As soon as I can, I'll retest the game from the start, going all the way to the Egg Corridor's end, and screenshot some shots of the screen.

FIRST EDIT:
Oh yeah! Finally! Now I can change HP and XP of foes! Thanks again, Mixer8421! The first Balrog fight is still easy, but longer this time. He has 600 HP (I added a single zero) to stay longer in the battle. Maybe I'll do some extra damage to Balrog2 by making him 1200 HP (harder to kill, sure). But that's my idea. Anyone who has a problem should say so, although the first time was easy with a Level 2 Sword that does +/- 60 damage (3 hits; one hit is 20 damage). Ten hits, and the finishing blow had him landing on the thrown sword. Ouch.

SECOND EDIT:
Uhm, why does Mannan have Health of 100, yet he dies after three hits of the LVL3 Fireball or Polar Star? If I change it, will it glitch the game? I once modified Gaudi's HP, and it glitched the game... I should be careful then when I change HP.

THIRD EDIT:
I'm finished with the entire Egg Corridor except for the Egg 00 room (the cutscene part, mostly). And yet again I'm haunting this topic, this time with a third edit of a post. I hope it doesn't go to the fourth, otherwise I'd probably add a reference to this in the mod. Already did with the PC in the Egg Observation Room, which doesn't have me on this site, but instead "SBaneN". Meaning the protagonist in the mod is in another realm. And Mixer8421 is mentioned there too, as the protagonist recalls being told by Mixer8421 about Cave Editor 0.99d.

FOURTH EDIT:
The first demo is almost ready. Only need to do something about the download link thing and all that. Oh, and I forgot to mention that the TextBox file is more than one, allowing one to customize the game without using a program (although it's only the graphics).

FIFTH EDIT:
What kind of person keeps track of edits? Anyway, the first demo is almost ready, but MediaFire is a problem. The only way to download anything from there is every single file at a time, and that's going to take too long (and my account is the free one, and I'm not going to go Pro unless it is free). It already took four hours uploading, and it'll take more to download, so it'll have to be finished before I'll try uploading it again. Unless anyone can make any suggestions, this mod is un-uploadable (and undownloadable in that case). And I try not to make up my own words. But I can't guarantee that made-up words won't be in the mod. And I am also going to make a certain boss harder than usual... but who, I won't say. Unless somebody actually guesses it, in which case I'll probably make certain to make that boss even harder! And once this mod is done, I'm going to make a remake of it, just with Kanpachi as the playable character instead. Kanpachi asked me to do that. Of course, the playable Kanpachi is then a Super Mimiga instead of a Super Inhuman. Dialogue changes included. But probably less funny stuff, but anything is possible...

I apologize for the double post, but I've got great news: I finally managed to upload my mod! It's on this page:
http://www.cavestory...e-story-cs-mod/
I hope you enjoy the mod, if you play it. The demo ends after Sue's put in a cage, but you can continue playing on beyond that point. The only changes beyond that may be sprites, I am not certain.

If you want screenshots, then I can give them in a PowerPoint file, although if I finish my next version I will remove the current screenshots and replace them with the new ones. The link (that was here once and is moved to a new post) to "Shane's Cave Story.pptx".

Since I've got a demo of this mod, does this topic go to Showcase? It's already there!