Scrapped weapons/items

Oct 26, 2014 at 8:17 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
I was just looking in the files for Kero Blaster and I found a reference to a scrapped weapon upgrade for the Lazer Uzi called the Death Beam (rsc_k\localize\en.lproj\words.txt), as well as a number of weapons still in Japanese:

ペンシルズ
ラディッシュ
ゲロバブル
バブルダスト

There were two other flying items listed:

2 だんジャンプ

Google tells me that they mean "Umbrella" and "Double Jump". The umbrella was actually mentioned by Pixel as something he wanted to do, but it didn't really fit in with what he was making.

I also found an icon for a scrapped missile launcher weapon (rsc_k\img\item.png) and a icon for each weapon upgrade, including the Death Beam.

Oct 26, 2014 at 8:32 AM
thinks dogs are cool
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Interesting.

It's always fun to look through game folders and find out what was left out of the game.
The umbrella item would have been great.

Oct 26, 2014 at 1:50 PM
Forever 12
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Maybe when the kero blaster modding scene gets bigger, maybe somebody will add these unused weapons in.

Still, interesting find

Oct 26, 2014 at 2:19 PM
Professional Whatever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
You can give yourself at least the umbrella by modifying the save file. It crashes your game of course, but it's still interesting.

Oct 26, 2014 at 8:09 PM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Very interesting! I love neat finds like this. :3

Are the icons half finished or something? The Uzi Laser is already quite powerful, so I guess I can understand why the Death Beam wasn't included. Maybe the game was originally meant to be a little longer...or maybe it was meant as an upgrade for the second playthrough and Boss Rush?

Oct 26, 2014 at 8:59 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Polaris said:
Very interesting! I love neat finds like this. :3

Are the icons half finished or something? The Uzi Laser is already quite powerful, so I guess I can understand why the Death Beam wasn't included. Maybe the game was originally meant to be a little longer...or maybe it was meant as an upgrade for the second playthrough and Boss Rush?
It would be superb if each weapon got a better version for the second play-through!
And if newgame+ did not sucked