Santa's strange house

May 22, 2009 at 1:37 PM
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzttttt!!!!!
"Keep on rollin'!"
I'm I the only one who realizes that Santa has a deathtrap in his house?:)

Me, I think thats a little strange (and creepy). I wonder why he has it?

Maybe some sort of secret was supposed to be there...

May 22, 2009 at 3:56 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
I believe the deathtrap has already been discussed. It most likely grew there like weeds grow though pavement. Spikes tend to flourish in pits because it makes them very hard to weed out.

May 22, 2009 at 10:01 PM
Level 73 Procrastinator
Evil Genius Santa

Like I said in the other thread:
Reverse Psychology
This Mimiga's an evil genius!
I want to know how many Quotes have died in that Death Trap of Santa's....
I bet Ballos has less kills then it....

May 23, 2009 at 3:50 AM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
I think it's this thread?

http://www.cavestory.org/forums/threads/1397/

andwhy's answer's the best. I mean, maybe he built the house around the spikes (Like they were there before), or it grew and he went, "Uh oh".

Hence the sign, yeah? Then again, maybe he can hire professional spike movers. A:

May 23, 2009 at 3:53 AM
Level 73 Procrastinator
What?!

Starrodkirby86 said:
I think it's this thread?

http://www.cavestory.org/forums/threads/1397/

andwhy's answer's the best. I mean, maybe he built the house around the spikes (Like they were there before), or it grew and he went, "Uh oh".

Hence the sign, yeah? Then again, maybe he can hire professional spike movers. A:
Yeah, that's the thread.
....But, my idea's not the coolest and smartie-est....?
*Sniff*

May 23, 2009 at 4:21 AM
Level 73 Procrastinator
Heh

JacobX891 said:
What are you gonna do about it? Move it? It kills anything it touches! Only thing to do is build around.
Did you not read the other thread?
It obviously does not harm critters, :D
Or Curly. =D!

May 23, 2009 at 5:02 AM
Hax on....Hax off....
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
It's there to remind people who don't already know, that those spikes kill you, like it says on the sign next to it

May 25, 2009 at 9:07 AM
Been here way too long...
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
Did you not read the other thread?
It obviously does not harm critters,
Or Curly. =D!
I think Curly's air tank / shield bubble has something to do with that. Notice how hacking the air tank into your inventory won't protect you from Balrog's last fight's missiles? Curly could use her air tank(?) to block Quote's missiles. I think she kept a spike shield, looking like her air tank when in use, using some kind of substance Critters create in their bodies, that makes her immune to spikes and missiles.

May 25, 2009 at 3:15 PM
This Troper
"Man, if only I had an apple..."
Yal said:
I think Curly's air tank / shield bubble has something to do with that. Notice how hacking the air tank into your inventory won't protect you from Balrog's last fight's missiles? Curly could use her air tank(?) to block Quote's missiles. I think she kept a spike shield, looking like her air tank when in use, using some kind of substance Critters create in their bodies, that makes her immune to spikes and missiles.
First, hacking the game doesn't make a decent argument, because it's essenially changing the script, and second, don't you think that there's even a little difference between Missiles and Super Missiles?

May 25, 2009 at 10:56 PM
Level 73 Procrastinator
Heh..

Yal said:
Actually, you missed the whole point.
I was poking fun at the game, where the only person the spikes ever hurt is Quote himself.
Critters, Curly, everyone else is completely safe from the super deadly spikes of doom.
And what substance could they create to stop the spikes from hurting them? They're not like Sea Anemones {Did I spell that right? XD} and Clown Fish.
Unless the substance turned their skin rock-hard {Actually, it'd have to be tougher than metal, seeing as how Quote's made of metal, and still dies} and allow them to still move, I don't see where you're getting at...

May 25, 2009 at 10:59 PM
Cold Agony of Resolute Vacuum
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
VoidMage_Lowell said:
Actually, you missed the whole point.
I was poking fun at the game, where the only person the spikes ever hurt is Quote himself.
Critters, Curly, everyone else is completely safe from the super deadly spikes of doom.
And what substance could they create to stop the spikes from hurting them? They're not like Sea Anemones {Did I spell that right? XD} and Clown Fish.
Unless the substance turned their skin rock-hard {Actually, it'd have to be tougher than metal, seeing as how Quote's made of metal, and still dies} and allow them to still move, I don't see where you're getting at...

Perhaps critters are like some kind of amorphous blobular entities that take no damage from being physically pierced but succumb to energy weapons readilly?

Or the spikes have some sort of...
IS 'Quote'
Then '-5'
Else 'lolz'
...Thing going on...

May 26, 2009 at 12:08 AM
Yes, the spikes are robots too. Actually, everything on the entire island is a robot, except Quote, who is just really pale.

May 27, 2009 at 11:58 AM
I don't see where you're getting at...
Critters are in slow evolving process into Twomphs from Super Mario 64! Power Critters are blue and heavier than a normal critter. In just a few generations, they all will become twomphs, the supreme type of spike-protected entities!
{Actually, it'd have to be tougher than metal, seeing as how Quote's made of metal, and still dies}
There's no proof that Quote is made of metal, is it? He could be made of e.g. plastic substances, or perhaps wood? Wait, not wood, since he doesn't float.... And, um, could a piece of metal jump four times his own length straight upwards? Perhaps if Quote is half metal, half balloon, the spikes' danger would be more logical.

Oh, also, stone in general is tougher than metal in general (drills excluded, but Quote isn't a drill ^_^), so if critters are made of stone, they'dn't get too damaged from spikes, right?

And we're missing a very important detail here - XP Crystals are immune to spikes!! How terrible! The triangles of doom! - - -actually, it's quite fun. Sorry for missing your point, VoidMage_Lowell, but I see it now. ^_^ It would be pretty fun with a <is it called lampshade?> scene where Quote ironize over that.

May 27, 2009 at 9:33 PM
Banned
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
If the spikes are plants, then they'd have water in them, right...?
Maybe Quote's made of Potassium? I guess he's pale and incredibley weak.

And if they're plants, they'd need water, and I'd guess Santa might have them like a houseplants, seeing as they're bigger than the regular small ones. (I know there's more huge ones later in the zone.)

May 27, 2009 at 10:22 PM
Level 73 Procrastinator
Metal-ish

Yal said:
There's no proof that Quote is made of metal, is it?
He looks pretty metallic in all of the artwork and such....
Besides, do you really think they'd make Robots designed to scout dangerous terrain out of brittle and flammable wood or weak, melty plastic? =D
Yal said:
And, um, could a piece of metal jump four times his own length straight upwards?
And, like in another thread, we still don't know what exactly powers Quote.
His designs could be very advance, thus allowing him such incredible jumping power.
Or, maybe it's not even Earth that they're on. The gravity could be a lot different there.
Other creatures seem to be able to jump pretty high, too :D

Yal said:
And we're missing a very important detail here - XP Crystals are immune to spikes!!
Or, ignoring the famous Doritos theory, the Crystals could be made of a concentrated form of energy that Quote can collect and use to power his weapons...
Energy cannot be created or destroyed. Law of the Universe =D
{And, the energy comes from the creatures, before someone says that...}

May 28, 2009 at 8:03 AM
May 28, 2009 at 11:04 PM
Level 73 Procrastinator
May 29, 2009 at 7:53 AM
If you'd been in a cave for sereval years (at least Curly has), you won't get what's commonly known as a normal tan.

May 29, 2009 at 7:01 PM
Level 73 Procrastinator
Eh

Yal said:
If you'd been in a cave for sereval years (at least Curly has), you won't get what's commonly known as a normal tan.
I don't think it'd make you Bleach White...
I mean, look at the Sakamoto's {Or however it's spelt =D}..
They've been on the Island for a bit and still have quite a dark shade...

Pretty sure Quote and Curly are suppose to be white, anyways...

May 30, 2009 at 3:55 PM
I WANT YEN LIN!!!
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Santa's got a strange house because he's the best thing in CS.

He's the only one who uses charcoal for his fireplace because he can pollute the Earth all he wants to.

He doesn't sneak to sleep with Quote because he doesn't prefer metal or explodium-based machines