Samurai Gunn - Insane local multiplayer

Oct 22, 2013 at 10:52 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
So there's not too press out for this game currently, or much media aside from footage from game conventions. However, I highly anticipate it all the same.
Samurai Gunn is a competive arena based local multilayer game that supports up to four players. Think Smash Bros, but on crack. Every hit is a one shot kill. Precision & Twitch reflexes seem to be a big component here.
Players are armed with a sword & a gun, but only have three shots to a life. Bullets can be deflected & sword swings can be parried. The first person to 10 kills wins. However, if two players get close to a draw they'll enter a showdown, where the first to kill wins, swords only. I happened to see a live feed of the game being played by it's creators, & the gameplay looks pretty intense to me,
Here's a video of two people duelling at Fantastic Arcade;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvvtqT2CueA
Apparently the game is slated for release on PC in January, 2014. & Also coming out for PS4 & Vita.
The game creator, Teknopants, is apparently developing a single player mode for the game as well. I have no idea how that will fair in contrast to the multiplayer but I'm hoping it's just as intense.

Here's a link to an article about the game;
http://venuspatrol.com/2012/10/kurosawas-dream-the-brilliant-bushido-of-teknopants-samurai-gunn/

Oct 22, 2013 at 11:07 PM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
This game looks great, so far. I'm always itching for more really fun and intense 4-player local multiplayer games, and this looks like my friends and I would enjoy it very much. I don't own a Vita and I'm not getting a PS4, so... PC it is! January isn't terribly far away, fortunately.

Oct 23, 2013 at 3:11 AM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Goodness, that looks intense. I'd probably be really bad at it. :p

Oct 23, 2013 at 3:16 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Jump and Bump w/ swords

Oct 23, 2013 at 5:37 AM
Been here way too long...
more like Jump n Bump without bunnies

Oct 23, 2013 at 5:42 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
Captain Fabulous said:
more like Jump n Bump without bunnies
That makes it sound like a step down though

Oct 23, 2013 at 5:54 AM
Been here way too long...
Yes it does

Oct 23, 2013 at 7:27 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
"...There will also be a single-player campaign that consists of short, brutal segments where you'll need to solve interesting puzzles using your gun, sword, or jumping skills. You may need to figure out the best way to cut through a bamboo forest to attack an enemy, or you may be ambushed by ninja on a bridge and you'll have to fight them both off. Another level may ask you to evade a boar that's chasing you through a forest. You have one life, and if you die, you must begin again. “Beating it wil be very difficult,” Blyth said..."

http://www.penny-arcade.com/report/article/samurai-gunn-brings-out-the-violence-in-friendship-embraces-the-ballet-of-d

Oct 23, 2013 at 7:23 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Sounds intense, but it looks so fun to play! Do they have a demo yet?