RTA (Random Time Attack) 2

Jul 9, 2020 at 4:05 PM
"Huzzah!"
Hello! It's been a bit since I released a mod on the forums; and since I just happened to release the last major update for this mod, I'll post it here as well!

RTA 2 is a speedrun mod; a collection of 5 or so levels, in which all the rooms are shuffled everytime you play! (Although, you will always still go through the same rooms, just in a random order.)

1594306934820.png
1594306942646.png
1594306949673.png

I'm not really sure what else to put here; the concept of the mod is really simple (not to say the mod itself is :p).
Well, have fun!

DOWNLOAD (Windows, Nintendo Wii, Nintendo Switch)

Last edited:
Jul 15, 2020 at 6:19 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Good evening, Kayo.
I've taken time for tea to enjoy your project, and, I have to say, it's quite lovely. I am one of perhaps a minority that appreciates and relishes the execution of tight, rehearsed movements. The mechanics of Cave Story seem tuned just for that. This project is entirely that feeling, concentrated simply. I am rather mediocre at this, however I can enjoy it nonetheless. I could not make much progess, but where I did make some, it was quite nice.
Thank you for this! I may find myself fiddling with it in the coming days.
I hope your day is quite nice. Perhaps take some time for yourself! -Gal.

Mar 19, 2021 at 2:35 AM
Novice Member
"Officially Worth 1 Rupee"
i hate you rarebeeph i hate you

Mar 20, 2021 at 1:05 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
This is an interesting mod, I never played the first one and one reason this caught my eye is that it supported the Wii and Switch versions of Cave Story. They don't really get that much mod support and I'm surprised to see that. Sadly I don't have The wii version and I don't really want to mess with the files to cave story plus on my switch. Other than that this is a pretty fun mod overall.

Mar 20, 2021 at 7:07 PM
"Huzzah!"
This is an interesting mod, I never played the first one and one reason this caught my eye is that it supported the Wii and Switch versions of Cave Story. They don't really get that much mod support and I'm surprised to see that. Sadly I don't have The wii version and I don't really want to mess with the files to cave story plus on my switch. Other than that this is a pretty fun mod overall.
They don't mod CS+, they are freeware ports using CSE2.

Mar 22, 2021 at 12:11 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Yea, I found that out some time after I made my post.