Robonauts - for the love of the arcade!

Nov 24, 2016 at 2:17 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
QubicGames S.A.is pleased to present upcoming game Robonauts. In general, the game is about exploring the universe and fighting against corporation. Your aim is to save inhabitants from exploitation and an evil Chief. The premiere is set for release in the first quarter of 2017.

The inherent part of our game is soundtrack created by a musician and video game soundtrack composer, Simon Viklund. His music exemplifies the very essence of Robonauts – dynamic, retro, arcade-style, energizing.

We encourage to download demo of the game from our official page http://qubicgames.com/robonauts/ and check our production. What is more, the game takes part in two campaigns: Kickstarter http://kck.st/2fBHvil and Steam Greenlight. Currently, our game has passed Steam Greenlight what makes us especially proud due to the fact that people believe in us and our game.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask ;)

Cheers,

Team Robonauts

Nov 24, 2016 at 7:33 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
QubicGames S.A.is pleased to present upcoming game Robonauts. In general, the game is about exploring the universe and fighting against corporation. Your aim is to save inhabitants from exploitation and an evil Chief. The premiere is set for release in the first quarter of 2017.

The inherent part of our game is soundtrack created by a musician and video game soundtrack composer, Simon Viklund. His music exemplifies the very essence of Robonauts – dynamic, retro, arcade-style, energizing.

We encourage to download demo of the game from our official page http://qubicgames.com/robonauts/ and check our production. What is more, the game takes part in two campaigns: Kickstarter http://kck.st/2fBHvil and Steam Greenlight. Currently, our game has passed Steam Greenlight what makes us especially proud due to the fact that people believe in us and our game.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask ;)

Cheers,

Team Robonauts
Yet another bot/promoter... In case you're not a bot, I'd like to notify you that most people on any forums don't appreciate it that you just join some random forum and instantly begin promoting your game without even knowing what the forums are about.

It just does the opposite of promoting the game, the correct way of promoting your game is via Facebook, Twitter and all those social media.

Nov 25, 2016 at 12:10 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Yet another bot/promoter... In case you're not a bot, I'd like to notify you that most people on any forums don't appreciate it that you just join some random forum and instantly begin promoting your game without even knowing what the forums are about.

It just does the opposite of promoting the game, the correct way of promoting your game is via Facebook, Twitter and all those social media.
I suspect these are all done by real people using set and forget copypasta. However given that this site ranks highly in google you can expect that every link in that post to have added weight that will help push them up in google searches, and there always are curious people who will look at it anyway and people who will find this thread in search results as well, so in a sense they are still managing to promote their game regardless. The fact is that there is little you can do to discourage this sort of activity without penalising established members who have promoted their own games. In the end it currently doesn't hurt anything to allow this sort of thing since it really doesn't happen that often.

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2016 at 4:20 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
I suspect these are all done by real people using set and forget copypasta. However given that this site ranks highly in google you can expect that every link in that post to have added weight that will help push them up in google searches, and there always are curious people who will look at it anyway and people who will find this thread in search results as well, so in a sense they are still managing to promote their game regardless. The fact is that there is little you can do to discourage this sort of activity without penalising established members who have promoted their own games. In the end it currently doesn't hurt anything to allow this sort of thing since it really doesn't happen that often.
It's started happening about once every month now, actually. =\
Yeah, as zxin has said, the forums have experienced this kind of promotion a lot lately, so in my opinion it's not okay. Besides, these forums are for Cave Story, not for promotion.

Nov 25, 2016 at 5:22 PM
War criminal
What about the case for long-time members promoting their games here? Is that any different from the people only making one post here to promote their games?

Nov 25, 2016 at 5:42 PM
War criminal
Yes. If you're just here to promote yourself and then bugger off then you're not really contributing to the forums. Whereas, someone who's been here for a few months or more, someone who clearly likes Cave Story, posting a game of theirs here is far more welcome, because the game will likely have ties to Cave Story in either it's overall mechanics, or some subtle parts of the design.
There's a difference between joining the forums to promote an unrelated game you made, and joining the forums to contribute to them, but eventually creating your own game and promoting that.
Okay, yeah. I sorta thought that'd be case as well. Eh, it'd be kinda hard to dissuade new members from promoting their games here. I'm honestly surprised they didn't choose to post in a forum more dedicated to indie games as a whole than only one of them.

Nov 26, 2016 at 11:08 PM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
For the love of the lavacat

Dec 1, 2016 at 11:21 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
We’re a polish development studio and we have already produced over twenty video games for Nintendo consoles, iOS/Android, Sony PlayStation Vita and PC/Mac. We would like to familiarize you a little with our new games ;) and say hello to every video games players!

Let’s start with Gekk iYaba Runner. The game offers you over 140 levels full of danger. Jump, slide and break the sound barrier collecting as many socks as possible to save the Princess. Check the gnomish world at http://qubicgames.com/pl/geki-yaba/

The next one is Air Race Speed. It’s a 3D racing game, where you’ll be able to check the Sci-Fi world of future races and become a pilot of a ultra-fast vehicle. More info at http://qubicgames.com/pl/air-race-speed/

The last one and maybe the most important. Robonauts. Immerse into a world of cosmic arcade game and explore the universe while fighting against corporation. The inherent part of our game is soundtrack created by a musician and video game soundtrack composer, Simon Viklund. His music exemplifies the very essence of Robonauts – dynamic, retro, arcade-style, energizing.

To visualize, I encourage you to check the video

The premiere is set for release in the first quarter of 2017, and right now you can download a demo version from http://qubicgames.com/robonauts/ Moreover, our game is live on Kickstarter. If you are willing to support us, please visit http://kck.st/2fBHvil.

If you would like to ask us or get more information, you’re more than welcomed ;)

Regards,
QubicGames

Dec 2, 2016 at 12:14 AM
Forever 12
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Did you even read or respond to any of the replies in this thread

Dec 2, 2016 at 12:22 AM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
maybe it's a bot that is made to go onto random forums to promote some random game that has nothing to do with the forums it's posting on