Recommend a game that you like that no one else seem to play

May 25, 2009 at 11:58 PM
Okay
"The Ultimate Sword of Extraordinary Magnitude"
X-Calibar said:
Hi Haithm :D You shouted my name? (but added a period?)
Hi X-Calibar, I shouted because I was trying to tell that you mentioned Crystalis before and you're the reason for me to try Crystalis
Oh, I wrote down all text from the NES game to help me with my mod; thought I'd post it for kicks :
http://www.geocities.com/x-calibar/Crystalis.txt
Great!, your mod? That must be awesome *reads*

Sep 27, 2010 at 1:12 AM
Banned
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
FFIV

Final fantasy 4. My friends seem to be big fans of the newer ones, which I have never played, but I miss the old fashioned games like FFIV and CS.

Sep 27, 2010 at 5:38 AM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
Klonoa for the Wii.... it seems...AWESOME! even if it is held down with the WEIRDEST yaoi ever Y'know... no one in this hellhole that I call Knob Noster, Misery (Missouri) knows any of the best obscure games. Maybe that's why they're obscure.

Sep 28, 2010 at 2:10 AM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
.Hack//G.U.

It is a trilogy for the PS2, comprised of:

//Vol. 1: Rebirth

//Vol. 2: Reminiscence

//Vol. 3: Redemption

This series, especially Volume 3, is my favorite set of RPGs in existence. It's all real time battles where you have complete control of your character. You can have up to 2 others in your party at all times, and you can make them use items and spells as well, though the AI is very smart on its own.

The third volume of this series is so amazing that I went and recorded a Let's Play (where I play through the game with commentary) of the whole thing. The game is VERY long. For this playthrough I invested about 30 something hours into the game, whereas only 15 hours made it onto youtube.

If you want to see some gameplay (excuse the terrible audio quality in the beginning parts; I was a recording noob at this time. It gets better later.), here is the Playlist of every part of my LP. http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=AB405B9736153876

The series, which had a precursor PS2 series (.Hack//Infection, then //Mutation, then //Outbreak, and finally //Quarantine) which was hard as balls, contains probably the most complicated plot I've ever seen. The universe contains 7 games altogether, 2 anime series, a feature film in Japan, and a crapload of manga. It is my favorite series of all time, and I HIGHLY recommend you at least skip through my LP (especially in the later parts; the game starts out with not too much action.) to see some amazing things. The graphics are pretty great for their time, and there is just so much in the game that I couldn't possibly describe it all for you here.

Please, look into it. It is so unpopular but it deserves so much more attention than it got.

Sep 28, 2010 at 2:50 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
i wonder if this has been mentioned... anyway...
gotcha force:
this game is a fighting game where you collect toy sized fighters called gotcha borgs, there are a ton of different kinds of these ranging from ninjas, robots, knights, samurais, cowboys, vehicles, dragons, bugs, wizards, transformers, special ops, army gunners, and any form of giant climbable creatures you can think of *nothing obscure, though*
basically you collect these toys and you can use them against the main villains cheap, underpowered enemies called death borgs, after beating the game, you can attempt to collect these death borgs, and everyone's special gotcha borg *each character you meet has a specialized form of the other types, including sasuke the ninja, billy the gunman (who, in the hands of kotaro, is useless) and vlad the blood knight*

Oct 5, 2010 at 9:54 PM
This is mah first post in the new CS Forums! Yume Nikki, a freeware game. It's frickin' hilarious!

Oct 5, 2010 at 10:04 PM
daughter of chivalry
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
QuoteXCurly said:
This is mah first post in the new CS Forums! Yume Nikki, a freeware game. It's frickin' hilarious!

How dare you ruin Touhou and Yume Nikki for me.

It is not hilarious. It has much deeper meaning >:C

Nov 1, 2010 at 9:52 PM
Banned
"Fresh from the Bakery"
*looks at topic title*

Universe At War: Earth Aussault
^awesome game^

Nov 1, 2010 at 11:49 PM
Nov 2, 2010 at 3:13 AM
Starbound sucked sadly
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
This is just a suggestion, maybe people should post a description of the game they link and a screenshot or two, so people know what their looking at

Nov 2, 2010 at 4:16 AM
Only Love, Maximum Love, Forever
QuoteXCurly said:
Yume Nikki, a freeware game. It's frickin' hilarious!

...I lost my appetite.

Landonpeanut said:
Because it hasn't really changed over the last 4 years.
Guess that means they're doing something right.

Nov 2, 2010 at 5:25 AM
/end
WD said:
It has much deeper meaning >:C

Whether it has a deeper meaning or not is up for debate. The creator could have just throw random stuff in it and allowed people to read it in their own way.

Nov 3, 2010 at 12:51 AM
WD said:
How dare you ruin Touhou and Yume Nikki for me.

It is not hilarious. It has much deeper meaning >:C

Ya, Ya, whatever >:p

Nov 3, 2010 at 1:28 AM
daughter of chivalry
MetaSeraphim said:
Whether it has a deeper meaning or not is up for debate. The creator could have just throw random stuff in it and allowed people to read it in their own way.

Actually I see what you mean in a way. I can't count the number of artists (usually teenagers on deviantart, for example) who draw eyeballs and tentacles and blooood and weird stuff just so they can show how omfghardkore and unique they are. Can't say I wasn't guilty of this. :[

Nov 3, 2010 at 5:01 AM
/end
WD said:
Actually I see what you mean in a way. I can't count the number of artists (usually teenagers on deviantart, for example) who draw eyeballs and tentacles and blooood and weird stuff just so they can show how omfghardkore and unique they are. Can't say I wasn't guilty of this. :[

I don't think the creator did it in that kind of way, but they simply added many many things that people could interpret in tons of ways. There are at least one thousand ways the stuff that happens in the game can be seen as since I have read at least that many theories about it if not more.

It's the type of game that tells a different message to different people. I don't believe the game has one true story to it.

Nov 3, 2010 at 7:21 AM
daughter of chivalry
Like the whole Madotsuki is a post-op tranny theory