*Read First* Threads about Hacking Cave Story for WiiWare

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 14, 2010 at 1:33 AM
Been here way too long...
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Does CS wii have a EULA?
As for ROM hacks of commercial games, metroid phazon, and voids one are both, methinks.
And th only really good point Celtic makes is that this is Welses forum. It is a dictatorship.

Apr 14, 2010 at 1:34 AM
Vanished.
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Even if it does.
An EULA must be displayed BEFORE you purchase.
Like on a Website or on the Retail Box.

Apr 14, 2010 at 1:35 AM
Level 73 Procrastinator
I'm hurt

Lace said:
As for ROM hacks of commercial games, metroid phazon, and voids one are both, methinks.
Both of those hacks are legal.
We merely host a patch of the hacked data, it contains nothing of the ROMs.

Apr 14, 2010 at 1:38 AM
Been here way too long...
So can we not do similar things for CSW?

Apr 14, 2010 at 1:46 AM
In front of a computer
"Man, if only I had an apple..."
Hosting patches is a legal grey area, but it's usually not something people crack down on. That doesn't mean we're allowed to post them here though.

Apr 14, 2010 at 3:31 AM
Visitor From the Past...
Forum Founder
"..."
This will be the last post regarding the WiiWare hacking/modding issue. That is at least until I can have an opportunity to discuss future plans of this forum with my fellow administrators, namely S.P. and Andwhyisit.

I'm not blind to your concerns, but you must understand that even while I may not be a part of this forum on an active basis, this forum still represents me as the owner of the site. Whether or not you all feel that the discussions and distribution of content regarding the WiiWare version is illegal or not, or even whether or not you feel it hurts Pixel-san is not, is not up to you to decide. Ultimately, if I think that illegal content is being distributed here I cannot allow it as the owner of the site. Not only do I personally see it as a morality issue that I do not want to have on my conscious, but there are considerable legal concerns as well that can potentially affect me personally. These things are the last thing I want or need right now and arguing about unfairness isn't going to change my mind.

There may be some possible solutions to this that need to be discussed, but this will surely take time to resolve. Until then, the rules I set in place regarding this should be followed.

-SkyeWelse

Apr 14, 2010 at 4:58 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
I have a question: Why does WiiWare modding even matter to you guys? The WiiWare release will do very little to advance the modding scene. To be honest the Mac version has more chance of producing mods than CSWii. The only benefit would be to create a patch fixing bugs, but that is useless too because I recall hearing that Nicalis was going to do the exact same thing anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.