RaveStory v1.62 - Soundtrack compiled in Flac and MP3 formats by Whatthepin!

Nov 3, 2014 at 2:16 AM
Off-screen redemption arc
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
Oh. What's OFF?

Nov 3, 2014 at 2:27 AM
beep boop
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
OFF is a great game, with a very interesting story line. I suggest Markiplier's play-through, or just get it yourself!

Nov 3, 2014 at 2:29 AM
Alright.

Nov 3, 2014 at 2:43 AM
beep boop
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Please have something to add to the topic, not just do whatever. Read the forum rules.

Nov 3, 2014 at 3:35 AM
leader of the meme team feat. tom, snaf and polad
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
X-Calibar said:
SO I wrote something but then the internet fairy pissed

...Let's try summarizing:
HELL YEAH GOOD JOB

It was like I drank the Curly Brace myself, it looked incredible, turned into rainbow barf (thumbs up), and I lived to tell about an amazing adventure.

I'd write a more complete review (again), but I think that summarizes my thoughts.

... for others:
The story ranges from genius to been there done that.
Music was pretty good.
Execution was Excellent.
Graphic usage was Excellent.
Overall it surpassed all my expectations, and I call it a must-play for anyone in the modding community.

I wish I could write something to do it better justice, but I'm out of steam...

...thank you for the mod...
I've hopefully addressed these issues in the most recent version.

OH WOW I QUOTED THE WRONG PERSON NEVERMIND

Nov 3, 2014 at 3:45 AM
Bionicobot said:
Please have something to add to the topic, not just do whatever. Read the forum rules.
Please stop pretending to be a mod.

Nov 3, 2014 at 3:52 AM
thinks dogs are cool
"All your forum are belong to us!"
can we swerve back on topic

but yeah polar those issues are most definitely fixed

Nov 3, 2014 at 7:08 AM
Changed the damage values on a specific final boss projectile to be half as devastating.
Also fixed the weird binary issue.
Spirit Drifter said:
can we swerve back on topic

but yeah polar those issues are most definitely fixed
I QUOTED THE WRONG PERSON

I MEANT THESE ISSUES ARE FIXED

SeasonsOfDestiny said:
Well, overall the mod itself was pretty good. Quite amusing at times, too.
Gonna leave a list of things that could be changed/improved in the spoiler below:
1. If possible, Curly's dialogue should change once you get the Martini so that she sees that you now have a drink, but it's not good enough (unlike the Curly Brace, which you give).
2. Before I activated the Spirit boss fight, I decided to look around for any hidden goodies, and I ended up finding an invisible life capsule between two of the binary shelf things. (and according to what you said in Skype, it should be obtained after the fight, which is when it appears).
p189775-0-ed00fea66a.png

Kinda sucks that this can't be a slope of sorts, but you can only do so much with Cave Story.
4. Rave Fortress was kind of oof. It's pretty much required to have the Level 3 Sixbarreled Polar Star in that place if you want to actually kill things at a decent speed. You also needed a bit of health if you wanted to survive more than a few hits (which I ended up having since I'm a stickler for backtracking for upgrades, which in this case were previously inaccessible life capsules). The flying Gaudi were also a little annoying to deal with, since their new rainbow color scheme made it difficult to see when they were about to fire. Back to the backtracking thing, Rave Fortress was kind of backtracking heavy if you wanted all of its life capsules, which was worth it, I guess, but also a tad bit irritating. One last thing before getting to point 5: when I checked the Boombox's description, it didn't have anything changed. It'd probably be a good idea to do so, so it's not just a reskin of the Booster 0.8.
p189775-1-db9cea89cf.png

Debug Cat's a ghost! Also, the second part of the fight had a nice touch, with the falling blocks, though with them being blocks that could nearly halve my health in one hit, even after all the life capsule hunting that I did, it was a little tense.
6. Finally, the fight with Corrupted Debug Cat was a little oof as well. It took me a while to realize that the rips in the environment were essentially floating -10 spikes, which was kind of an error on my part. Although I didn't fall onto any of the -127 spikes during the Puu Black form, it would kind of suck to make a slight error and have to redo the Toroko+ and Igor forms again. Finally, for the Sisters form, I had a harder time that I think I should have with it, though it was probably an error on my part again, since I was trying to use the Sixbarreled Polar Star instead of something that fired faster, like the Level 2 Shoddy Lyrics. Overall, it was also kind of oof how so many things did 10 damage when at the time I had a maximum of 29 health.

Why didn't you save in the room containing a life station and save disk before going through the door? Well, I guess I can see you thinking that the room was a fake, since you'd get teleported out so many areas prior to then, but it'd be logical to attempt to heal and save first before continuing.
SPIRIT WHEN I SAW YOUR MESSAGE I THOUGHT YOU HAD ACTUALLY TESTED FOR THE ISSUES.

I am a fool.

Nov 3, 2014 at 7:59 AM
Um... Chosen One? Yeah that'll work. : P
"..."
Waiting for the super good update you promised ;;;)))))

Nov 3, 2014 at 8:08 AM
thinks dogs are cool
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Same.

I mean, Polar, you can't lie to us anymore; that update NEEDS to come, right now.

Nov 3, 2014 at 4:26 PM
OH HEY shoulda mentioned this earlier, what is the Six-Barreled Polar Star and how do you get it? Is it related to the unopenable canister that the Box Demon drops?

Nov 3, 2014 at 4:43 PM
ThatPortalGuy said:
OH HEY shoulda mentioned this earlier, what is the Six-Barreled Polar Star and how do you get it? Is it related to the unopenable canister that the Box Demon drops?
p189810-0-omijvpg.png

Examine the box with the gun symbol on it.

Also, the cannister the box demon drops is an exp capsule...you're supposed to break it.

Nov 3, 2014 at 5:16 PM
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Nov 3, 2014 at 8:42 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
This reminds me, im posting an edited version of unreasonable behavior that is a bit more like the original, since the mistakes i made before have since driven me insane.

Nov 3, 2014 at 9:06 PM
Veteran Member
Can you upload the mod to dropbox? Mediafire is terrible

Nov 4, 2014 at 4:16 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
thats so cool :D long time i have laughed like this:D like if u cry everytime :D

Nov 4, 2014 at 6:44 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
what the fuck am I playing

Was there supposed to be no music for half of it?

Nov 4, 2014 at 7:46 PM
I had music for all of it.