Rate the video game review of the user above you

Jul 7, 2013 at 10:50 PM
THE suus
"Keep on rollin'!"
In this thread, write a review of a game you liked/hated then give it a rating (1 to 10). Then rate the review the person above you wrote. Note this does NOT mean you rate them poorly if you liked the game and they said it was shit, or vice versa. Rate the REVIEW.

Similar to the "Rate the X of the user above you" threads. I'll start.

Portal 2. Everybody likes Portal! Hell, I like portal. But you know how sometimes when a game is awesome and gets a sequel but the sequel isn't as awesome as the first game? That... kiiiinda happened with portal 2.

Portal 2 is known for being longer than it's predecessor and it was more story driven. When I played it, I actually kinda liked that fact. Though as in portal, I got stumped like 20 times through the game and it took a lot longer than it should have. Not frustrating, brain hurting! In portal 2, I really didn't get stumped that much due to it not being as clever and enjoyable but easy and time consuming. Not brain hurting, just kinda boring.

Now I get that the dialogue was funny and the graphics were pretty but those two things don't exactly make a game. In portal, It used half-life 2's graphics and engine. It wasn't perfectly impressive, but it was clever and dark and... in a way, creepy. Yeah, there were fun little tidbits and cut scenes here and there but you see, I’d much rather be putting a cube through 239 areas of buttons while balancing a cup of water and yodelling than WATCH something.

The final boss was pretty much the same in portal, but goal was reversed and it was a little harder.
Wheatly's
dialogue wasn't as funny and clever and dark as GLaDOS' and
his
battle strategy sucked ass. The ending was pretty /crazy/ in a sense, but the end was nice. It leaves something out of you after it's over, like all you just did was for nothing. I won't spoil it, of course. Portal 2 is pretty damn good anyway. It gets a hearty 8/10 from me.

So yeah. BEGIN.

Jul 7, 2013 at 11:14 PM
Forever 12
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
6/10 Portal 2 is better then that.

Ikachan 3DS
Ikachan is a wonderful game from the creator of Cave Story (duh!) before development on Cave Story Began.
The Music Is a nice sounding piece, but there is like, only 6 tracks in the whole game! and that counting menu screens and credits. The gameplay is nice and simple, but the game is very short and only takes about 30 Mins. To beat the game in a standard playthrough. The Characters, there okay. Although, It wouldn't hurt if there were more creative characters. Over all, Ikachan is a game to play when you have a little free time to spare, but its a little over priced at 5.00. Keep in mind, there are no boss rushes or time attacks, so I am rating this game: 5/10. Its only cause of the games lack of content, but I bet this was made as practice before a lengthy 4 years of development on Cave Story, SWIM PROTO-CHAN

Jul 7, 2013 at 11:16 PM
Been here way too long...
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
IN REPLY TO COOKEDCHEF:

I rate your review a pineapple out of loneliness for enforcing the notion that everyone's opinion towards a game, and towards an opinion of a game, can be represented by a fraction. Please take the time to research, proofread, and generally think about your game reviews instead of making a thread that encourages people to pump out some garbage just for the sake of posting.

Additionally, I know in-depth discussion of something you're passionate about, video games, is great. Who doesn't love that. But are you under the impression that anyone's going to be interested in reading your novice opinion? Don't take this personally, but yours is one review in a sea of thousands, many of them better-written. You need to ask yourself what you can give your audience that a professional reviewer hasn't already, especially with a two-year-old game. I know we all have opinions about games, but you have to make people care about yours. I've certainly read enough discussion about Portal 2 at this point, in fact, your review didn't say anything I haven't already heard. I'm not even a big fan of the game, and I've still hit the saturation point for Portal.

Hopefully you can understand my thoughts about your review without me attaching a number to it. I know quantifying things make them easier to process, but message boards aren't about speed, they're about discussion. Sit and think for a while before you post, PARKRAFT.

P.S. My review for Hello Penguin is: needs more dialogue trees and morality systems.

Jul 8, 2013 at 1:21 AM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Besides the things Fab said...

CookedChef said:
Note this does NOT mean you rate them poorly if you liked the game and they said it was shit, or vice versa. Rate the REVIEW.
Parkraft123 said:
6/10 Portal 2 is better then that.
I think you missed something, there.

I mean, normally I wouldn't call people out on that, but...come on, Park. It's in the first paragraph of the thread. I find it a mite disrespectful to not even bother reading at LEAST the first post before replying. D:

And if you did read it...well, listen! CookedChef said that first paragraph as a guide to help you know what a good post in this thread is made of. Why not follow the suggestion?

Oh, and

@Fab: I kinda agree with you there, I think having those would expand on Hello Penguin's already vast complexity even further. I personally think more Bosses would have been pretty awesome as well, though Penguin is already a really climactic one. :)