Rants

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 6, 2008 at 2:22 PM
The Bartender
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Roonil Wazlib said:
My real problem is that I'm kind of a loner, so every 15 year old guy has a gf except me (or at least seems to)
Fixed. There's your explanation. A hot chick isn't going to just knock on your front door and ask you to take her there and then. Especially when nobody knows your name and you always keep to yourself.

15 year old guys with a girlfriend goes out and meets people. That's why the guys all seem to have girlfriends: they socialize and are seen by others, rather than spend their entire time locked up in the library. Who'd ever notice them there? Other bookworms who are too shy to approach a perfect stranger and socialize with them?

Go out there, talk to people you don't know (guys and girls alike - you never know who you'll meet through whom), and the next thing you know you'll be like, "WTF FUCK YOU RUNE I TOOK YOUR FUCKING ADVICE AND NOW I HAVE TO PAY CHILD SUPPORT TO THREE GIRLS AROUND THE SCHOOL! YOU'RE A DEAD MAN! A DEAD MAN!!" :)

Aug 6, 2008 at 2:37 PM
Justin-chan
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
My real problem is that I'm kind of a loner and I have no idea how to ask a girl out or whatever. <_<
Ditto.
I always thought girls only fall for the best looking guys, so then how the fuck does every 15 year old guy have a gf except me?
I think I'm ugly D: Probably why I don't have a girlfriend.
I fockin suck. -_-
Join the club. Lets make an Emos Without Gals Club and a Bros B4 Hoes Club <3

Edit - Problem is, how do I get her to be alone?

Come to school especially early, break into class, leave an annoynymous note, "Go to venue X alone. Come with company and pay the price. I have your plush toy."

Also, her birthday is on the 12th. And Monday is a holiday, so I can't stay after school to wait for everyone to leave, then put the present under her table. Maybe I should really go especially early, since she sits at the window seat. I can probably slip the present in through the window.

Aug 6, 2008 at 2:52 PM
Respwnt
RuneLancer said:
Fixed. There's your explanation. A hot chick isn't going to just knock on your front door and ask you to take her there and then. Especially when nobody knows your name and you always keep to yourself.

15 year old guys with a girlfriend goes out and meets people. That's why the guys all seem to have girlfriends: they socialize and are seen by others, rather than spend their entire time locked up in the library. Who'd ever notice them there? Other bookworms who are too shy to approach a perfect stranger and socialize with them?

Go out there, talk to people you don't know (guys and girls alike - you never know who you'll meet through whom), and the next thing you know you'll be like, "WTF FUCK YOU RUNE I TOOK YOUR FUCKING ADVICE AND NOW I HAVE TO PAY CHILD SUPPORT TO THREE GIRLS AROUND THE SCHOOL! YOU'RE A DEAD MAN! A DEAD MAN!!" :)
Oro? I'm not a bukworm. Fucking hell, I can't even remember my way to the library. >_> *exaggeration*

That's not it, I used to try all the antics the other "uber-cool guys" did and I failed miserably. EVERY FUCKING TIME. So then I decided to quieten down and although it helped my grades quite a bit I'm not very impressed by what I've become, and I'd much sooner become the laughing stock again. I could try opening up but I'm never confident of talking with anyone whom I don't know well (I kinda stammer at times ==*), let alone a girl I'm hoping to ask out.

Aug 6, 2008 at 3:13 PM
Justin-chan
Oro? I'm not a bukworm. Fucking hell, I can't even remember my way to the library. >_> *exaggeration*
Extreme exaggeration. I read books that I'm interested in, but not in the library. lolwut
That's not it, I used to try all the antics the other "uber-cool guys" did and I failed miserably. EVERY FUCKING TIME.
Just be yourself. What for try to get someone to like you for someone who you aren't?
So then I decided to quieten down and although it helped my grades quite a bit I'm not very impressed by what I've become, and I'd much sooner become the laughing stock again.
People can laugh, but at least you'll have a future.
I could try opening up but I'm never confident of talking with anyone whom I don't know well
Same here.
let alone a girl I'm hoping to ask out.
That's a hard part for the average wimp. Like us. Now go into a corner and huddle up.

Aug 6, 2008 at 3:36 PM
Respwnt
jcys810 said:
Extreme exaggeration. I read books that I'm interested in, but not in the library. lolwut

Just be yourself. What for try to get someone to like you for someone who you aren't?

People can laugh, but at least you'll have a future.

Same here.

That's a hard part for the average wimp. Like us. Now go into a corner and huddle up.
1. Oro? I guess it's the same for me there.

2. True. Maybe. But whatever be the price in terms of girls, I have to confess a tiny part of me did enjoy being the epic failure sort. Better than living with the reputation of the loner with only grades to go with him. :/

3. Not when it's the girls doing the laughing ;_;

4. :)

5. I will. Loaded with pr0n at that. After all, girls are only the next best thing.

Aug 6, 2008 at 3:44 PM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
Honestly guys, why do you lot even bother with girlfriends? If they don't play you like a violin (before unceremoniously dumping you), then they'll treat you like something they scraped off their shoe. And if by some miracle this relationship lasts, either they will move away and you'll never see them again, or you'll be forced to eventually marry them.

Oh, and lets hope it ain't the latter, because then they'll be obliged to move in with you, ruin your house (they'll call it decorating), and drain your bank account (and then complain why they doesn't have any money), all the while your sex life will steadily decline to the point where its almost non-existent. At this point she'll offload 2.4 children on you and you'll be forced to resort to going to the pub/bar every night to get some peace and quiet. (Oh, and once your other half find out that you've been wasting time on this forum instead of looking after the kids, you'll never see this place again!)

And be under no illusion, your marriage will not last. It will end in a divorce settlement that will leave you broke, homeless, and with a bitter resentment towards that "heartless bitch" who screwed you over for every penny you own.

...So, I ask again why do you guys even bother? Do you really need girls to make you happy? I'm certain you can live completely fulfilled lives without women. I don't have a girlfriend, and I know I'm happy. And if you're still determined to chase the "fairer sex" then at least give my words some thought before you hash up your lives.
[/RANT]

OK guys, rant over, its safe to come out now. :)

S. P. Gardebiter said:
Then build machines to travel into different universes and marry a anime girl
Man, if only...

Aug 6, 2008 at 3:45 PM
Justin-chan
3. Not when it's the girls doing the laughing ;_;
That's odd. Girls aren't usually the ones that laugh.

Edit
WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU TYPING OUT SUCH A LONG POST
Not every girl is like that. But yes, I'm happy with the way things are right now. Doesn't stop me from wanting to know whats dating like. :/

Aug 6, 2008 at 4:50 PM
Respwnt
jcys810 said:
That's odd. Girls aren't usually the ones that laugh.

Edit
Not every girl is like that. But yes, I'm happy with the way things are right now. Doesn't stop me from wanting to know whats dating like. :/
1. Most of them did though, and I'm normally too pissed to see beyond them. I've learnt that looking for "that one girl who understands and doesn't laugh" is something that can only be done on TV.

2. lol srsly. And you won't have to marry em if you're smart enough, which I, unfortunately don't seem to be. Won't stop looking at girls though, it's the asking part that I hesitate to do.

Aug 6, 2008 at 6:30 PM
I WANT YEN LIN!!!
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
jcys810 said:
Join the club. Lets make an Emos Without Gals Club and a Bros B4 Hoes Club <3
I'm not in there. At least I've got a lot of girl-friends(and gossips!). My prob is just that whoever I like is always not available or recommendable for me :)

And one thing I know is that I have no lil' bit sense of romance. I'm no romantic guy at all. And I'm happy about that :(
Perhaps I'm too much influenced by Love Roma.

The Mulletron said:
Fuck long quote
To make it simple, I'm lonely. Not because I don't have friends, but because my friends are just damn SLACKERS!!!!
And I might as well fill up my periods of emptiness with dating, no? At least I'm also maintaining my "social" bar.(reference to the Sims)

Aug 6, 2008 at 7:57 PM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
jcys810 said:
WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU TYPING OUT SUCH A LONG POST
If you're talking about me then...yeah. There must be something wrong with me. :( (Anyways, aren't you the one who first started this ranting thread? Didn't you know what you were letting yourself in for? :) )
jcys810 said:
Not every girl is like that. But yes, I'm happy with the way things are right now.
Perhaps, but why risk it?! If your happy then whats the problem?
Roonil Wazlib said:
1. Most of them did though, and I'm normally too pissed to see beyond them. I've learnt that looking for "that one girl who understands and doesn't laugh" is something that can only be done on TV.

2. lol srsly. And you won't have to marry em if you're smart enough, which I, unfortunately don't seem to be. Won't stop looking at girls though, it's the asking part that I hesitate to do.
1. Poor Roonil. This is why I don't do the dating scene. And I agree, TV makes it look all too easy.

2. Wits alone won't get you out of a marriage. Its inevitable.
freezit4 said:
The Mulletron said:
Fuck long quote
Damn. Are my posts really that long?

Aug 7, 2008 at 3:57 AM
The Bartender
Roonil Wazlib said:
That's not it, I used to try all the antics the other "uber-cool guys" did and I failed miserably. EVERY FUCKING TIME. So then I decided to quieten down

When in a group, people find each other funny because of two things.

1- They know and are familiar with each other.
2- The other members of the group are also amused.

This is why a joke works when "the cool kid" does it, and why the exact same joke will fall flat if that kid nobody really knows does it.

The problem, I'm guessing, is that you're trying to go too far too fast. And that almost certainly makes you come off as someone who tries too hard to get noticed. Which in turn tends to push away people... "Oh, hey man, you're Jimmy from Mrs. Rosie's english class, right? Third period? Hey, is the test today? ... Oh, that's a relief then. Thanks Jimmy." Bam. They know you exist now, and you didn't even do or say anything awkward. Your face is familiar to them and you've already broken the ice - that's one hell of a good start. If you can't work on a friendship with a head start like that, you just picked the wrong person. No big deal, try talking to other people then.

Spread yourself out a bit, meet new people, and they'll start thinking you're an ok guy after all. Those really popular guys that get all the girls? They talk with a lot of people, don't try to outshine everyone by sticking out more than "just a bit more than everyone else", and don't always expect some emotional reward out of other people. They've realized that other people are often just as willing to try to make friends as they are once. So they stop stressing out so much or trying way too hard, and succeed.

I could try opening up but I'm never confident of talking with anyone whom I don't know well (I kinda stammer at times ==*), let alone a girl I'm hoping to ask out.

The more you do something, the better you get at it. You may be uneasy around other people right now but you'll find that as you get used to being around others, you adapt and get much better at it. It's exactly like, say, swimming. At first it seems impossible but one day you're casually doing the backstroke and wondering how something that feels so natural and intuitive could've ever been so difficult for you.

If it makes you feel any better, everyone goes through this phase where they have to learn how to open up and take social "risks." Trust me, we've all had to learn what confidence is and we've all had to put up with awkward, uncomfortable moments around others. :p

Aug 7, 2008 at 11:22 AM
Justin-chan
Perhaps, but why risk it?! If your happy then whats the problem?
Experience? You're only young once.

Aug 7, 2008 at 4:24 PM
I WANT YEN LIN!!!
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Although I'm posting here, whatever problem I mentioned doesn't distract me(from life) that much. I'm quite a happy, grateful person here.

What I'm bothered about is that I've encountered some emo friends, who're concerned about simple things. One girl told me she went blue for months(4, I think) just because she broke up. And then once she looked so frowny just because she haven't seen her (new) bf for... one day!! Man, really feel like helping her to overcome this nature of hers.
And another one would be the girl I mentioned in my first post in this thread. I really don't know what her problem would be.
And I'm concerned about myself too. I think I want to help people so much that they feel strange about me and avoid me.

Aug 8, 2008 at 5:24 AM
Justin-chan
One girl told me she went blue for months(4, I think) just because she broke up. And then once she looked so frowny just because she haven't seen her (new) bf for... one day!!
I think she's scared the boyfriend will go to someone else if left alone. But if she pesters him, he'll leave her for sure, one day.
And I'm concerned about myself too. I think I want to help people so much that they feel strange about me and avoid me
*Scoot scoot*
What makes you say that?

*Scoot*

Aug 8, 2008 at 7:15 AM
The Bartender
freezit4 said:
What I'm bothered about is that I've encountered some emo friends, who're concerned about simple things.
In school, students are at that ripe emotional cocktail phase called puberty and are looking for an identity. If this is how they choose to express themselves and are happy being who they are, you really should just let them be and not try to decide for them what's best. Over time, they'll mature and find more stable ways to express themselves and more important things to turn their attention to. Until then, they're just being normal teens in their own way.

As for the girl, well, girls do that. Don't worry too much. The female psyche is weird, frequently contradictory, and ultimately uncomprehensible to us men. For some reason when they're in love, they can be irrationally obssessed. This is just a guess, but maybe him being not only her boyfriend but her new boyfriend has something to do with her wanting to be with him all the time. :p

The closest analogy I can give you is like being at school and feeling like the day's never going to end when you've just bought some really awesome brand new game you got last night that you simply can't wait to get back home to play some more.

Aug 8, 2008 at 7:31 AM
Justin-chan
oh yeah if they use something to cut their wrist, recommend a butcher knife or chainsaw

Aug 8, 2008 at 12:18 PM
Respwnt
Eh, I'm happy too. I almost always have something to keep me busy (coz I always put homework off till the last second), but I just thought I should post the stuff I do think I'm missing out on here.

btw thanks for teh advices.

Aug 9, 2008 at 9:35 AM
Justin-chan
Change to a lawn mower, Jacob.

And Roonil, is that Jigoku Shoujo in your avatar? I h8 that show. Similiar to Death Note, but without the epicness.

Aug 9, 2008 at 9:40 AM
Respwnt
jcys810 said:
And Roonil, is that Jigoku Shoujo in your avatar? I h8 that show. Similiar to Death Note, but without the epicness.
Yeah it is. I dun like it either, although Jigoku Shoujo Futakomori was half-decent IMO. I just like Ai Enma coz she's different from all anime gurls. <3

Aug 9, 2008 at 10:14 AM
Justin-chan
Yeah.

She looks ugly.

Status
Not open for further replies.