Quote's thoughts

May 29, 2010 at 6:45 PM
inactive user
"All your forum are belong to us!"
blue... still blue...

only i can see it this time...

wait.... how would i know it was blue if i couldn't see it?

…....

okay.... it appears i can't talk-

mute-

mute button?

where's my unmute button?-

why would i have an unmute button?-

i'm supposedly a person, although that's also questionable...

it's sad when technology takes away your one certainty in amnesia situations........ i suppose i could be a robot....

it's possible.....

that's sad.

A bit of a story I'm writing. What do you think?

May 29, 2010 at 7:19 PM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
May 30, 2010 at 6:45 AM
Been here way too long...
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Explain to me in a 200 word essay how that is different from Quote's Twitter account.

May 30, 2010 at 6:53 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
Captain Fabulous said:
Explain to me in a 200 word essay how that is different from Quote's Twitter account.

How about 2 sentences?

Probably the absence of foul language would be a big one. Plus this one seems like it's written more in a "fanfic" style.

But does it matter if it's different from Quote's twitter account in nature?

And what if quote doesn't have thoughts like these, since he is indeed a robot and would process information like a computer. Of course, reading binary/assembly instructions that would outline his thought process would be much more of a dull read, so giving him this human trait which he clearly does not posess does not seem all that bad for practical reasons. Plus Curly seems to exhibit some emotion and irrationality, so this line of thought isn't necessarily uncanon.

May 30, 2010 at 8:02 AM
Vanished.
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Make it a XYs-Mind Series.
Like Felix Mind.
Cells Mind
Gordons Mind
Barneys Mind
That would rock.

May 30, 2010 at 8:23 AM
Banned
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
If Quote has no memories, how does he know he's a robot?

May 30, 2010 at 8:38 AM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
Fire1052 said:

Booster told him and everyone else present that he was a robot...?

May 30, 2010 at 8:56 AM
Banned
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
Volley said:
Booster told him and everyone else present that he was a robot...?

Prior. Read the thing.

May 30, 2010 at 12:47 PM
Hyperbolic
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Fire1052 said:

Metally taste in his mouth?:D He might be not aware that he is a robot. Would be funny if he actually ate something - wonder where would that come out of him unless...

May 30, 2010 at 2:41 PM
Um... Chosen One? Yeah that'll work. : P
"Keep on rollin'!"
I don't know how amnesia works, but Quote wouldn't try to eat something.

May 30, 2010 at 4:53 PM
inactive user
Fire1052 said:

He doesn't. He just speculates that he might be. Read that part again:

sixtyseconds said:
i'm supposedly a person, although that's also questionable...

it's sad when technology takes away your one certainty in amnesia situations........ i suppose i could be a robot....

it's possible.....

that's sad.

May 30, 2010 at 6:59 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
Fire1052 said:

Even if a creature has no memories or such, a rat will still probably know it's a rat and a cat will know it's a cat. It'll still have it's instincts to rely on, or in Quote's case, his system files. If he doesn't have the core system files needed to function though, well then cave story would've never happened.

And even if he didn't think he was a robot, that wouldn't really change the fact that he processed information like a robot. Not knowing you're a robot doesn't make you human.

This doesn't rule out that his processor could have been designed to function like a human's brain, mind you. He could still have human thoughts, mainly since specifications about how he was built/works was never given to us by Pixel.

May 30, 2010 at 8:40 PM
inactive user
GIRakaCHEEZER said:
This doesn't rule out that his processor could have been designed to function like a human's brain, mind you. He could still have human thoughts, mainly since specifications about how he was built/works was never given to us by Pixel.

That was the effect I was trying to achieve.

May 30, 2010 at 9:41 PM
Does anyone care about mine? No?....

May 30, 2010 at 9:45 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
May 31, 2010 at 12:33 AM
Oh, okay.
here it is, then.

The mimiga put the book down and frowned. Well, what a gruesome death my former self had. He thought, throwing the book down. That took a lot less time than I expected. What am I to do for the next few hours? He snatched a look at the next book on the table, and stood up with shock at the title. The Descent of Mimigas Upon the Surface, a documentary by Taylen S. He was just as surprised at the title as the author. Taylen S! that stood for Taylen Silver! The mimiga smiled. He had found what he was going to do for the next few hours.

CAVE STORY: LAMENT OF THE FORSAKEN.

Taylen stood on the roof of his home, watching it burn with a grimace on his face. The year was 2021, and the USA was in shambles. Many people had gone off on boats, planes, etc. government officials, such as Taylen, had escaped… in teleporters. This was exactly what Taylen was about to do. Washington D.C. was under siege… by some form of enraged mimigas. There were millions. President Doyle had ordered, upon hearing that there was the sky island, immediate destruction of it. Half the population of the world protested (Especially Russia, whose land the Sky Isle was on,) against it. Only one human went on the trip. A man named Miakid. Someone said that the true purpose of the trip to that island was to secure a great artifact.

Right then, Taylen didn't care about any of that. He just wanted to get out of this forsaken place. He stepped into the teleporter. He hoped at least this wouldn't mess up. But, then again, knowing his luck, it probably would.

He stepped out of the teleporter, quickly swiveling around to get a look at his surroundings. he spotted a signpost, a couple trees, and what looked like a bush, but there was nothing else, besides trees and the power cord for the teleporter. he took another lok at the signpost. mabye it could tell him where he was. with a start, he realized the words were Russian. he could read that. Hmm... Опасность, держаться подальше от близости. Мимига беженцы таким образом... that translates to... Danger, keep away from the vicinity. Mimiga refugees this way... taylen guessed at the translation, but didn't guess why it was in Russian. well, for a few second, anyway. wait, hang on!- he tentatively looked up, to a sight that he really didn't want to see right then.

The Sky Isle.

'S all I have so far.

May 31, 2010 at 1:11 AM
what is this i don't even

May 31, 2010 at 5:00 PM
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
GIRakaCHEEZER said:
That site is giving me viruses or something.

Temporary files keep trying to access the registry key when I go there.

oh really? I'm wondering if we should have some thread for fics or something, then, if that's possible? Or if we could just make separate threads for them in a certain section? I'm writing a little thing right now, a "story after the good ending" fic, and if people're having problems with ff.net I wonder how we should post any fics we write in the community.

Anyway, shippo, I like your enthusiasm about writing a CS fic and all but we should have a talk about some literary errors you've got going on. Like, when someone talks, even if it's just thinking to themselves, if it's going to involve dialog you need to include quotation marks. For example...

The mimiga put the book down and frowned. Well, what a gruesome death my former self had. He thought, throwing the book down. That took a lot less time than I expected. What am I to do for the next few hours? He snatched a look at the next book on the table, and stood up with shock at the title. The Descent of Mimigas Upon the Surface, a documentary by Taylen S. He was just as surprised at the title as the author. Taylen S! that stood for Taylen Silver! The mimiga smiled. He had found what he was going to do for the next few hours.

should be:

The mimiga looked at the book and frowned. "Well, what a gruesome death my former self had", he thought, throwing it down angrily. "That took a lot less time than I had expected. What am I to do for the next few hours?", he said to himself.

He then snatched a look at the next book on the table, and felt his fur stiffen as he read the title. The Mimigas' Descent Upon the Surface, a documentary by Taylen S. He was just as surprised at the title as the author. Taylen S! That must stand for Taylen Silver!

The mimiga smiled contentedly to himself. He'd found what would occupy his time for the next few hours.

and so on

Jun 10, 2010 at 4:14 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
ragnaroq said:
oh really? I'm wondering if we should have some thread for fics or something, then, if that's possible? Or if we could just make separate threads for them in a certain section?

Sounds like a good idea. I know I'd like more people than myself to see the fanfic I'm working on. I'd also like to know some of the parameters of what makes it a fanfic, and how far out of the bounds of the game can I go to make it new, and having it still be about cave story? So having a bunch of threads about fanfics would be great.