Quotes, emergancy self destruct

Jul 4, 2013 at 2:32 AM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
So we all know when quote dies in-game and gets game over, he explodes. But I think that has another use. I believe that all the robots have a last resort, self-destruct mode. To further prove this, the one robot in the Core room explode after it wakes up. So, maybe whoever made the robots added this feature to prevent the robots technology from being duplicated?
Also to elaborate, they may only activate this mode, when they sense the danger. Which is why the other robots in the Core room didn't explode because they were defeated to quickly and didn't explode.

Post your opinions as well

Jul 4, 2013 at 2:35 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Well that problably isn't true due to no enemies dieing or taking damage when he explodes, including :critter:. But the stealing tech part makes sense.

Jul 4, 2013 at 2:36 AM
THE suus
"Keep on rollin'!"
This could be true. Honestly not the most interesting theory in the world, it could be true and could be made interesting if more things backing it up are realized.
Also, 300th post. Wooo.
And whismicalstar, It could be a small explosion, just enough to ensure no one copys it. It is very possible.

Jul 4, 2013 at 3:31 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
True, but a power critter landed on me and all of the explosion hit him. 0 damage. And small explosions would still hurt.

Jul 4, 2013 at 3:34 AM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
TheWhimsicalStar said:
True, but a power critter landed on me and all of the explosion hit him. 0 damage. And small explosions would still hurt.
But still, Quote body is destroyed and it wouldn't matter because of the game over from getting smashed?

Jul 4, 2013 at 3:39 AM
I don't think that the explosion because I think the body basically deletes/explodes itself and re-forms at save points. However, that's my theory :D

Jul 5, 2013 at 1:19 AM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
Interesting theory, including the idea about exploding to protect the data/technology...

Although, when all enemies die, don't they give off smoke when they perma-death? Doesn't Toroko disappear and then release a small explosion of smoke? I always assumed it was not a literal event, but just a way for the player to understand that something just died.
Cave Story would be a bit more depressing with bodies everywhere Quote went D:

Though if you do take it literally, then maybe there's an interesting reason behind it... Like, when something dies; it is forcefully removed from the World. Perhaps Toroko then awakens in a different place; like outside the Matrix, or some afterlife world in which she appears in... in the same state she left...? But, then again with the graveyard's existence; that makes you think that's not true... after all Arthur was buried there supposedly...