Quote X Curly? Wha.....

Jun 10, 2014 at 3:59 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
HI THERE!
It has been a while since my last post (I went on vacation and I forgot my password -_-)

But whell
I readed a post questioning Quote and Curly relationship, apporting negative and possitive proves.
I personally think that OMFG QUOTE X CURLY BEST THING EVER OMG but no. It is not.
First of all, Quote and Curly are ANDROIDS, not Robots, because Robots are less inteligent, and they only know how to do one thing *cough* malco *cough*
So it is possible that Quote/Curly fell in love because of a programation coincidence? Yes, but I need to prove more things. This couple for me is false, (altough best thing ever omg omgfgfnffwf okno)

So, put on your proves, what do you think about this theme?

I personally think that, well, Quote didnt fell on Curly, because in the bad ending there is a message that says that you dont cared of the island at all (so quote didnt cared about curly in that ending, but in the others? hm...) But curly may have a feeling, because if I was curly, when quote connected my body to its body I will punch him in the face for being a pervert -_-

Jun 10, 2014 at 4:14 AM
Perpetually out of it
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Maucho13 said:
But whell
I readed a post questioning Quote and Curly relationship, apporting negative and possitive proves.
I personally think that OMFG QUOTE X CURLY BEST THING EVER OMG but no. It is not.
First of all, Quote and Curly are ANDROIDS, not Robots, because Robots are less inteligent, and they only know how to do one thing *cough* malco *cough*
So it is possible that Quote/Curly fell in love because of a programation coincidence? Yes, but I need to prove more things. This couple for me is false, (altough best thing ever omg omgfgfnffwf okno
Okay for one,
Please fix your grammar and spelling. It hurts to look at it.
Second of all, when did it ever imply in-game that they had a romantic relationship? If anything, the Iron Bond is the closest thing they ever get to loving each other, and saving each others' lives, but none of that, by any means means that the relation they share has to be one with love. A strong friendship. A fraternal relationship. Either of these would make just as much sense, if not more.
Put on my what?

I personally think that, well, Quote didnt fell on Curly, because in the bad ending there is a message that says that you dont cared of the island at all (so quote didnt cared about curly in that ending, but in the others? hm...) But curly may have a feeling, because if I was curly, when quote connected my body to its body I will punch him in the face for being a pervert -_-
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Jun 10, 2014 at 6:28 AM
Been here way too long...
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Jun 10, 2014 at 6:37 AM
Perpetually out of it
Fab you missed "a couple" other words that he butchered.
I'd show him myself, but your commentary is so far the most amusing part of this thread.

Jun 10, 2014 at 8:57 AM
Been here way too long...
Despite Maucho13's creative use of English, I understood all his sentences once I focused on them. Making corrections to spelling and grammar is a blast (just ask any English teacher), but if I did that, it would give the impression that the technical failure of the OP was the only issue. The real problem is that it's a jumbled mountain of retreaded shipping theories that might have been fun to analyze at some point when fun was still allowed on the forums.

We've all finished having fun here, Maucho13. Go someplace else for that. Heck, you even admitted to reading an older thread about Curly and Quote's non-existent romantic relationship. It's not new territory. Control the nozzle on your OTP hose, or just complain about mods like the rest of us.

Jun 10, 2014 at 7:08 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Well, sorry about that, Im from Mexico :p

Jun 11, 2014 at 5:14 AM
"Huzzah!"
Maucho13 said:
HI THERE!
It has been a while since my last post (I went on vacation and I forgot my password -_-)

But whell
So it is possible that Quote/Curly fell in love because of a programation coincidence? Yes, but I need to prove more things. This couple for me is false, (altough best thing ever omg omgfgfnffwf okno)

um... :(
Slowly backing away now...

Jun 22, 2014 at 12:27 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Am I the only one who is agreeing with him?
Curly gave the airtank to Quote, Curly gave him the iron bond, Curly lives with Quote for the rest of their lives on a nice paradise...
How come this isn't love?

Last edited:
Jun 23, 2014 at 7:30 AM
Perpetually out of it
A friend could do that.
A sister could do that.
A simple military partner could do that.

None of those things really mean that their relationship is a romantic one.
Also keep in mind Balrog lives with them too.

Jun 23, 2014 at 3:00 PM
Professional Whatever
First of all couples can be asexual
Second why does that matter in the slightest? they're discussing quote as a character not quote as the player

Jun 23, 2014 at 6:05 PM
Giving it my all and shooting for the moon.
Modding Community Discord Admin
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
I fail to see proof of romance involved in their thinking (at least throughout the entirety of the game)

Both of them had the purpose to destroy the crown, yet forgot this main task after failure and separation.
Quote goes into an investigative phase, while Curly goes into a protective one, both with temporary tasks.
Quote proves to be more capable at gunplay and on the aligning purpose of Curly, also with a similar models.

They are both sent to the labyrinth, with similar contentions against the Trio (except Quote is more contended with Balrog then Curly... Perhaps Curly didn't know about Balrog [Sub-theory?]).
After core fight, Curly decides that Quote should be the one to live because he has a better chance at stopping the Doctor, which is both their self-assigned task.
Quote's ally protection causes him to save her (If he can).
The rest of Quote helping Curly is because repayment for saving his life and because she has the same goal.
Curly remembers main assigned goal, and that they are a designed partnership.
Finish execution as partnership because more gunplay = higher success.

The real question, is what do robots do when all of their tasks are completed? They might simply stay together incase they both decide to partner in another military task that comes out, or possibly to just do literally nothing because of it.... I don't know, you could perhaps say it's romance as they fly away, but everything in the playable game can be explained otherwise.

Jun 23, 2014 at 6:21 PM
"Huzzah!"
EnlightenedOne said:
I fail to see proof of romance involved in their thinking (at least throughout the entirety of the game)

Both of them had the purpose to destroy the crown, yet forgot this main task after failure and separation.
Quote goes into an investigative phase, while Curly goes into a protective one, both with temporary tasks.
Quote proves to be more capable at gunplay and on the aligning purpose of Curly, also with a similar models.

They are both sent to the labyrinth, with similar contentions against the Trio (except Quote is more contended with Balrog then Curly... Perhaps Curly didn't know about Balrog [Sub-theory?]).
After core fight, Curly decides that Quote should be the one to live because he has a better chance at stopping the Doctor, which is both their self-assigned task.
Quote's ally protection causes him to save her (If he can).
The rest of Quote helping Curly is because repayment for saving his life and because she has the same goal.
Curly remembers main assigned goal, and that they are a designed partnership.
Finish execution as partnership because more gunplay = higher success.

The real question, is what do robots do when all of their tasks are completed? They might simply stay together incase they both decide to partner in another military task that comes out, or possibly to just do literally nothing because of it.... I don't know, you could perhaps say it's romance as they fly away, but everything in the playable game can be explained otherwise.
Yeah you're right...
The game never tells you that the robots have any sort of emotion of love (although, throughout the game, they do have other emotions...)

Jun 24, 2014 at 1:20 PM
Perpetually out of it
Really, what is it with all this romance here that may or may not even exist?
p184820-0-9stys.jpg

Okay but honestly, I couldn't agree more with Enlightened on this case here. There's really no hard evidence these two have loving feelings toward each other.

Jun 24, 2014 at 3:24 PM
Professional Whatever
Seeing as relationship duration goes into hyperspeed within games it's not unlikely to believe some sort of romance is afoot.

You guys are saying that they can't love as robots when they obviously show characteristics of humans (sadness, happiness, love for the colons). This may be conjecture but it would make sense for them to feel this other emotion of love.

However I don't see much romantic engagement. Maybe they're very good friends I mean they fought a pseudo-god together and Curly gave her life to save Quote's but there doesn't seem to be enough for them to slap a ring on each other. Just because you're the last few of the robots doesn't mean you gotta get jiggy with each other (and yes I realize that's not the point of love well kinda)

Jun 29, 2014 at 12:34 AM
Pirate Member
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Well, Quote obviously has something big hidden in his pants since he fucked Chaco's brains out and got her lipstick. Can't say much about Curly though. There were no implications that she was ever rawdogged by any of the characters mentioned in the credits. However, Quote DID jam something in Curly's mouth to get her memories back. So who's to say she didn't have a deep throat perfectly designed to handle Quote's tool?

Jun 29, 2014 at 3:02 AM
/end
By God's almighty glory that post is burning my eyes with its vile and unholy aura. I will pray triple for you so that you will soon know the glory of the Lord and repent from your sinful ways.

God be with you my son.

Jun 29, 2014 at 3:24 PM
Pirate Member
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Now that I think about it, Quote DID have to flush the water out of Curly's system somehow. So it would make sense that her mouth isn't the only hole she has. It would make sense that Curly does have something between her legs that Quote can jam his metallic mushroom tip in (not the Ma Pignon). Hah, Pixel, you sly devil. You thought nobody would find out but woodenrat did :)

Jun 29, 2014 at 5:40 PM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
POLARIS is hurt by the burn! POLARIS has fainted! They are definitely at least friends, and how deep their relationship is is up to interpretation and preference. There isn't enough "proof" either way to confirm anything, and that's all there is to it.