Quote Announced for Character DLC for Runner2, QuotexReverse Merman Shipping Confirmed

Jul 9, 2013 at 1:47 AM
Offensive User
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"

http://gaijingames.com/blog-post/runner2-dlc-en-route

So yeah I guess this marks the first time Quote has been featured in another game (unless I'm mistaken of course). Not to mention, with a whopping deal of $3 you also get Raz from Psychonauts.

Basically all of the threads asking if Quote will be in the next Super Smash Bros. can go to hell I guess because this (to me) is much, much better.

Jul 9, 2013 at 2:56 AM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Wow, this is exciting! :D

...Quote as DLC! You know, Quote and Curly were featured as bonus characters in some other game I can't remember, but this is far more exciting. :)

I'm not sure what Runner2 is, though. Guess I better read up!

...Although I'm not too keen on QuotexReverse Merman D:

Jul 9, 2013 at 6:47 AM
Been here way too long...
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
ShinyElectricBlueTiger said:
So yeah I guess this marks the first time Quote has been featured in another game (unless I'm mistaken of course).
Gang Garrison 2 bitchessssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
but this time he's in a good game

Jul 9, 2013 at 2:20 PM
Forever 12
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Polaris said:
Wow, this is exciting! :D

...Quote as DLC! You know, Quote and Curly were featured as bonus characters in some other game I can't remember, but this is far more exciting. :)

I'm not sure what Runner2 is, though. Guess I better read up!

...Although I'm not too keen on QuotexReverse Merman D:
You mean that Team Fortress 2 Demake Gang Garrison 2 were Quote and Curly were featured as Playable Characters?

So Runner 2 is a Bit.Trip game? I played a demo of one of the Bit.Trip games on the wii, I might buy this game just so i can get this dlc

Jul 9, 2013 at 4:48 PM
Parkraft123 said:
You mean that Team Fortress 2 Demake Gang Garrison 2 were Quote and Curly were featured as Playable Characters?
Never heard of it.

Jul 10, 2013 at 5:06 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Can't believe quote is coming back, and super meat boy, I can't wait for them both!

Jul 10, 2013 at 5:53 PM
Quote still has a very very VERY slim chance of being in SSBU - not as a character but as a reskin for Megaman.

Think about it the same was as it were handled in melee and brawl for characters that were clearly reskins. Take some of the flashy stuff away in some cases and change the function of other cases and Megaman can more or less be reskinned to Quote almost exactly.

That or he might be an assist/trophy if we're still-but-not-as lucky.

In any case, someone explain to me what the heck Runner/Runner2 is? Is it exactly as it sounds and effectively like Rainbow Unicorn or Bit.Trip? Does the Booster 2.0 make Quote overpowered?

Jul 18, 2013 at 6:42 PM
Melon Lord
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Dance for me! DANCE! Because everyone knows that DLC stands for "Disco-Loving Compadres."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwMZCqo5C80
Actually it feels like these guys can't dance for shit, kinda. Good synchronization though!

Aside from that, I think Quote looks really good here. Much better than Cave Story 3D when you take away all that pixelation/fuzzy look in-game.
ZarroTsu said:
In any case, someone explain to me what the heck Runner/Runner2 is? Is it exactly as it sounds and effectively like Rainbow Unicorn or Bit.Trip? Does the Booster 2.0 make Quote overpowered?
Runner 2 is actually the sequel to Bit.Trip Runner. Also it seems he left the Booster back at home - looks like he took the Rocket Launcher with him though! Well, it looks like a Rocket Launcher to me.

Unless of course you found out yourself in the past week, so it makes this bit pointless.

Jul 18, 2013 at 6:56 PM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
Quote doing the robot...how cheesy :pignon2:

I do like his design, though! It kinda looks like a less chibi/creepy 3DS Quote.

And that definitely looks like a Rocket Launcher. Where's the Polar Star??? I NEED IT. ;_;

Jul 18, 2013 at 7:09 PM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
Maybe that's just his default pose. I noticed in the video that no one really smiled or changed facial expression except for the Adventurer, who did nothing but. Maybe they're just not showing any other textures for whatever reason.

Jul 18, 2013 at 7:46 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
For some reason, I don't like Quote's model and/or animation for Runner2, but I've kinda grown accustomed to it. (The reason this character pack exists is why I got Runner2)

Jul 18, 2013 at 10:30 PM
JonSpider said:
that may be the hair or something, I dunno
It looks like he has some small eyebrows to the middle of his face, and it makes his expression look like a child who accidentally killed their pet goldfish.

Maybe he just killed Chinfish?

Jul 2, 2014 at 6:33 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
God this is, it's, SO EPIC! HUZZAH! The pose he makes on the character select screen doesn't make much sense. Why couln't he just have the polar star in his hand?

Attachments

• WiiU_screenshot_TV_011AF.jpg
    WiiU_screenshot_TV_011AF.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 1
Jul 2, 2014 at 8:10 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
Merged.