quick reply

May 19, 2011 at 5:22 AM
Been here way too long...
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Lace said:
That's a lot of freaking time wasted clicking a button.

WASTING TIME?
ON THE INTERNET?
THIS MUST BE STOPPED.

But seriously, we would like this to change back to how it used to be. I don't recall this feature slowing down spambots at all, but if it did then turning it off should show us that.

May 19, 2011 at 6:49 AM
/end
Wouldn't count ever since the move there has been no spambots.

But, this is a stupid thing to complain about. It is worst than complaining about the 60 second timer. You are actually not wasting anytime clicking on the button.

May 19, 2011 at 11:49 AM
60 second timer - maybe stupid.
9001 second timer made me want to kill someone.

Anyways, while it may be dumb to complain about having it, there is still no reason, necessarily, why we should and do have it. Ergo, the few complainers will be happier once it is changed, and those who don't think it's much of a bother will think it is even less of a bother.

May 19, 2011 at 12:14 PM
http://imgur.com/EuvCtsQ
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
Yeah captain fabulous that time I spent clicking that button could just have easily been used refreshing the page to see if there were new posts

no but seriously andy/dt it would be totally cool if you fixed this and I would love you forever

May 19, 2011 at 7:23 PM
/end
sexplosive said:
no but seriously andy/dt it would be totally cool if you fixed this and I would love you forever

That implies something is broken.

May 19, 2011 at 7:36 PM
there is
my heart

May 19, 2011 at 8:44 PM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
Yeah I agree with sexplosive.
If it causes any damage (which it won't) then remove it.
Simple.

May 19, 2011 at 9:03 PM
/end
sexplosive said:
there is
my heart

I am going to break your fingers too here in a minute. I would enjoy seeing if you could click on a button then.

May 19, 2011 at 9:21 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
MetaSeraphim said:
I am going to break your fingers too here in a minute. I would enjoy seeing if you could click on a button then.

It's pretty easy to click a mouse just with your palm. Wouldn't actually be too hard.

Break his elbow instead. Both.

May 19, 2011 at 9:29 PM
GIRakaCHEEZER said:
It's pretty easy to click a mouse just with your palm. Wouldn't actually be too hard.

Break his elbow instead. Both.
Nose.

MetaSeraphim said:
That implies something is broken.

It is broken. It's a useless feature left over from a time that it was theoretically useful, and it would make the forums more convenient to use if it were removed. You're only arguing this to be a contradictory bitch. I'm sure we'd all appreciate it, and you wouldn't care one bit, if DoubleThink fixed the issue.

May 19, 2011 at 9:43 PM
stop helping

May 19, 2011 at 10:33 PM
/end
I'll break both his elbow and nose.

Captain Fabulous said:
You're only arguing this to be a contradictory bitch. I'm sure we'd all appreciate it, and you wouldn't care one bit, if DoubleThink fixed the issue.

No I am not you little cocky bastard. There is nothing to fix, it is not broken, fixing needs something to be broken first and it is not broken. In fact in vBulletin terms turning it off would break it since it is supposed to be on by default.

You're being nothing more than a whiny little bitch. "WAH WAH THIS MAKES ME POST 1 SECOND SLOWER THAN IF IT WAS TURNED OFF! WAH WAH"

It would hardly make the forums more convenient to use if it was turned off, it would only allow you to just click on the quick reply box to post, that is hardly anything at all. If you want more convenient forums start complaining about the 45 second timer which makes you lose 45 seconds between posts instead of having to click on "Quick Reply" and then the box to post which at most causes you to lose 2 seconds.

Oh holy fucking fuck. Two whole little seconds wasted while making a post. Somebody call the police!

May 19, 2011 at 10:42 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
I think it's actually somewhat important that it's "turned off", since it forces you to take at least 2-3 seconds to think about what you're posting.

May 19, 2011 at 11:37 PM
See, now GIR has actually provided a reason for it to be off, instead of saying "It doesn't have to be changed."
However, GIR, since 2-3 seconds is actually no time at all, your point is invalid.
And the 45 second timer hasn't ever gotten in my way.

May 19, 2011 at 11:55 PM
ok do we need to make this into some stupid debate where people start calling each other names like they are in kindergarten honestly

either it gets turned off or it doesn't
(hopefully it does)

well actually arguing the case is fine just stop being assholes about it?
like honestly guys it's a small feature on a forum don't get so intense

May 20, 2011 at 12:10 AM
/end
There is not point in it being on, there is not point in it being off. Let's just turn off quick reply all together and make it where it always takes you to advance reply.

I am going to point out however that complaining that this takes time is kind of stupid. When it is on you go into a thread and you click "Quick Reply" and it takes you right to the quick reply box where you post your message. When it is off you have to scroll down and click inside the quick reply box itself.

Whether it is on or off you're actually spending the exact same amount of time. No matter what you're forced to click twice to post a quick reply, so you're wasting 2-3 seconds whether it is on or off.

May 20, 2011 at 12:49 AM
not exactly, but that's aside from the point

in case you couldn't tell, I was being a bit melodramatic to be ironic; it really is sort of trivial

however it's something that would be nice, because it feels more "natural" for me to click in the quick reply box and type out my message

May 20, 2011 at 3:22 AM
graters gonna grate
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
I advocate changing it back to the way it used to be, because, the way it works now, it's not immediately obvious how it works. Not a big deal; you can figure it out quickly enough if you have a modicum of intelligence, but the old way was just more intuitive; you just type in your response and click reply and that's it.

May 20, 2011 at 4:06 AM
Actually it tells you how to use the Quick Reply button in the Quick Reply box.
So really, if you can't figure it out, don't post anyway.