Aug 3, 2020 at 7:33 PM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
I'll even go and update the ReadMe file to credit you.
You don't need to do thaaaaat. I learned that from looking at the TSC used in WTF Story. Credit should really go to GIR, if anything.

Aug 9, 2020 at 5:48 PM
"Huzzah!"
how do I make the Hovering Critters projectiles immediately go in the direction the player is in?
they just float if you spawn them in.

Aug 9, 2020 at 6:32 PM
War criminal
They're dependent of a parent entity to shoot them, which will require ASM if you wish to "spawn" them in out of nowhere.

Aug 9, 2020 at 7:38 PM
Giving it my all and shooting for the moon.
Modding Community Discord Admin
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
The fill and replace tools in BL only work on one type of tile at a time, it doesn't work on multiple tiles at the same time.

I.E. if you have a giant pocket of air tiles, you can fill that in, but if you have a pattern of repeating 2x2 tiles, you can't just fill that with a different set of 2x2 tiles with a single click of the fill tool, it works exactly as a fill tool in a paint program would. The replace tool just replaces all instance of one tile with another and that's it.

I have had zero issues with these two tools and use them in my mods so I assume there's some sort of misunderstanding on how they work.

Aug 9, 2020 at 7:43 PM
"Huzzah!"
Oh, I see. :O
Yeah, I think I misunderstood their use, then.
It's no big deal, though. I figured out a couple of tricks to make them do what I want, but it's nice to finally know that, thank you.

Aug 12, 2020 at 11:17 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
So I need to know which entities are a part of NpcStream. I intend to make it so they don't give any XP.

Aug 12, 2020 at 12:03 PM
War criminal
So I need to know which entities are a part of NpcStream. I intend to make it so they don't give any XP.
NPC 197 - Porcupine (even though they're pufferfish)
NPC 335 - Ikachan

The Function List and entityInfo.txt are your best friends.

Aug 12, 2020 at 12:08 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
NPC 197 - Porcupine (even though they're pufferfish)
NPC 335 - Ikachan

The Function List and entityInfo.txt are your best friends.
Thank you for your help. (I'm still learning how modding Cave Story works.)

Aug 19, 2020 at 6:19 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
How do you Mod Cave Story?? That is so cool!!!! Are there any mods that I can play?

Aug 19, 2020 at 6:26 AM
"Huzzah!"
How do you Mod Cave Story?? That is so cool!!!! Are there any mods that I can play?

modding the game is basically done with a program called booster's lab (or cave editor), there's a bunch of guides around

for your second question, yes! there are plenty of mods, take a look through the showcase page on here or this site

Aug 19, 2020 at 6:39 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
How do I apply the Mods?

Oh, and where can I find one of these Guides??

Aug 19, 2020 at 6:42 AM
"Huzzah!"
you don't need to apply the mods, they're standalone programs - just unzip and run the Doukutsu.exe like you would the original freeware

uhh, as for guides, unless someone else wants to recommend one, this is the first one i found

Aug 19, 2020 at 6:46 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Okay, Thank you!!

Aug 19, 2020 at 11:06 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I HAVE been learning how to edit Cave Story. And let me tell you, it's not easy.
PLEASE answer these four 'questions' of mine.

WHY does my game not load images I saved in Microsoft Paint. It instead 'crashes' to boot.

HOW do the camera and CRASH entities work.

WHERE can I find how to edit doors. They are the 'Bane' of my Existence. Much like Metroid Hacking.

Aug 19, 2020 at 11:18 AM
War criminal
WHY does my game not load images I saved in Microsoft Paint. It instead 'crashes' to boot.
I assume you're using Cave Editor and the (C) Pixel Requirement hasn't been disabled. You can either find that in Game Settings or just open it with Booster's Lab and save (it does that automatically).
HOW do the camera and CRASH entities work.
The CRASH entities are essentially what is written in their names. Really, most of them require a parent entity for them to not crash. If you go in the CSMC Discord Server and ask Thomas Xin (or Rainbow Critter) for a list of them, I'm sure he may provide you with one.

Aug 19, 2020 at 11:23 AM
Brayconn Online
Modding Community Discord Moderator
CSE Discord Moderator
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
If you go in the CSMC Discord Server and ask Thomas Xin (or Rainbow Critter) for a list of them, I'm sure he may provide you with one.
I'm actually kinda surprised that list isn't in @BLink 's super modding guide thread...
Link is here.

Aug 19, 2020 at 11:42 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Aug 23, 2020 at 3:59 PM
So it's a minor problem but I need help with the following: On Resource Hacker, I can replace the icons via right click and Replace Icon. The problem is, I don't know what the correct file format is and I've never replaced the icon before.

Aug 23, 2020 at 5:35 PM
"Huzzah!"
You'll need a .ico file for that. Pretty sure you can convert a PNG to .ico with ease if you use an online converter. At least that's how I did it.
You can also try following this thread.

Aug 23, 2020 at 5:48 PM
Deliverer of Sweets
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
If you use paint.net there also exists a filetype plugin to export to .ico.
Might be just a bit faster.