Feb 21, 2020 at 11:12 PM
"Huzzah!"
how do you use multi-save?
"Adds a save selection menu to the title screen with 3 save slots. Uses Undead Core space."
Question 1: what does it mean by "Undead Core Space"
Question 2: how would I set up there 3 slots, I ask because when I use it, it only shows a message box
Question 3: how do I edit the texture, because, everything is black when I start it up

Feb 22, 2020 at 12:56 AM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
I am not one to have used that hack, but to answer your first question:
Question 1: what does it mean by "Undead Core Space"
When applied, the hack is written over the code used for the Undead Core in the game's assembly, rendering the boss unusable. So you'd have to choose wisely if that's what you really want or not.

Feb 22, 2020 at 2:25 AM
Soup Man
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
i think the three slots are set up automatically.
the reason you arent seeing any texture is because you need to edit either you title or textbox bmp (i forgot which one) to include the textbox / stuff for the files. i would double check by looking at a mod that also used the hack like king story or wtf story.

Feb 22, 2020 at 4:42 AM
War criminal
Maybe we should just post a more available image (one that someone should probably bug Enlight about including in the bitmaps folder for the Hackinator).

Here's this one from Aar's mod from like, 2012.
p372548-0-zotpog.png

Feb 22, 2020 at 12:21 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
So does anybody know how to edit Organya View? (I ask because I wanted a proper Sound Test option for my mod and Organya View was the next best thing.) I'm hoping that I can change the music tracks to the ones in the mod instead of the default ones.

Feb 22, 2020 at 3:31 PM
War criminal
So does anybody know how to edit Organya View? (I ask because I wanted a proper Sound Test option for my mod and Organya View was the next best thing.) I'm hoping that I can change the music tracks to the ones in the mod instead of the default ones.
You can replace the songs through Resource Hacker just like with regular Cave Story. Just make sure their internal filenames are the same.

Feb 22, 2020 at 6:17 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
p372552-0-xyyoqih.png

That's easier said than done considering that I have to somehow replace the code...right? Right, now how do I actually pull this off?
EDIT: Will it work with OGG files or is Organya View unable to play OGG files?

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2020 at 6:39 PM
"Huzzah!"
Wasn't there a program called orgadder that did the exact same thing but was easier to use?
It works with EXE files and OrgView is an EXE.

Feb 22, 2020 at 10:40 PM
War criminal
Will it work with OGG files or is Organya View unable to play OGG files?
It only works with Org, unfortunately. There are options for OGG files though (putting them in a public playlist on youtube, making a mixtape, creating a zip folder containing the songs in high quality).
Wasn't there a program called orgadder that did the exact same thing but was easier to use?
I'd advise against using OrgAdder because v1.1 (its latest version) has a bug where it doesn't change the RAM address in <CMU and <RMU to read off for the new pointer table and music filenames. You can technically fix it manually, if you know what you're doing with ASM. Only setback is you would have to repeat this process every time you use OrgAdder. If you wish to use more than 44 orgs in Cave Story, this guide is your best friend!

Feb 23, 2020 at 4:13 AM
"Huzzah!"
how to you put a bk as the title screen background (bkFog is what I'm trying to use)

Feb 23, 2020 at 3:35 PM
It only works with Org, unfortunately. There are options for OGG files though (putting them in a public playlist on youtube, making a mixtape, creating a zip folder containing the songs in high quality).
Well that's a shame. I guess I'll have to resort to the zip folder then. Hopefully somebody will update ORG Viewer so that it works with OGG files in future.

Feb 26, 2020 at 5:37 PM
"Huzzah!"
I'm trying to change who shows up in the credits at the end, and when going through the script...
Capture.PNG
and the only thing it changes is it's direction, some are character names, some are blank, how would I change it from Curly appearing to Quote appearing

Feb 26, 2020 at 8:29 PM
Giving it my all and shooting for the moon.
Modding Community Discord Admin
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
I'm trying to change who shows up in the credits at the end, and when going through the script...
View attachment 6445
and the only thing it changes is it's direction, some are character names, some are blank, how would I change it from Curly appearing to Quote appearing
Yeah it's using a universal credits entity that just displays the graphics from other NPC's. You might have to run the credits to see where curly is positioned (or skim a video online), then go into your editor and find which null entity is in that position, then here in the TSC you would edit the CNP of the entity to Quote (which I believe is 150) and give it a normal direction. The other way is to edit Curly's graphics to use Quote sprites in NpcRegu but I doubt you want that.

Mar 4, 2020 at 12:12 PM
So I've got this last bug to deal with, regarding Gun v1: When the player uses the teleporter, then returns to the hub, they can't move. They can still switch weapons and access their menu but they can't move.
EDIT: Never mind. The problem has been solved already so move along, there's nothing to see here.

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2020 at 6:19 PM
Giving it my all and shooting for the moon.
Modding Community Discord Admin
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Maybe we should just post a more available image (one that someone should probably bug Enlight about including in the bitmaps folder for the Hackinator).

Booster's Lab is on github, all my hackinator stuff from 2 years ago was submitted through there, and now there's like 10+ XML hacks made by various people (mostly Txin) that I've lost track of. I'm not consistent in keeping the hackinator up to date so I am publically now inviting others to submit pull requests to the github in my place because I haven't been doing it as of late.

Mar 6, 2020 at 3:54 AM
War criminal
That's... actually pretty interesting to hear, tbh. It's almost giving me the motivation to finally release TSC+ Improved. Who knows, I could also probably look into XML hacks again to see what was still missing from the Hackinator library. Thank you, Enlight!

Apr 12, 2020 at 11:32 AM
I've been dealing with this issue and it annoys me. The final phase of Gun's second boss uses Balfrog's A.I and the fight functions normally except for one problem: I can't damage it.

DiaDog3 Damage Glitch.gif
I think it could be a scripting error, though I'm unsure what it is. Here's the script for reference:

Apr 12, 2020 at 1:38 PM
"Huzzah!"
do you have the entity set as interactable?

Apr 12, 2020 at 3:38 PM
do you have the entity set as interactable?
Balfrog has an entity set? That's news to me. Considering I've only just learnt about it, no I don't have it set to Interactable.

Apr 12, 2020 at 10:25 PM
"Huzzah!"
maybe this doesn't matter, but put the <BOAXXXX like this: <BOA0010<BOA0100<BSL0000