Aug 11, 2019 at 10:10 AM
"Huzzah!"
Hey, it now works as it should, thank you very much.

Aug 16, 2019 at 4:22 PM
"Huzzah!"
Hello again, this time I was wondering if there were any guides on how to make custom npcs and/or weapons.
Also would be nice to know how to simply change the description of an item.

Aug 16, 2019 at 6:48 PM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
There is one guide that can introduce you to making entities (the concept is similar for weapon hacking too, but there are different defines being used). For a more direct and immediate approach on learning to hack them, then joining the CSMC Discord server is also ideal.

Also for changing the description of an item, click on the "Edit Other TSC File" option in Booster's Lab and open up ArmsItem.tsc, if you're using Cave Editor though, then the file should be easily accessible from the main screen.

Aug 24, 2019 at 4:08 AM
"Huzzah!"
Here we go again, sorry to bother you guys, but the stuff, the org stuff, I just need 1 thing I swear

How to make custom org file and how to put them in the files

I'm really sorry

Aug 24, 2019 at 5:31 AM
War criminal
Here we go again, sorry to bother you guys, but the stuff, the org stuff, I just need 1 thing I swear

How to make custom org file and how to put them in the files

I'm really sorry
Here's everything you'll need to know and use for that! :)
Orgmakerx210 [link] (direct download)
This program let's you make .org files (Cave Story's native music format) If you like making orgs there's a dedicated discord ran by mLurker you can check out here.
Reshacker (old, compatible version with CS) [link] (direct download)
let's you dig into the exe itself and replace the icons the game has, as well as the mouse graphic, the orgs (the game's native music format) as well as the Credit's image for the game.

Q: How do I replace ORGs?
A: Check out this post by Wedge of Cheese.

Aug 24, 2019 at 3:52 PM
"Huzzah!"
I think that I will join the Modding Discord Server to ask questions in the future but I'm going to ask here one last time.
A question for convenience: Is there a way to resize a map in booster's lab BUT do it from the up direction instead of only down?(same thing for left and right obvs). That would definitely be very useful.

Aug 25, 2019 at 2:55 AM
War criminal
A question for convenience: Is there a way to resize a map in booster's lab BUT do it from the up direction instead of only down?(same thing for left and right obvs). That would definitely be very useful.
Unfortunately there isn't. However, there is the Copy tool for selecting the whole map you've put in so far and then use Draw to place it at the very bottom. It won't exactly solve this preference, but it does help alleviate it.

Aug 25, 2019 at 10:27 AM
"Huzzah!"
Good stuff, very useful tool.

Sep 18, 2019 at 5:25 PM
"Huzzah!"
Sorry to bother you but I started working on my mod again and I have a little, stupid problem:
s-d-p-png.5721
I want the blue part to disappear on the edge of the screen but if I try the "shift map" option it only allows me to make the lower part disappear on the edge of the screen, (If the solution is REALLY simple you're allowed to call me an idiot).

Attachments

• S.D.P..PNG
    S.D.P..PNG
    43.8 KB · Views: 40
Sep 25, 2019 at 1:22 PM
"Huzzah!"
Ight, so I was replacing old CS textures with new ones made by me when I found out I had this problem;I need more tiles to work with!

So the question is: is there a way to increase the number of tiles available with Booster's lab?

(Also somebody told me that it's possible to delete levels in booster's lab, how do you do it?)

Sep 25, 2019 at 1:30 PM
Deliverer of Sweets
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
You can just make the tileset image larger, up to a max size of 256x256, which brings you to a max of 256 tiles in one tileset. You'll have to set colission for your new tiles though, but you can do this by right clicking the tiles in BL.
If you want to have any more than that without doing asm stuff, you're gonna have to make use of a trick involving the way tilesets get loaded, but instead of a map with a massive tileset you just get a map with variable tiles based on from what map you entered from.
As for deleting maps, you can just right click the map you want gone in the map listing and press Delete, the files will still exist but the game and BL should just not consider it part of a map.

Sep 25, 2019 at 1:33 PM
"Huzzah!"
Um, with maps do you mean levels? Otherwise I think you misread the last part of my message

Oh, I mean the levels of the guns, not the maps. Maybe I wasn't clear.

Sep 25, 2019 at 1:45 PM
Deliverer of Sweets
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
As far as I am aware you can't really 'delete' levels, but there are hackinator files that can let you change either the xp required to level (set this to something high and you effectively won't be leveling up unless you grind extremely high) or allow you to change the bullet IDs of weapons (Which means you can set the IDs of one gun to the same and it effectively wont change when it levels, though this is a new one to me so I can't truly confirm).
You can find the hackinator under the Actions tab.
This involves editing the exe though so consider backing up your mod before you make any edits you're unsure about.