Nov 24, 2017 at 10:20 PM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
use the command <MIM#### where 0000 is normal quote, 0001 is the mimiga mask, etc. Just increase the size of the image's height by increments of 32 for 0002 and so on.
I'd also like to point out that the infinite mimiga mask hack is redundant if you're already using TSC+ (bundled with booster's lab, I think) where you can use the <VAR command to edit variable 0006 directly. It'd go like <VAR0006:#### where #### is your sprite set of choice.

Nov 24, 2017 at 10:21 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
use the command <MIM#### where 0000 is normal quote, 0001 is the mimiga mask, etc. Just increase the size of the image's height by increments of 32 for 0002 and so on.
I'd also like to point out that the infinite mimiga mask hack is redundant if you're already using TSC+ (bundled with booster's lab, I think) where you can use the <VAR command to edit variable 0006 directly. It'd go like <VAR0006:#### where #### is your sprite set of choice.
Thanks!

Dec 1, 2017 at 1:01 PM
How to make a weapon shot another weapon's bullet? For example, the machine gun will shot polar star bullets
or bubbler that shots fireballs

Dec 1, 2017 at 3:45 PM
The TideWalker
Modding Community Discord Founder
"That dog!"
I would have sworn it was in the Haxinator but I checked myself just now and I guess not.

To make weapons change what's shot you're going to have to look at the gun code and find the bullet spawning function (CALL 403F80) and this is how to PUSH values onto it:

Code:
push dir
push y
push x
push bulletid
call 403f80
add esp,10

Each weapon offset is as follows (where you will find said PUSH)

Code:
Weapon1=41DBD0
Weapon2=41DE60
Weapon3=41E110
Weapon4=41E3D0
Weapon5=41E7B0
Weapon7A=41EFD0
Weapon7B=41F280
Weapon9=41F580
WeaponC=41F710
WeaponD=41FA10

If you don't know how to use olly then click on the discord link in my sig and I'm sure someone will be able to help you out; It's a fairly simple ASM hack but olly can be pretty scary for first timers. :toroko2:

E: also Weapon listings is the same order (I think anyway) as how <AM+ lists weapons but I'm not 100% certain on that one.

Dec 1, 2017 at 4:37 PM
I'm not an expert at assembly hacking but know a bit about it and also OllyDebug. I just need some time to understand what is happening on the code. :mahin:

Dec 2, 2017 at 5:05 PM
Giving it my all and shooting for the moon.
Modding Community Discord Admin
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
I would have sworn it was in the Haxinator but I checked myself just now and I guess not.
While I did make them, they were never added to an offical release of BL (because I never sent Nox the completed copies... Oops)
I'm not an expert at assembly hacking but know a bit about it and also OllyDebug. I just need some time to understand what is happening on the code. :mahin:
If you don't want to dive into assembly yet (and thats perfectly fine, you pretty much need a full week of practice to start working with it), I made some aforementioned haxinator files to speed up and simply the process of editing weapons.

Heres the folder of all my files, you want the "Weapons" and "Bullets" folders in particular. Grab your copy of Boosters Lab, go into the Hacks folder and delete the old Weapons folder, then place these two in. Then when you open your mod in BL and open Actions>Hacking Tool, the new weapons folder will have files for all the weapons.

You'll see a spot to enter the bullet ID for levels 1-3 respectfully, and you can find a list of Bullet ID's here by your truly.

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2017 at 5:26 PM
CSE Discord Admin
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
How to make a weapon shot another weapon's bullet? For example, the machine gun will shot polar star bullets
or bubbler that shots fireballs
Even simpler than the other's propositions, replace the graphics of the weapons with other weapons graphics.

Dec 2, 2017 at 5:58 PM
Even simpler than the other's propositions, replace the graphics of the weapons with other weapons graphics.
Yeah no that isn't gonna work.

He wants a machine gun, which autoreloads ammo and has a fire rate, to use polar star bullets. You can't edit graphics to get that.

Dec 2, 2017 at 6:10 PM
If you don't want to dive into assembly yet (and thats perfectly fine, you pretty much need a full week of practice to start working with it), I made some aforementioned haxinator files to speed up and simply the process of editing weapons.

Heres the folder of all my files, you want the "Weapons" and "Bullets" folders in particular. Grab your copy of Boosters Lab, go into the Hacks folder and delete the old Weapons folder, then place these two in. Then when you open your mod in BL and open Actions>Hacking Tool, the new weapons folder will have files for all the weapons.

You'll see a spot to enter the bullet ID for levels 1-3 respectfully, and you can find a list of Bullet ID's here by your truly.
Thanks! It's very easy to use :3

Replacing the graphics doesn't change it's behaviour. I want something cool like a gun that shots fireball repeatly and auto-reload it (machine gun+fireball) without needing advanced hacks. So, just replacing the the bullet to another gun seems more easier.

E:
He wants a machine gun, which autoreloads ammo and has a fire rate, to use polar star bullets. You can't edit graphics to get that.
Yes. Like that.

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2017 at 8:41 PM
ZYZZ Spur is the best gun because its super cool
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Yeah no that isn't gonna work.

im probably missing something but can't they just put the polar star bullet over the machine gun bullet?

i have a question my map system won't open when i press w in my game (not the real good cave story game) how does one fix this

if its really complicated just say "2 complicated" and i'll understand

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 2, 2017 at 9:40 PM
lol
Modding Community Discord Moderator
i have a question my map system won't open when i press w in my game (not the real good cave story game) how does one fix this

if its really complicated just say "2 complicated" and i'll understand
You need to set the "equip" command; so say if you get the map system: <IT+0002 (the map system), then do <EQ+0002 which allows you to access the map system by pressing w. This also applies to the booster 0.8, booster 2.0, whimsical star, air tank, mimiga mask, nikumaru counter (290 counter), arms barrier and turbo charge. The booster 0.8, booster 2.0 and whimsical star technically ignore the <eq+ command because the <eq+ command is in their item descriptions so don't worry about those 3 items but for the rest you need to put the <eq+ command in. Here's the list of bites you need to add for certain items.
0001 Booster v0.8 (ignored if v2.0 on)
0002 Map System
0004 Arms Barrier
0008 Turbocharge
0016 Curly's Air Tank
0032 Booster v2.0
0064 Mimiga Mask
0128 Whimsical Star
0256 Nikumaru Counter

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2017 at 1:06 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Is there a way to change the start of the game such that you just start in a room without anything too special? For whatever reason, if I create a new map, and set the game to start there, nothing seems to load. As far as I can tell, it's loading the map and everything, since sounds play when I move and the health bar shows up, but the health bar is the only thing that shows up. Everything else is blank. Using BL, if it helps.

Dec 3, 2017 at 1:11 AM
Is there a way to change the start of the game such that you just start in a room without anything too special? For whatever reason, if I create a new map, and set the game to start there, nothing seems to load. As far as I can tell, it's loading the map and everything, since sounds play when I move and the health bar shows up, but the health bar is the only thing that shows up. Everything else is blank. Using BL, if it helps.
i dont know a lot about things but have you set your spawn point in the right place
also what does it look like is it just black or gray

again im not good at things but ill try to help

You need to set the "equip" command; so say if you get the map system: <IT+0002 (the map system), then do <EQ+0002 which allows you to access the map system by pressing w. This also applies to the booster 0.8, booster 2.0, whimsical star, air tank, mimiga mask, nikumaru counter (290 counter), arms barrier and turbo charge. The booster 0.8, booster 2.0 and whimsical star technically ignore the <eq+ command because the <eq+ command is in their item descriptions so don't worry about those 3 items but for the rest you need to put the <eq+ command in. Here's the list of bites you need to add for certain items.
0001 Booster v0.8 (ignored if v2.0 on)
0002 Map System
0004 Arms Barrier
0008 Turbocharge
0016 Curly's Air Tank
0032 Booster v2.0
0064 Mimiga Mask
0128 Whimsical Star
0256 Nikumaru Counter
oh thanks! i never really thought of the map system being the "equip" type

Dec 3, 2017 at 1:14 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
i dont know a lot about things but have you set your spawn point in the right place
also what does it look like is it just black or gray

again im not good at things but ill try to help
Its gray. And I'm fairly certain I have the position set correctly.

On second thought, I don't know what I was doing wrong, but starting the whole process over seems to have fixed it?

Dec 3, 2017 at 1:24 AM
On second thought, I don't know what I was doing wrong, but starting the whole process over seems to have fixed it?
yay

a lot of people here taught me how to fix weird issues so all that i know is what someone else here knows

Dec 3, 2017 at 1:29 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Wait snap it's doing it again.
EDIT: Okay, so... I think it has something to do with the scene that plays before the titlescreen? I've set text to appear on that screen, and when I tried duplicating the map and starting without events (which had been working before) it just played the event from the titlescreen. Which is particularly odd given that this is, you know, a map without events. Besides that, its still just the health and a blank screen.

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2017 at 1:46 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Guys please don't double post that close together it really isn't appropriate or necessary

Dec 3, 2017 at 4:12 AM
Wait snap it's doing it again.
EDIT: Okay, so... I think it has something to do with the scene that plays before the titlescreen? I've set text to appear on that screen, and when I tried duplicating the map and starting without events (which had been working before) it just played the event from the titlescreen. Which is particularly odd given that this is, you know, a map without events. Besides that, its still just the health and a blank screen.
You should use a <FAI when you start the game.

Dec 3, 2017 at 1:54 PM
i think the story line of my game is bad

should i go back and try to fix a lot of it
because it seems really bad and doesn't make a lot of sense since i changed it a lot later

but i'll have to change A LOT OF THINGS
(and it's bad that's not the question)

but like is it worth it do you think
i have to change somethings but i cant change too much because some of it is a good idea

but maybe i should stop making my weapons "water blaster" because that's still pretty strong compared to my missile launcher called missile launcher