Feb 11, 2017 at 12:06 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
It appears that you have "0092" as the event number to run in the room you transition to next, so you'd want to make sure you have an event #0092 in first cave that gets run. Under that, you could put a simple <END command to make it totally blank. Or, to make it naturally fade in, display the map name, and ensure the proper music is playing like in Cave Story and most mods, you'd want to put this: <MNA<CMU0008<FAI0002<END
This should be there by default unless you totally wiped out all code from the first cave's script, which it almost sounds like you did.

EDIT: 1500th post! "Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
Indeed I did. I'll give that a try, thanks for the help, man!

EDIT: IT WORKED! THANKS CHU.

Last edited:
Feb 11, 2017 at 1:46 PM
Luls
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
Code:
004370A0  |>  8B45 08       MOV EAX,DWORD PTR SS:[EBP+8]
004370A3  |.  8B48 68       MOV ECX,DWORD PTR DS:[EAX+68]
004370A6  |.  C1E1 04       SHL ECX,4
004370A9  |.  8D940D 20FFFF LEA EDX,[ECX+EBP-0E0]
004370B0  |.  8B45 08       MOV EAX,DWORD PTR SS:[EBP+8]
004370B3  |.  83C0 54       ADD EAX,54
004370B6  |.  8B0A          MOV ECX,DWORD PTR DS:[EDX]
004370B8  |.  8908          MOV DWORD PTR DS:[EAX],ECX
004370BA  |.  8B4A 04       MOV ECX,DWORD PTR DS:[EDX+4]
004370BD  |.  8948 04       MOV DWORD PTR DS:[EAX+4],ECX
004370C0  |.  8B4A 08       MOV ECX,DWORD PTR DS:[EDX+8]
004370C3  |.  8948 08       MOV DWORD PTR DS:[EAX+8],ECX
004370C6  |.  8B52 0C       MOV EDX,DWORD PTR DS:[EDX+0C]
004370C9  |.  8950 0C       MOV DWORD PTR DS:[EAX+0C],EDX
004370CC  |>  8BE5          MOV ESP,EBP
004370CE  |.  5D            POP EBP
004370CF  \.  C3            RETN

this little part.
mov ecx, [eax+68] takes the current frame.
shl ecx,4 logical shift to the left by 4 bits (multiplies by 2^4=16 iirc)
then it references to that weird table of framerects and what's below is basically setting the rects to the entity itself (does [EBP-0E0] sound familiar? it was the highest ebp value up there in the framerects setting)

there are better ways to create frames and set graphics to entities though

I... see... Alright I shall poke around there and see if I can get my stuff to work the way I want it to.

Thx :orangebell:

Feb 11, 2017 at 6:06 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Feb 15, 2017 at 11:47 PM
Soup Man
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
How do I change what the buttons in the teleport menu do? For example, say, when you hover over Egg Corridor, and press Z, it does the whole teleport animation jazz and brings ya there. How would I make it do something else? (Say, play a certain ORG, or teleport you somewhere else) Where is the script that I need to change?

Feb 16, 2017 at 3:26 PM
Based Member
How do I change what the buttons in the teleport menu do? For example, say, when you hover over Egg Corridor, and press Z, it does the whole teleport animation jazz and brings ya there. How would I make it do something else? (Say, play a certain ORG, or teleport you somewhere else) Where is the script that I need to change?
To add a teleporter slot, use the <PS+ command. It's used like this: <PS+XXXX:YYYY where X is the portal slot number being added and Y is the event in the script that gets called when you select that portal slot. So for example, in Arthur's house, when you get access to the Egg Corridor, this happens:
Code:
<FL+0153<PS+0001:6001
Flag 0153 is set so that you can check later on in any other script whether or not that portal slot is enabled. And the <PS+ command opens up portal slot 1 and assigns it to event #6001 in the script. If you scroll down to event #6001, you'll see the script that says "Do you want to go to the Egg Corridor?" You can replace that with whatever you want.

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2017 at 10:52 PM
Soup Man
To add a teleporter slot, use the <PS+ command. It's used like this: <PS+XXXX:YYYY where X is the portal slot number being added and Y is the event in the script that gets called when you select that portal slot. So for example, in Arthur's house, when you get access to the Egg Corridor, this happens:
Code:
<FL+0153<PS+0001:6001
Flag 0153 is set so that you can check later on in any other script whether or not that portal slot is enabled. And the <PS+ command opens up portal slot 1 and assigns it to event #6001 in the script. If you scroll down to event #6001, you'll see the script that says "Do you want to go to the Egg Corridor?" You can replace that with whatever you want.
Thanks! Now I'm far less confused on teleporters. Now I can make a music selection screen. Neat.

Feb 27, 2017 at 8:59 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Balfrog not spawning in modded cave story + (using AGTP story via plus porter)
I've seen at least 1 suggestion of moving data to unmodded game, beat him and then switch back but not sure how to do so

Feb 27, 2017 at 9:22 PM
Based Member
Balfrog not spawning in modded cave story + (using AGTP story via plus porter)
I've seen at least 1 suggestion of moving data to unmodded game, beat him and then switch back but not sure how to do so
Ah, darn, I just realized that I made that port back before I fixed that glitch with Plus Porter. As a temporary fix, you can delete the stage.tbl file from the folder data\AGTPStory\mod, but that will cause the map names to appear as they do in the NICALiS translation. I ought to upload a version of the port with this glitch fixed. Feel free to give me a prod on my profile or in the Plus Porter thread if I don't get around to uploading a new version of the port within the next couple of weeks.

Feb 27, 2017 at 9:36 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
could I cut the file and put it back post balfrog?

Feb 28, 2017 at 12:16 AM
Based Member
Theoretically you could, but then you'd probably run into the same problem with Omega, and all the other major boss battles. The issue is that earlier versions of Plus Porter didn't account for one of the properties in stage.tbl that indicated for the map that there was a boss fight, causing this "ID" to default to 0 in all the rooms. So none of the major boss battles will work if you are using the stage.tbl file in the mod. This is a glitch that my testers helped me discover when I was porting my fourth ending mod, but it slipped through earlier ports due to most of them either not using boss battles or not being tested fully.

Mar 1, 2017 at 5:44 AM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
Randolf actually told me how to do this for my mod, so I'll share the process. You're going to need to know how to use OllyDbg at least a little bit.

NOP the entire section from 419EAB to 419EED... And everything from 419f53 to the MOV ESP,EBP.
That fully removes the XP bar...
Every time I try this my game seems to crash as soon as the status bar's shown. I'm editing a clean copy so it shouldn't be any previous mods interfering. What I've been doing is highlighting the sections, right clicking, Binary>Fill with NOPs.
EDIT: Ollydebug also tells me "some debugging features may be disabled" since it doesn't consider me as an admin for some reason. Dunno if that helps.

Last edited:
Mar 7, 2017 at 8:25 PM
Life keeps going, but my temper doesn't.
"..."
How do I fix backgrounds not being applied to maps? I'm using fullscreen bgs for cutscenes (320x240). My first city one works but my next two dont when i switch maps. Using CE.

S̶e̶c̶o̶n̶d̶l̶y̶ ̶-̶ ̶w̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶c̶o̶n̶t̶r̶o̶l̶s̶ ̶a̶r̶e̶ ̶a̶v̶a̶i̶l̶a̶b̶l̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶a̶n̶i̶m̶a̶t̶e̶ ̶a̶ ̶1̶5̶0̶ ̶q̶u̶o̶t̶e̶?̶ thanks miccs

Last edited:
Mar 7, 2017 at 9:01 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
How do I fix backgrounds not being applied to maps? I'm using fullscreen bgs for cutscenes (320x240). My first city one works but my next two dont when i switch maps. Using CE.

S̶e̶c̶o̶n̶d̶l̶y̶ ̶-̶ ̶w̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶c̶o̶n̶t̶r̶o̶l̶s̶ ̶a̶r̶e̶ ̶a̶v̶a̶i̶l̶a̶b̶l̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶a̶n̶i̶m̶a̶t̶e̶ ̶a̶ ̶1̶5̶0̶ ̶q̶u̶o̶t̶e̶?̶ thanks miccs
don't use CE
no literally, that's it, it's broken

Mar 7, 2017 at 10:42 PM
Soup Man
don't use CE
no literally, that's it, it's broken
CE is actually a lot easier for some people to use. Also, just because it doesn't get updated constantly doesn't mean it's broken. For example, Mario Kart Wii. The online features are gone, and Nintendo doesn't even glance at it, but it can still be a fun game to play with friends or by yourself. An ACTUAL broken editor is Sue's Workshop. Modding with CE isn't nearly as bad as anyone would think it to be. Yes, there is the OCCASIONAL crash, but you should save a lot anyways. I've only experienced 3 crashes in the 3 years I've used it. The only thing I DON'T use CE for is adding maps, for which I am forced to use BL, because CE can't do that (Well it can, but it's extremely hard to do). But I just use edit the maps already there anyways, so it's not a problem. Honestly if someone were to update CE and fix the few major bugs it has, then I'm sure most modders would use it. I myself just prefer using CE for the windows, as I find it much easier to manage.

Last edited:
Mar 7, 2017 at 11:11 PM
War criminal
CE is actually a lot easier for some people to use. Also, just because it doesn't get updated constantly doesn't mean it's broken. For example, Mario Kart Wii. The online features are gone, and Nintendo doesn't even glance at it, but it can still be a fun game to play with friends or by yourself. An ACTUAL broken editor is Sue's Workshop. Modding with CE isn't nearly as bad as anyone would think it to be. Yes, there is the OCCASIONAL crash, but you should save a lot anyways. I've only experienced 3 crashes in the 3 years I've used it. The only thing I DON'T use CE for is adding maps, for which I am forced to use BL, because CE can't do that (Well it can, but it's extremely hard to do). But I just use edit the maps already there anyways, so it's not a problem. Honestly if someone were to update CE and fix the few major bugs it has, then I'm sure most modders would use it. I myself just prefer using CE for the windows, as I find it much easier to manage.
Same reasons why some people would still use word-filled, detail-less Windows XP GUI over user-friendly Windows 10 GUI. Though updates to CE would be nice, if Wistil made it open-source for others to mess around with.

Mar 7, 2017 at 11:12 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
doesn't mean it's broken.

DON'T use CE for is adding maps

few major bugs

i'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish by whiteknighting cave editor but it isn't going to solve this user's problems

Same reasons why some people would still use word-filled, detail-less Windows XP GUI over user-friendly Windows 10 GUI. Though updates to CE would be nice, if Wistil made it open-source for others to mess around with.
pretty sure it's been open source since forever

Mar 7, 2017 at 11:17 PM
Soup Man
i'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish by whiteknighting cave editor but it isn't going to solve this user's problems

pretty sure it's been open source since forever
I'm not trying to make it seem like the Cave Editor is the best thing in the world, I'm just saying that it's not as bad as everyone thinks it is.

Mar 8, 2017 at 1:39 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
Hey noxid
sorry but
maybe the reason why im still using CE is because BL doesn't work with linux and breaks my game when i try to do anything with it
well perhaps now you can find the motivation to submit a pull request on github that fixes those issues