May 3, 2015 at 3:25 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Hi guys! I'm a little rusty at this thing after so long, and I need some help.
How would you run a script to delete multiple npcs after an enemy is killed. I tried and it did nothing. The Chest laying on top of the solid object isn't appearing either. Any ways to fix this?

May 3, 2015 at 4:01 AM
Its dark in here
"Deaths: 4000"
Hi guys! I'm a little rusty at this thing after so long, and I need some help.
How would you run a script to delete multiple npcs after an enemy is killed. I tried and it did nothing. The Chest laying on top of the solid object isn't appearing either. Any ways to fix this?
1. set flags on entity saying to run script on death
2. write script saying
Code:
#xxxx(event NPC is set to)
<DNAxxxx(desired [u]type[/u] of NPC to axe off)
<SHIT(other TSC you may want to put in)
<END
3. make sure the events in the script are in numerical order

May 3, 2015 at 4:54 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
:) I'll test it to see how it goes in a moment. Thanks!
:( They didn't delete... Perhaps it's something with the event numbers...
Fudge. not that either. I'm using fans but I don't want to delete all of the fans but just two of the four so I can't use the <DNA script...

May 3, 2015 at 8:26 AM
Its dark in here
:) I'll test it to see how it goes in a moment. Thanks!
:( They didn't delete... Perhaps it's something with the event numbers...
Fudge. not that either. I'm using fans but I don't want to delete all of the fans but just two of the four so I can't use the <DNA script...
remember the number <DNP is tied to the event number set to the NPC you want to delete ant not the entity id

May 3, 2015 at 10:02 AM
Not to worry, I remade that part, and now it works like a charm! Thanks for helping me out.
Wait a sec, is there any way I could use a second palette for npcs?

May 3, 2015 at 10:16 AM
Hoxtilicious
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
WheatleyMF said:
So, can i somehow without programs edit .TSC files?
Hmmmmm.
Actually, I just pulled something out of my old SW code:
http://files.tile44.org/prg/TSCEdit.zip

Not sure if it works, plus it's rather quick and dirty but do whatever you want with it. Cyrillic characters are not working when I use it but that could be a font issue after all, would be nice if you could test it.

May 3, 2015 at 3:49 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
С. П. Гардэбитэр said:
Hmmmmm.
Actually, I just pulled something out of my old SW code:
http://files.tile44.org/prg/TSCEdit.zip

Not sure if it works, plus it's rather quick and dirty but do whatever you want with it. Cyrillic characters are not working when I use it but that could be a font issue after all, would be nice if you could test it.
Everywhere cyrillic characters works fine. Thank you.

In your programm:
gb.png

In game:
gb1.png

All OK, it's good.

In Cave Editor: (after save it's again appears in ???)
ce.png

In game:
ce1.png

May 3, 2015 at 5:00 PM
Its dark in here
Gavintendo64 said:
Not to worry, I remade that part, and now it works like a charm! Thanks for helping me out.
Wait a sec, is there any way I could use a second palette for npcs?
without the magic of asm, the majority of NPCs are either set to spriteset 1 or 2 of each map. Meaning you can have different pallets for different maps by just making new spritesets and set them to different maps.

May 3, 2015 at 7:22 PM
Hoxtilicious
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
@WheatleyMF: Thanks for the testing, I hope that helps you somehow.

May 3, 2015 at 10:57 PM
LSD
"..."
Is there any way of changing what pressing the W key currently does (opening the map) to running a set script somewhere?
Changing event 6002 or 7002 in the Armsitem script seems to change anything when pressing W while the 0002 bytes are equipped so I was simply wondering if there was another solution. Thanks

May 4, 2015 at 1:07 PM
No i mean, theres an option to choose a second npc tileset in the map properies menu, but when i use an npc from the second set, its corrupted sprite from the first. And now the flags arent working! I set up a flag to remove a fan after a mini boss, and it just casually sits there. Same goes for any other object. Do I have to delete the npc with DNP or could I keep it gone with flags? And another thing, i remove an object with a flag, and it goes away AFTER i exit that room. I didnt have much time to type this, so try to make some sense of this jumble of bug fix requests. Thanx

May 4, 2015 at 2:39 PM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
Gavintendo64 said:
No i mean, theres an option to choose a second npc tileset in the map properies menu, but when i use an npc from the second set, its corrupted sprite from the first.
Edit the NPC table (NPC.tbl) so that the NPCs you want to use load from the second NPC set. You have to do this for each individual entity you want to load from the second set.

May 6, 2015 at 8:05 PM
beep boop
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Hey, how would I be able to make the code for regular death instead jump to the drowning death code? I tried changing the start of the code into a jmp, but it resulted in a crash. Is there any way to either make the death script jump to the drowning drowning script, or do I have to find the call to the death script and change that.
Better yet, how do you make death not kill you?

May 6, 2015 at 11:31 PM
Giving it my all and shooting for the moon.
Modding Community Discord Admin
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Hey, how would I be able to make the code for regular death instead jump to the drowning death code? I tried changing the start of the code into a jmp, but it resulted in a crash. Is there any way to either make the death script jump to the drowning drowning script, or do I have to find the call to the death script and change that.
Better yet, how do you make death not kill you?
Why are you trying to do this with assembly, when you have a reasonable <EVE to use in head.tsc?

May 7, 2015 at 1:35 AM
Does anyone know how to make the red ogre boss explode rather than petrify when defeated? Also what's the sound number for a click like you opened a chest?

May 7, 2015 at 2:35 AM
Its dark in here
Does anyone know how to make the red ogre boss explode rather than petrify when defeated? Also what's the sound number for a click like you opened a chest?
a. <DNA0276
b. uncheck "run script upon death"

May 7, 2015 at 12:41 PM
Wouldn't <DNA0276 just delete the boss, rather than have it explode? =o

May 7, 2015 at 2:36 PM
Its dark in here
Wouldn't <DNA0276 just delete the boss, rather than have it explode? =o
no actually,<DNAxxxx is used at the end of some boss fights, if you look carefully at the monster x boss fight, the fish bullets explode rather than dissapear
Tried it... He just casually disapeared... Isnt there an an animation for that though?
make sure on the npctbl that the red demon's death animation is set to something that is not nothing and that it makes a sound