Apr 22, 2015 at 1:24 AM
The TideWalker
Modding Community Discord Founder
"That dog!"
Bionicobot said:
I meant make the dog NPC's actual placement relative to the player be directly on top of the player, thus allowing me to make it turn into NPC 150, for animating purposes. Moving the graphic will not help me much, since the NPC will still be right beside him.

Also, how would I replace the regular death code with the drowning code? Is there any way I could just make a jump to it and have it still work?

Umm, make the graphic display a black square of 16x16 pixles area by default?
And the npc code I wrote makes the npc /always/ exactly where the player is.

Oh crud now that I think about it, you would basically have to throw this function into npc 150's code and make the "always where quote is" part an on/off switch. Or really make a ANP state where it instantly tele's to where the player is. (also you'll have to add to the Xpos and Ypos of the npc or else it will spawn at the top left corner of where the player is.)

Not to hard if you understand basic assembly, though you might be better off re-writing the code entirely in case you wanted to do more with the NPC or don't want to hassle with the NPC's state table. Good luck.

Apr 22, 2015 at 12:21 PM
beep boop
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
I just need it for changing into NPC 150, so hopefully I can manage it.

Apr 22, 2015 at 6:59 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
In Cave Editor i can't edit at tilesets Tile ID. Why?
But i have one more problem. (Again Cave Editor, yup) When i'm opening my custom tileset, it shows that everything has tile ID 00. But in game at map where i'm using this custom tileset all tiles has random position. (???)
Can i fix it and why this happening?

Apr 22, 2015 at 7:04 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
WheatleyMF said:
In Cave Editor i can't edit at tilesets Tile ID. Why?
In the Tile Editor of Cave Editor, right-clicking on a tile lets you change the tile ID.

Apr 22, 2015 at 7:25 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Kim Tyranto said:
In the Tile Editor of Cave Editor, right-clicking on a tile lets you change the tile ID.
I know. But after clicking at any tile ID (as example - 40) - nothing. Tile ID stays still 00.

Apr 22, 2015 at 7:40 PM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Is your tileset 256 pixels long horizontally?

Apr 22, 2015 at 8:04 PM
Professional Whatever
Do you have a .pxa for the tileset

Apr 23, 2015 at 5:27 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
TLincoln said:
Is your tileset 256 pixels long horizontally?
Resized. Now everything is working. Thank you!

Users, i have another problem with Cave Editor. :/ Sorry for that.
so, script editor in Cave Editor sometimes can't normally save cyrillic text. If i will save it, and then open again, i got this:
??????, ????

Is this possible to fix in Cave Editor, or i need use only different script editor?

Apr 30, 2015 at 6:21 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Does anyone know what the highest amount of HP is that an entity can have without crashing the game?

WheatleyMF said:
Users, i have another problem with Cave Editor. :/ Sorry for that.
so, script editor in Cave Editor sometimes can't normally save cyrillic text. If i will save it, and then open again, i got this:
??????, ????

Is this possible to fix in Cave Editor, or i need use only different script editor?
I... don't think Cave Story supports most special characters like Greek or Cyrillic text in the text boxes.
If it actually does, then it's probably the script editors that causes the issues; both Cave Editor and Booster's Lab script editors changes Greek/Cyrillic characters to question marks, so far I know.

Certain Unicode characters (like ½ or é or even …) causes minor text issues if it's the last character in a line, from what I've experienced - it's actually possible to have the script command after such a character to appear in the text boxes this way. =o

May 1, 2015 at 12:03 AM
Giving it my all and shooting for the moon.
Modding Community Discord Admin
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Kim Tyranto said:
Does anyone know what the highest amount of HP is that an entity can have without crashing the game?
Why would ever want something so tediously long to kill to ever exist.

May 1, 2015 at 3:35 AM
beep boop
To troll people, or to make the ultimate challenge. Ballos with all the HP the game can handle.

May 1, 2015 at 4:50 AM
Its dark in here
"Deaths: 4000"
well, one reason would be if there was multiple ways to beat a boss and brute force would be the hardest way.

May 1, 2015 at 11:57 AM
Professional Whatever
That sounds terrible

May 1, 2015 at 1:32 PM
beep boop
That sounds like a decent concept that would be quite hard to pull off.

May 1, 2015 at 4:24 PM
My reason would be because of a dual boss - since one of the boss fights for Lunar Shadow would be against two bosses simultaneously, and since there's two Igor entities, one could just have ridiculously high HP and the other one far, far less HP (less than 700).

I don't want to bother making the boss invincible, since that would just seem like they want to lose the battle or something if they are no longer invincible after one of the bosses are defeated.

May 2, 2015 at 2:36 AM
Its dark in here
"Deaths: 4000"
anyway, its my experience that an entity's HP can go up to 9999 (possibly more) but if the entity is counting damage, if the counter exceeds a certain point(somewhere in the thousands or maybe anywhere above 999) once the counter disapears the game will crash

May 2, 2015 at 5:04 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Kim Tyranto said:
I... don't think Cave Story supports most special characters like Greek or Cyrillic text in the text boxes.
If it actually does, then it's probably the script editors that causes the issues; both Cave Editor and Booster's Lab script editors changes Greek/Cyrillic characters to question marks, so far I know.

Certain Unicode characters (like ½ or é or even …) causes minor text issues if it's the last character in a line, from what I've experienced - it's actually possible to have the script command after such a character to appear in the text boxes this way. =o
No, Cave Story easily reads cyrillic without any bugs or crashes.

cyrillic_inaction.png (russian text. cyrillic in action.)

This problem already at Cave Editor's script editor. And looks it's impossible to fix, but i hope it's not true.

So, can i somehow without programs edit .TSC files?

May 2, 2015 at 5:04 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
use Booster's Lab