Jun 16, 2009 at 11:30 AM
Justin-chan
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
No problem. I wouldn't even have thought of looking under the Other Works by Pixel section. XD

Jun 21, 2009 at 10:11 AM
Luls
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
I has question.

I made a tile in my tileset a water current tile. However, when I place it on the map and run the game, it appears as an exposed animated water current sprite, WITHOUT the drawn tile in the maptile sheet. I know that the actual tile is replaced with the water current sprites from Caret.bmp, but I want the water current to be hidden behind the tile in the maptile sheet.

Any way to make this possible? >:
(Removing the sprites for the water current only replaces the actual tile with a blank sprite.)
(Drawing the tile over the water current sprites won't work, as water current sprites are animated such that they scroll. I wouldn't want a spazzing block for a pipe now do I? :D )

Jun 21, 2009 at 12:06 PM
Justin-chan
Drawing the tile over the water current sprites won't work, as water current sprites are animated such that they scroll. I wouldn't want a spazzing block for a pipe now do I?
This is you we are talking about so I'm not really sure if you want it or not.

Jun 21, 2009 at 1:23 PM
Luls
jcys810 said:
This is you we are talking about so I'm not really sure if you want it or not.

Not funneh.

Jun 22, 2009 at 2:10 PM
graters gonna grate
I had a similar problem in TWoR, and the way I got around it was by picking a random sprite in NpcRegu.pbm and replacing its graphic with a picture of water and then putting that sprite on all of the water current tiles.

Jun 23, 2009 at 12:14 PM
Luls
wedge of cheese said:
I had a similar problem in TWoR, and the way I got around it was by picking a random sprite in NpcRegu.pbm and replacing its graphic with a picture of water and then putting that sprite on all of the water current tiles.

Err...? I dun get it. >.>

I wanna replace the water current tile with pipes of different directions. I can't have the main character's sprite crawling through the pipe while having it appear infront of the supposed pipe :/

Jun 23, 2009 at 2:28 PM
graters gonna grate
Ohhh, you want pipes? I thought you meant you just wanted regular water with a current in it. Ok, yeah that could be trickier. So let me first make sure I understand what you're asking. You want pipes with water current in them that cover up the main char and the "water current" sprite, but you don't want to just delete the water current sprite because it's used elsewhere in the mod?

Jun 23, 2009 at 2:34 PM
Justin-chan
but you don't want to just delete the water current sprite because it's used elsewhere in the mod?
He doesn't mind deleting it, but if he replaces the sprite with a block, the block will move as well.

Jun 23, 2009 at 2:36 PM
Luls
wedge of cheese said:
Ohhh, you want pipes? I thought you meant you just wanted regular water with a current in it. Ok, yeah that could be trickier. So let me first make sure I understand what you're asking. You want pipes with water current in them that cover up the main char and the "water current" sprite, but you don't want to just delete the water current sprite because it's used elsewhere in the mod?

Yeah I don't mind, but it would be better if I didn't have to delete it. If I have no choice, however, I still don't mind listening to your solution :3

Jun 23, 2009 at 5:57 PM
Cold Agony of Resolute Vacuum
Metalogz said:
Yeah I don't mind, but it would be better if I didn't have to delete it. If I have no choice, however, I still don't mind listening to your solution :3

My question would be: Why not edit the Pot sprite to use as a pipe?

Jun 23, 2009 at 7:20 PM
Luls
DragonBoots said:
My question would be: Why not edit the Pot sprite to use as a pipe?

Well I was thinking of using some random sprite to replace the pipe maptile. The problem is, sprites appear BEHIND the main character (including the pot sprite). I'm trying to look for a way to make it appear OVER the character. If the main char were to climb THROUGh the pipes, then it would have to look like it were INSIDE the pipe, rite? And to make it look like it were INSIDE teh pipe, it would have be BEHIND teh pipe sprite/maptile. >:

I think theres such a flag that makes a sprite appear on the layer infront of the character. The thing is, I don't know it. I'm trying to look for one, though.

><;;

Jun 24, 2009 at 12:59 PM
graters gonna grate
Hmm... this is tricky...

Is there a way you can hax the game so that water current tiles just show up as whatever tile they are on the tileset instead of the water current sprite? As I recall, you did something of that nature in Magic~ with the destroyable brick tile. Maybe the same can be done with a water current tile?

Jun 24, 2009 at 5:07 PM
Luls
wedge of cheese said:
Hmm... this is tricky...

Is there a way you can hax the game so that water current tiles just show up as whatever tile they are on the tileset instead of the water current sprite? As I recall, you did something of that nature in Magic~ with the destroyable brick tile. Maybe the same can be done with a water current tile?

Nah lol. The destroyable tile sprite in NpcSym.bmp appears above the actual tile in the maptile sheet, such that I could simply remove the sprite for the destroyable tile in NpcSym.bmp and have it show the actual tile below the blank destroyable tile sprite. The water current sprite in Caret.bmp, however, completely replaces the actual tile. >:

Jun 28, 2009 at 5:19 PM
Luls
ANOTHER QUESTION!

Is there a <CNP direction that make the <CNP'ed NPC automatically face the player?

I only know that theres such a direction for <MYD, but not <CNP >:

Halp, plz?

Edit - ANSWER: DIRECTION 0004 WHOOT!

Jul 1, 2009 at 6:03 PM
Level 73 Procrastinator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Besides setting the direction to 0150, I'm not sure if you can... {I think this might be located somewhere, though...}

So, now I've got this quirky problem in my mod...
Event jumps and entities set to appear when this certain flag {0410} is set, aren't working...
Now, the weird part is that some of the entities set to appear when the same flag is set, appear...!
I'm not sure what the problem could be, besides something getting bumped when I went around trying to fix the npc.tbl problems...
The main problem is these Vert/Horz entities, which aren't appearing when they should. Nothing should be wrong with them, since they were working in the last release and I've yet to touch them or the flag.....

Psh, nevermind, figured it out.

EDIT:
I tried the <CNP with a direction of 0150, and it doesn't seem to work...
But if someone figures out how to make a NPC face you with <CNP, I'd love to know too :confused:;

Jul 2, 2009 at 9:27 AM
Justin-chan
Metalogz says use 0004 I think.

Or whichever one is it that is used to represent Centre.

Jul 3, 2009 at 3:30 PM
Luls
VoidMage_Lowell said:
Besides setting the direction to 0150, I'm not sure if you can... {I think this might be located somewhere, though...}

So, now I've got this quirky problem in my mod...
Event jumps and entities set to appear when this certain flag {0410} is set, aren't working...
Now, the weird part is that some of the entities set to appear when the same flag is set, appear...!
I'm not sure what the problem could be, besides something getting bumped when I went around trying to fix the npc.tbl problems...
The main problem is these Vert/Horz entities, which aren't appearing when they should. Nothing should be wrong with them, since they were working in the last release and I've yet to touch them or the flag.....

Psh, nevermind, figured it out.

EDIT:
I tried the <CNP with a direction of 0150, and it doesn't seem to work...
But if someone figures out how to make a NPC face you with <CNP, I'd love to know too :rolleyes:;

Lol thanks for trying xD Found out that it was the 0004 direction (centre). :3

Oh and btw, directions about 0005 is the same as direction 0002 (left) if I'm not wrong.

Jul 5, 2009 at 2:38 AM
Hax on....Hax off....
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Ralren said:
Yeah, those are the most ORGS ive found.
When I swap the Custom ORG with the title screen,
the mod freezes at the loading screen. Let me try again.

EDIT: Yep. Loading screen just freezes, what the hell.

EDIT #2: YES. I FOUND THE SOLUTION.
If your mod is made with Sue's Workshop, you need to be
perfectly fine for your release or your demo, then you can
switch the orgs. Turn on Reshacker, and switch the orgs,
replacing the resources.

Now you .Exe will be "Corrupted", however, you can salvage it by
using Cave Editor. Put the .EXE into Cave Editor, and go to file, then
save and test. The Cave Editor will stop responding, and will exit.
Now play your EXE. Custom ORGS, and works perfectly!

Thanks for your help Void. :D

PISSED OFF EDIT:
God damnit, I forgot about the backgrounds. They dont move or anything.
I tried using your theory, but I already know for a fact that you cant
swap EXES editor through editor, or else the file becomes really screwed.
At least I made some progress.

Sorry for those people who think that this is solved but I just tried all this and opened my edited exe. I get an error message that says:

MICROSOFT VISUAL C++ RUN TIME LIBRARY

Buffer overrun detected!

Program:Illustrated!\Copy of Copy of Doukutsu

A buffer overrun has been detected which has corrupted the program's internal state. The program cannot safely continue execution and must now be terminated.

[OK]

Has anyone come across this before?

Jul 5, 2009 at 3:33 AM
Source Splicer, 2nd Class
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
I have, twice. The 1st time was after I edited the credits part in Kashungo! for the ReD-D3v1L incident video. The 2nd time it happened was when I look at some of the signs in Mimiga Village on the mod called Cave Story; Strange Prophecy. The error message seems major (It shocked me the 1st time around, as well), but it doesn't harm your computer's memory (As far as I know).

If it's like my situation, Try editing the event script in the part where the error popped up at. Not sure about what to do in a case similar to CS:SP, but I'll look onto it & see if it's different somehow.

EDIT: The Strange Prophecy overflow seemed to occur because of a missing event # for the map's script. The game itself does try to scroll down through the dialog, but sometimes it still fails & causes the overflow. I'm guessing if the hundreds digit is different than the one the event was originally tied to, it'll trigger the buffer overflow.

By the way, my other situation was because of a certain symbol (Either the l after l0300 or the ~) being used incorrectly somehow. I'm not sure why, since, for the most part, it was using the base credits as a backbone of how it was put together.

Jul 5, 2009 at 3:42 AM
Been here way too long...
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
it's not too bad, all it means is that the commands/stuff it was trying to do took up more space then was allotted for it. The reason it shuts down is cause if it ran into other space, it could seriously mess stuff up. all you need to do to fix it is enlarge the buffer (I've done this with both maps and script, but there are probably other ones as well)