Jan 14, 2011 at 10:06 AM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
Hi
It's BackyardcabinXY again,

I had a quick question regarding the labrynth animation for curly where she runs and shoots enemies on her own. The AI curly. I wanted to know if it is possible to change to color of the machine gun she is holding. I have already done this for the curly boss fight, but it does not seem to work on the Curly AI character in the labrynth. I have tried changing the NPC sheets (NPCRegu and NPCCurly, both which I have already edited, setting these on the labynth map does not change the color of the weapon she is holding. Does this require an assembly hack? If it does, I do not with to persue fixing the issue unless it is very very simple. If you can, can you explain the <ANP:xxxx:xxxxx:xxxxx code I would use to do this?

BTW, my mod is coming along great. I don't like to release demos though. But I might. It depends on whether the I think comments can vastly inprove it based on peoples conscritive critism.

Thanks again,

Jan 14, 2011 at 11:22 AM
Been here way too long...
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
I believe she uses the same bullets as you do, so separating them would need assembly

Jan 14, 2011 at 12:23 PM
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Yes, assembly, but mot hard assembly.
Basically the graphics draw function points to a file, and a position within that file. Currently, she uses the same file as quote, but you can copy the mach gun pics into NPCSym and use that as the picture id. Then, just add a bit to the y values.

Jan 14, 2011 at 12:54 PM
Professional Whatever
Shadow Major said:
Edit: How do you change the illustrations for the credits?

I believe you need resource hacker for that. Just replace the illustration with yours. If you don't wanna screw around with a hex editor, give it the same name as the one you replaced.

Jan 14, 2011 at 3:32 PM
I don't anymore.
"I'm sorry Mario, but your princess is in another castle."
I'm quite sure that those sprites for Curly's weapons are located in NPCsym. towards the bottom you should find some bits and pieces of weapons that Curly uses.

Jan 14, 2011 at 5:56 PM
Hey.
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
I just realized, those coordinates don't actually appear to be coordinates, at least not for Monster X. X doesn't move at all from the original spot. The fish seem to be in random places, though, so maybe that's what it was.

Jan 15, 2011 at 12:13 AM
Thanks that worked perfect!

Jan 15, 2011 at 12:56 AM
Some final questions. What is the CNP or ANP:xxxx:xxxx:xxxx value to change Curly on Quotes back from the non-shooting on in Sacred Ground lvl B2 (hurt on back) to the one in Sacred Ground lvl 3 (back to back, curly shoots nemesis).

Additionally, can the weapon when she is on your back (Nemesis) be changed to another weapon, like the spur or polar star or machine gun? Does any weapon work, or only a few do?

Finally, relating back to the curly AI in the labyrinth. Can the weapon that she uses be changed to the nemesis (like in hell, but not on your back) or does this require an assembly hack. I think it just requires a CNP:xxxx change but I can't find out what it is. I'm trying to look at the code from sacred ground, but I'm having little luck figuring it out...

Thanks yet again,

CabinXY

Jan 15, 2011 at 1:10 AM
I don't anymore.
"I'm sorry Mario, but your princess is in another castle."
Backyardcabinxy said:
Additionally, can the weapon when she is on your back (Nemesis) be changed to another weapon, like the spur or polar star or machine gun? Does any weapon work, or only a few do?

Finally, relating back to the curly AI in the labyrinth. Can the weapon that she uses be changed to the nemesis (like in hell, but not on your back) or does this require an assembly hack. I think it just requires a CNP:xxxx change but I can't find out what it is. I'm trying to look at the code from sacred ground, but I'm having little luck figuring it out...

It would require assenbly, but not too much as far as I can tell. For Curly im hell, you could just change the bullet type sawned, same for Labyranth Curly, but I think that you would need to decrease the firing rate.

Jan 15, 2011 at 4:45 AM
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Backyardcabinxy said:
Some final questions. What is the CNP or ANP:xxxx:xxxx:xxxx value to change Curly on Quotes back from the non-shooting on in Sacred Ground lvl B2 (hurt on back) to the one in Sacred Ground lvl 3 (back to back, curly shoots nemesis).

Thanks yet again,

CabinXY

I was messing around with this at one time. It seems that she appears on your back if you <FL+ a certain flag (there is a different one that makes her shoot). There is also a entity that if it is visible on the map, she appears on your back

Jan 15, 2011 at 8:27 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Why don't enemies become invincible when you set the "0x0004 Flag" on them?

Jan 15, 2011 at 9:39 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Why is that whenever I use cave editor it gives me an error when saving edited tilesets or most levels? The only levels I've been able to edit are: Start point, First cave, and Aurthur's house.

Jan 15, 2011 at 11:21 AM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
Shadow Major said:
Why don't enemies become invincible when you set the "0x0004 Flag" on them?

They become invincible when you set the invincible flag...

MANSTA8 said:
Why is that whenever I use cave editor it gives me an error when saving edited tilesets or most levels? The only levels I've been able to edit are: Start point, First cave, and Aurthur's house.

You sure the files aren't read only?

Jan 16, 2011 at 4:03 AM
Absentee Modder
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
Is there a way to make entity 155 (flying gaudi) follow the player, instead of just floating around? Also, how can I make entity 213 (Night Spirit) show up without the player first having to move near the spot where they're placed? These seem like the kinds of things that there might be an ANP for... Otherwise I might have to modify the exe, and I have no clue about ASM.

So, does anybody know what the animations for those things are, if they exist? If not, would anyone be willing to change those things in the exe for me?

Jan 16, 2011 at 4:09 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
ANP's are only for very specific things. If it wasn't used in the game, it probably doesn't exist.
So, you would need to hax it, sorry.

Jan 16, 2011 at 4:30 AM
Absentee Modder
That's what I suspected.... I don't suppose anybody'd be willing to help with that?

Jan 16, 2011 at 4:36 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
Gaudi following the player would be somewhat difficult to do right, but hmm, night spirits.. Actually, you know what, there's probably a scriptstate to make them appear. lemme dig around a bit. This wouldn't be intentional use of the <ANP command but if it works then hey, who is to argue.

EDIT: Yeah, try animation 10 or 20

Jan 16, 2011 at 4:56 AM
Absentee Modder
Haven't tried 20, but 10 works like a charm!
Strangely enough, it also made them unshootable and nondamaging. But I fixed that (sort of) by enabling the shootable tag in the npc table. And I enabled the solid tag, so the player at least can't pass through them. Actually, I can imagine being able to do some pretty nifty stuff with that some other time. Floating platforms and such.

Thanks!
PS: In my mod they are not ghosts, they are helicopters.
Just building interest.

Jan 16, 2011 at 8:05 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
MANSTA8 said:

You gotta right-hand click on the folder that contains all the Cave Story files and such, and on the menu that pops up, click "Properties". When that box opens, make sure that the "Read-only" checkbox isn't ticked, and make sure that "Application" is.

hammil said:
They become invincible when you set the invincible flag...

Because I was using them in a Boss fight, but they wouldn't go invincible.

Jan 16, 2011 at 12:58 PM
A quick question. Can you save to the Profile.dat Quote with Curly on his back, either the shooting one or where she is knocked out? I can't seem to figure out to get this to save when the game is loaded. When it loads, Curly is off his back. Can this be done with flags, or does it require assembly. If It can be done, can you post example script...
Thanks,
CabinXY