Oct 12, 2010 at 1:37 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Yes.

Oct 12, 2010 at 3:39 AM
I don't anymore.
"I'm sorry Mario, but your princess is in another castle."
When you activate a tag, does it dedactivate when you leave a room? I noticed some odd sytems of tagging in Cave Story and was wondering if that was the case. Also when playing WTF Story I saw an issue that would have been a result of such an effect.

If this is the case, does the game crash or do anything odd if you activate a flag that is already active.

Oct 12, 2010 at 3:44 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
Setting an already active flag can do no harm. The biggest quirk with the flag system that I know of is that when you use <DNP, <DNA or one other command that like deletes bosses I think, it automatically sets the flag that was the NPC ID or something. Obviously this can be problematic if you weren't aware of it.

Oct 12, 2010 at 11:10 PM
Absentee Modder
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
Hmm... Motionwalls still aren't working. I'm using Map 0051 instead of 0031. Could that be the problem...?

Oct 12, 2010 at 11:37 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
*sigh*

Code:
NPCAct193 
{

FRAMERECT FrameA {0x70,0x40,0x90,0x50};
    FRAMERECT FrameB {0x70,0x50,0x90,0x60};

xPos = (xPos-0xC00);

if (xPos < 0x26000)
    {
        xPos = (xPos + 0x2C000);
    }

if (Direction == 0)
    {
        DisplayRect = FrameA;
    } else {
        DisplayRect = FrameB;
    }
}

There, that's exactly what it does. It moves for a fixed direction in a fixed position from one of two frames in the current tileset depending on what its direction is given.

Oct 14, 2010 at 3:42 AM
Absentee Modder
Yeah, I didn't think that was the case, but still, I just wanted to make sure. And yet, it still doesn't work. :eek:
Still works on the ironhead map, so the tiles themselves must work fine. Just something about the way I'm putting them in?
On my map, no matter where I put them, they only show up on the rightmost edge of the screen. Even if I didn't put them there, as long as there are motionwalls on the map Anybody know why?

Also, more importantly: What sorts of things can make horizontal triggers not work? I don't suppose that giving more than one of them the same event # could cause any problems? I've made them successfully before, but now I'm making a map that makes extensive use of them, and they don't work. Vertical triggers still work fine.

Oct 15, 2010 at 3:00 PM
inactive user
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Dammit! I made a new tileset in BMP form and am using Sue's Workshop 0.3c with the BMP Base hack. I cleared the start point map and tried to place tiles but when I click on the map, no tiles are placed. It's just blank. I haven't modded in a while... What am I doing wrong?

Oct 15, 2010 at 3:18 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
I don't know. I don't use sue's and I dont' know if any other senior modder does. Well, there's Lace, but he's moved on sort of.

jed37 said:
Yeah, I didn't think that was the case, but still, I just wanted to make sure. And yet, it still doesn't work. :)
Still works on the ironhead map, so the tiles themselves must work fine. Just something about the way I'm putting them in?
On my map, no matter where I put them, they only show up on the rightmost edge of the screen. Even if I didn't put them there, as long as there are motionwalls on the map Anybody know why?

Also, more importantly: What sorts of things can make horizontal triggers not work? I don't suppose that giving more than one of them the same event # could cause any problems? I've made them successfully before, but now I'm making a map that makes extensive use of them, and they don't work. Vertical triggers still work fine.

Oh, I didn't notice that edit.
Well yes, that's what the code above says. They move constantly to the left and once they get so far (tile 19-ish) they jump to the right (to like tile 41 or so). The y-position never changes. The only way to change the x-pos is with assembly.

Horizontal triggers should work just the same as vertical triggers. Giving multiple ones the same event number is okay, but remember that if you <DNP, <ANP or <CNP any of them they will all be affected.

Oct 15, 2010 at 5:39 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I'll get straight to the point. I've seen it done, how do I remove the smoke following the bullet of the level 1 Nemisis?

Oct 15, 2010 at 5:40 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
Assembly.
Specifically, remove calls to 46EFD0 from function 408230 I think.

Oct 15, 2010 at 6:04 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Alright, thanks.

Oct 15, 2010 at 6:35 PM
Been here way too long...
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
sixtyseconds said:
Dammit! I made a new tileset in BMP form and am using Sue's Workshop 0.3c with the BMP Base hack. I cleared the start point map and tried to place tiles but when I click on the map, no tiles are placed. It's just blank. I haven't modded in a while... What am I doing wrong?

I've never used the bmp version, so it might be a glitch with that. Can you put up a download so we can have a go at it?

Oct 16, 2010 at 12:25 AM
I don't anymore.
"I'm sorry Mario, but your princess is in another castle."
sixtyseconds said:

You're using Sue' Workshop. Sue's Workshop doesn't like any game that has files edited by another program. Did Sue's Workshop mess up the whole game, or just not show the tileset?

Oct 16, 2010 at 1:11 AM
Absentee Modder
Noxid said:
I don't know. I don't use sue's and I dont' know if any other senior modder does. Well, there's Lace, but he's moved on sort of.

Oh, I didn't notice that edit.
Well yes, that's what the code above says. They move constantly to the left and once they get so far (tile 19-ish) they jump to the right (to like tile 41 or so). The y-position never changes. The only way to change the x-pos is with assembly.

Horizontal triggers should work just the same as vertical triggers. Giving multiple ones the same event number is okay, but remember that if you <DNP, <ANP or <CNP any of them they will all be affected.

Yes, and yet neither are working. ;)

Oct 16, 2010 at 1:34 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
Eh, maybe you're doing it wrong? Horizontal trigger is a HV trigger that has option 1 set, isn't it? or is it Option 2? I forget actually. Try both?

Oct 16, 2010 at 4:55 AM
Absentee Modder
I think it's option 2, but I'm pretty sure I've tried both. I'll keep trying.. kinda getting annoyed because there are so many complicated pieces of code to fail, and I can't tell if any of them work if my triggers aren't working. Also, I think there's something wrong with the flags. By which I mean that either the fl+ or the flj command isn't working when it should. Maybe I should replace the exe...

Oct 16, 2010 at 5:00 AM
Not anymore
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
jed37 said:
I think it's option 2, but I'm pretty sure I've tried both. I'll keep trying.. kinda getting annoyed because there are so many complicated pieces of code to fail, and I can't tell if any of them work if my triggers aren't working. Also, I think there's something wrong with the flags. By which I mean that either the fl+ or the flj command isn't working when it should. Maybe I should replace the exe...

Replacing the exe is probably a bad idea, since you'll have to rename your maps again.

Usually, it's much easier to debug stuff if you just put in the code chunk by chunk instead of testing the whole thing all at once. If that doesn't work, try posting your mod so that people can see what's wrong.

Oct 16, 2010 at 3:29 PM
inactive user
"All your forum are belong to us!"
HyMyNameIsMatt said:
You're using Sue' Workshop. Sue's Workshop doesn't like any game that has files edited by another program.
FAIL
i used sue's to make the mimiga army
HyMyNameIsMatt said:
Did Sue's Workshop mess up the whole game, or just not show the tileset?
no, it shows the tileset, i can edit the tile solidness and stuff, but i defined two tiles as Tile 44, maybe that did it? Ijust can't place tiles from that tileset on a map.

Oct 16, 2010 at 6:48 PM
Pirate Member
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Sue's workshop doesn't show you when you make a mistake in one of your scripts

Oct 16, 2010 at 7:38 PM
Been here way too long...
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Tileset dimensions? maybe a (C)Pixel issue? Actually set the tileset for the map?

These are potshots in the dark of course.