Oct 28, 2019 at 2:25 PM
"Huzzah!"
Ok, but how am I supposed to find the exact number that, used with <DNA, deletes all legs?(Try them all is not an accepted answer).(I'm asking because I'm pretty sure you can't see what number they're assigned to through Edit npc.tbl).
Also all I need to know is if there is a solution to my initial problem because if not I'll have to change plans yet again.

Oct 28, 2019 at 5:57 PM
"Huzzah!"
Oh, good to know.
So it actually IS in Edit npc.tbl, it's just deemed as unknown.
Now I'd like to ask a few questions to the creator/s of Booster's lab like why does it say that placing legs crashes the game but it doesn't tell you that babies do the same and such but anyways.
This also solves the first problem indirectly since them legs can be interactable. Very very well.
Only thing is that now the skullstep is now an actual ghost since projectiles pass right though it but I'll invent something I guess; I'm already glad I didn't have to scrap this idea as well :p.

Oct 28, 2019 at 9:03 PM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Now I'd like to ask a few questions to the creator/s of Booster's lab like why does it say that placing legs crashes the game but it doesn't tell you that babies do the same and such but anyways.
Some entities are dependent on parent objects, such as the skullstep legs, the smaller cores from the core boss fight, and other stuff. It's just how Pixel programmed them. And the babies shouldn't crash, btw, they're fine standalone in Rave Story.

Oct 29, 2019 at 5:20 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
What do the folders JTree, Colors Sports and Food do when you edit npc.tbl on Booster's Lab?

Oct 30, 2019 at 2:20 AM
War criminal
What do the folders JTree, Colors Sports and Food do when you edit npc.tbl on Booster's Lab?
I'm pretty sure Noxid had some sort of plan for them (unless they're actually leftovers from development), but they otherwise do nothing at all, and should not have an eye batted upon.

Oct 30, 2019 at 4:03 AM
The TideWalker
Modding Community Discord Founder
"That dog!"
I always thought they were there to incorporate CE's method of arbitrarily sorting NPCs into helpful categories to find what you're looking for faster. Of course, they don't work as of now as stated above.

Oct 30, 2019 at 9:26 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
I'm pretty sure Noxid had some sort of plan for them (unless they're actually leftovers from development), but they otherwise do nothing at all, and should not have an eye batted upon.
Thanks for clarifying.

Caret - Copia.jpg
I have Several Questions:
1- Where those things appear? (Are they the drops of water? If so, why the color gradient to the left?)
2- Where this appear?
3- Where is this used? (Fireball?)
4- Where this exclamation mark appears?
5- Is this one of King slash thingies?
6- Where this appear? (I'm pretty sure all Spur Trails are in Bullet.bmp...?)
7- Why Those Bullets are here? (Are they for curly's machine gun on the labyrinth?)
8- What is this? (Also the lightning bolt sprite overlaps with this thing)
9- I read somewhere that there's a way to recover this effect and use it, and it was off-place by 15 pixels or something like that. Can I put it in-game?

Oct 30, 2019 at 4:04 PM
War criminal
View attachment 5997
I have Several Questions:
1- Where those things appear? (Are they the drops of water? If so, why the color gradient to the left?)
2- Where this appear?
3- Where is this used? (Fireball?)
4- Where this exclamation mark appears?
5- Is this one of King slash thingies?
6- Where this appear? (I'm pretty sure all Spur Trails are in Bullet.bmp...?)
7- Why Those Bullets are here? (Are they for curly's machine gun on the labyrinth?)
8- What is this? (Also the lightning bolt sprite overlaps with this thing)
9- I read somewhere that there's a way to recover this effect and use it, and it was off-place by 15 pixels or something like that. Can I put it in-game?
I'm gonna try my best on this one.
1. That is never used.
2. That one is used, I think. Unless I'm being dumb.
3. That is never used. All effects for the Fireball and the Snake are under Bullet.bmp.
4. That one is never used.
5. It's probably not used. I'd like to imagine that could've been for when King strikes Balrog, but we didn't get that.
6 and 7. Those are actually used. They're trailing effects used for the Machine Gun bullets.
8. I'm not sure about that one. I'd like to say that isn't used, but I domt know.
9. That effect is already in and being used. It's supposed to be used at the beginning of the explosion effect as the actual explosion happens.

I hope I'm correct for most of these...

Oct 30, 2019 at 4:20 PM
Thanks, both of you, now I can finally finish editing the effects.

If you use the question mark effect with a different mode it'll render that.
How do I do this? Assembly only?
By the way, there's some way to force a gun to never level up, but still keep the XP functional to other guns?

Oct 31, 2019 at 9:45 AM
Ok, thank you for the help.

Nov 1, 2019 at 1:43 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
p371518-0-f64ypxv.png

My apologies if this has been asked before but how do I script a room/entites? I'm only asking because I've never done any of this before. If I can get this room scripted, then things will be easier.

Nov 1, 2019 at 4:11 PM
War criminal
p371518-0-f64ypxv.png

My apologies if this has been asked before but how do I script a room/entites? I'm only asking because I've never done any of this before. If I can get this room scripted, then things will be easier.
The script editor should be accessed through the "File" tab, seeing you're using Cave Editor. Use BL instead

Nov 1, 2019 at 4:14 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
The script editor should be accessed through the "File" tab, seeing you're using Cave Editor. Use BL instead
Actually I use Booster's Lab, should have clarified that. I know how to access the scripts/entities but not how to program them properly.

Nov 1, 2019 at 4:29 PM
Just remember, the transparency isn't white, like stated in the guide.
I've downloaded the guide, so I'll go read it. Hopefully, this will allow me to make progress (can't make a game without code after all) because I do want to finish Gun.