• Most people probably don't realise this, but this forum has had two editors for a number of years. One is the xenForo default editor, and the other is a custom editor I made years back I called BBCEd.

All the settings for which editor you use was lost during the upgrade. You can find the setting under Account Settings > Preferences > Editor.

Quick Modding/Hacking Answers Thread

Aug 11, 2019 at 10:10 AM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
Hey, it now works as it should, thank you very much.

Aug 11, 2019 at 10:13 AM
Perfectionist
CS Beta Content Discord Admin
CSE Discord Moderator
"Man, if only I had an apple..."
Hey, it now works as it should, thank you very much.
Not a problem!
Big difference, but it seems to trip a lot of people up. When I was new and unfamiliar with the difference, someone I knew told me that <KEY and <PRI were the same, but that I should always use <PRI or some nonsense. Luckily, I didn't take their word for it.

Aug 16, 2019 at 4:22 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
Hello again, this time I was wondering if there were any guides on how to make custom npcs and/or weapons.
Also would be nice to know how to simply change the description of an item.

Aug 16, 2019 at 6:48 PM
Pokemon Master
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
There is one guide that can introduce you to making entities (the concept is similar for weapon hacking too, but there are different defines being used). For a more direct and immediate approach on learning to hack them, then joining the CSMC Discord server is also ideal.

Also for changing the description of an item, click on the "Edit Other TSC File" option in Booster's Lab and open up ArmsItem.tsc, if you're using Cave Editor though, then the file should be easily accessible from the main screen.

Aug 18, 2019 at 7:22 PM
Perfectionist
CS Beta Content Discord Admin
CSE Discord Moderator
"Man, if only I had an apple..."