Jun 27, 2018 at 7:47 PM
Piyo Piyo Discord Admin
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Thank you for the advice. I have done as Zxin suggested and used the hack to translate error messages, which shows that the error is "Failure to read stage". I had earlier checked for an error log as Serri suggested, but it only appeared after I used the translation hack. The error message reads;
"I:\Test Story\Game Folder\data\stage\Prt.bmp,0
I:\Test Story\Game Folder\data\Npc\Npc.bmp,0
I:\Test Story\Game Folder\data\Npc\Npc.bmp,0"
I haven't found anything particularly useful on these specific issues. I examined the folders and found no such documents, but I do realize that the names are the prefix in the standard formatting use by Pixel when naming files of those natures. I thought that the zero might indicate that the files in question were Prt0 and Npc0, but neither had been modified.
On your question Walrus_guy, both the tiles and NPCs were duplicated.
The problem maybe is happening because the map code name that you're testing in the .exe game is different (more expecificaly, the stage.tbl). This commonly happens when you are testing the same maps with different code names in other executable file.
By example: the start map of the original Cave Story is [013]Start Point (Start). If the mod has other code name, like [013]Start Point (whatever_map_code_name), or so, this probably may happen.
Other reason may be that the map properties is also modified, so the game isn't reading correctly the map.

Try to change the properties, or change the map code name to see if it solve the problem.

Jun 28, 2018 at 2:00 AM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
That bug should be posted in the BL thread so they can try and recreate it.

Jun 29, 2018 at 2:17 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
How can you add a background to the title screen?:critter::pignon2:

Jun 29, 2018 at 3:33 PM
ZYZZ Spur is the best gun because its super cool
"All your forum are belong to us!"
are you talking about the part where you press new/load or the part where it shows the doctor and misery walking

Jun 29, 2018 at 5:25 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
the part with new and load.

Jun 29, 2018 at 5:28 PM
Piyo Piyo Discord Admin
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
You use the Booster Lab's Hackinator, and set the framerects to 0,0,320,240 respectivatly, and the render position to 0,0. It makes the Title.bmp have the size of the bkMoon.bmp, or bkFog.bmp.

Jun 29, 2018 at 5:30 PM
Jul 2, 2018 at 2:25 PM
is it possible to easily change the tiles that the quake generator entity thing creates? because in my game im trying to get the falling blocks with the waterway tileset but it's showing some doors falling which looks weird

Jul 2, 2018 at 2:35 PM
Piyo Piyo Discord Admin
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
You can use the balcony small and big blocks as reference to make the falling blocks. Or you can make a npc to be easier. Otherwise, it'll show strange tiles according to the graphics shown in the balcony.

Jul 2, 2018 at 2:39 PM
You can use the balcony small and big blocks as reference to make the falling blocks. Or you can make a npc to be easier. Otherwise, it'll show strange tiles according to the graphics shown in the balcony.
but what if I still need to use the tiles that are falling to make other things in the map?

Jul 2, 2018 at 2:46 PM
Piyo Piyo Discord Admin
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
They still can be used as normal map blocks. The falling blocks just transforms them in npcs that can hurt Quote.

Jul 3, 2018 at 10:31 AM
:muscledoc:how do i do the multisave hack?:muscledoc:

Jul 3, 2018 at 4:29 PM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
:muscledoc:how do i do the multisave hack?:muscledoc:
There was an open source hack for it available, but I can't seem to find it. Maybe Noxid still has it?

Jul 3, 2018 at 5:46 PM
Piyo Piyo Discord Admin
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Jul 3, 2018 at 6:44 PM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
That's because it requires the bitmap needed to include the graphics for the three save slots, which the expanded Hackinator pack failed to include. There are mods that do use the feature, like WTF Story, Half Life Story, Jenn's Journey, and Cave Story X (Aar's mod, not my upcoming mod). Maybe you can create a template based on the graphic positions in the Title bitmap.

Jul 3, 2018 at 7:57 PM
Piyo Piyo Discord Admin
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Yeah, I based on the King: Strife and Sacrifice to see how that Hack works. Was several attemps until I find exacly every single frame, graphics, etc.
Here's a short explanation of how the Multisave Hack works (sorry if I didn't explained very well):

Title.png
On Title.bmp, they will appear on this two squares.
The green is the cursor and the blue is the Profiles textbox.

TextBox.png
On Textbox.bmp, the orange (that I forgot to draw) is the No Data that appears if there's no profile.
And the pink space is the pictures of where you last saved (optional).

They will appear in the Title Screen like this:

Title Screen Hack - Title2.png
Here is when is no profile found.
Title Screen Hack - Title.png
And here is when you saved the game.
The area music plays where you saved when the cursor touches any profile that where saved.
You can quit this profile textbox pressing ESC.

I don't know where you can change the pictures showed in the profiles.
On King Story, Noxid used the <VAR0123:xxxx command to change the pictures.

Jul 3, 2018 at 11:14 PM
They still can be used as normal map blocks. The falling blocks just transforms them in npcs that can hurt Quote.
Oh i see what you're saying

but say the falling blocks are transforming into the wrong blocks
like if the big falling block is showing a 2 spikes and two cave tiles, but i want it to show 4 cave tiles how would i fix that?

Jul 3, 2018 at 11:30 PM
Piyo Piyo Discord Admin
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Oh i see what you're saying

but say the falling blocks are transforming into the wrong blocks
like if the big falling block is showing a 2 spikes and two cave tiles, but i want it to show 4 cave tiles how would i fix that?
You may try this by example:
Blocks5.png
Blocks6.png
The two falling blocks always have these pattern like shown in the first balcony blocks like this:
Blocks.png

Last edited:
Jul 3, 2018 at 11:42 PM
Jul 3, 2018 at 11:54 PM
Piyo Piyo Discord Admin
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Yeah, you can draw everything to be a falling block. You can make a falling sand, lava, big stone, or else.