Jun 14, 2018 at 4:15 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Y'all would have to be stoned if you think I meant the latter.
Is... is this what being stoned feels like?

ALSO HOLY CRAP WALRUSGUY'S SUGGESTION WORKED!!! I also changed flag 0222 to 7000 but I dunno if that really helped. It seems that the flag only gets set by triggering certain events in map 30, like opening doors. I still don't know why that was happening, but I don't really care anymore as long as it's fixed.

Walrus_Guy, you are my new hero. You and Serri. Thank you both a million.

Jun 14, 2018 at 10:04 PM
ZYZZ Spur is the best gun because its super cool
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Is... is this what being stoned feels like?

ALSO HOLY CRAP WALRUSGUY'S SUGGESTION WORKED!!! I also changed flag 0222 to 7000 but I dunno if that really helped. It seems that the flag only gets set by triggering certain events in map 30, like opening doors. I still don't know why that was happening, but I don't really care anymore as long as it's fixed.

Walrus_Guy, you are my new hero. You and Serri. Thank you both a million.
yay i did something cool :chin::chin::chin:!!!

also i've never used a flag list before does that somehow show what flags youre using or something
because sometimes if i take like two days off from making my game i dont remember if i was on flag 730 or 750 so i just go to 800 which probably "wastes" a lot of them... (because i like staying under 1000 and hopefully i dont go about 9000 flags or something thatd be crazy

Jun 14, 2018 at 10:22 PM
CSE Discord Admin
"Fresh from the Bakery"
If you go above flag 8000 funny things start happening. Like, you can press buttons by setting a certain flag, or change other things as well with flags above 8000.

Jun 14, 2018 at 10:46 PM
If you go above flag 8000 funny things start happening. Like, you can press buttons by setting a certain flag, or change other things as well with flags above 8000.

i thought i heard that somewhere but i forgot where i heard what the maximum flag was
it would be cool if somehow the game started to just play it self if you set flag 8400 or something

Jun 15, 2018 at 12:01 AM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
While there are far more that are unlisted, here's a few examples on what can happen past Flag 7999.

Jun 15, 2018 at 12:16 AM
Jun 15, 2018 at 12:40 AM
War criminal
Yes, it can read other ASCII symbols as numbers as well.
p364671-0-v1anbzl.png

Anything before 0 can be read as negative numbers, btw. "~" is the highest ascii symbol, which reads as 78. (<FL+000~ is the same as <FL+0078) It's the highest you can type up on your keyboard.

Jun 15, 2018 at 12:51 AM
Yes, it can read other ASCII symbols as numbers as well.
p364671-0-v1anbzl.png

Anything before 0 can be read as negative numbers, btw. "~" is the highest ascii symbol, which reads as 78. (<FL+000~ is the same as <FL+0078) It's the highest you can type up on your keyboard.
thats really weird........

how did these flags somehow get assigned to these certain things like move left??

Jun 20, 2018 at 4:13 AM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
So for some reason, even after getting the nemesis and beating hell, CS+ [Steam release] still hasn't given me the nemesis challenge. I looked into the mods.txt, & realized that the nemesis had the weapon No.12, meaning that if I could edit that value to be the weapon No. of a weapon I already have [e.g the spur], the challenge will be unlocked. The only problem is that I don't actually know the weapon No. of the spur, meaning I don't have any way of knowing what weapon I'm actually requiring of myself.

I'm pretty sure since most of you guys here are modders, maybe you can tell me?

Jun 20, 2018 at 4:34 AM
War criminal
The sprite order for ArmsImage is in the same order as in the assembly, here's a map for reference, though.
16u756.png

Jun 20, 2018 at 5:01 AM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
I tried that and it still is locked. How do I fix that? I changed the value to R+ as well and nothing.

Edit: I literally gave up on trying & speedran through easy mode just to get the nemesis for this challenge. So, glitch resolved I guess.

Last edited:
Jun 23, 2018 at 5:34 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
This might've already been asked, but how do i change the version number and remove Studio Pixel from the title screen?
Untitled.png
untitled-png.4826
untitled-png.4825

Last edited:
Jun 23, 2018 at 8:27 AM
War criminal
This might've already been asked, but how do i change the version number and remove Studio Pixel from the title screen?
You change the version number through Resource Hacker, and for removing the Studio Pixel thing from the title screen, there's an option for that in the Title Screen hack in Booster's Lab

Jun 26, 2018 at 4:04 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
You change the version number through Resource Hacker, and for removing the Studio Pixel thing from the title screen, there's an option for that in the Title Screen hack in Booster's Lab
Also, how do you remove the "studio pixel presents" from the opening cutscene?

Jun 26, 2018 at 4:07 PM
War criminal
Go to the "u" map, and in the mapdata tab, replace "u" with "Deathbear presents" or whatever you'd like to use.

Jun 26, 2018 at 5:02 PM
I hope this is the last question i ask, but how do you change the descriptions of items? I already checked the weapons section of the hackinator in booster's lab, so if that's where it's supposed to be, i think i have a problem

Jun 26, 2018 at 5:24 PM
War criminal
"Edit other TSC file" > ArmsItem.tsc

For if you plan on changing the save, health refill, and death scripts, they're all in Head.tsc (Have a freebie, since they're accessed in the same fashion)

Jun 27, 2018 at 7:20 AM
War criminal
Normally, when the error dialogue comes (which isn't a byproduct of the error, it's just ascii displaying what would be Japanese if the language and locale were set to Japanese), an Error.txt file appears in the Cave Story directory. Is there anything pointed out in there?

Jun 27, 2018 at 1:08 PM
Complications: The build of my mod, upon closing and reopening in Booster's Lab, has mutated so that the most recent room I had been working on became a copy of a previous room. No input had been given consciously to cause this. Oddly enough the TSC file for the room is intact.

This happened to me once I think

In the new room that has become a copy, are the Npcs that you originally put there still there but the tiles different? Because that's what happened to me