Jun 7, 2018 at 12:40 AM
ZYZZ Spur is the best gun because its super cool
"All your forum are belong to us!"
1 tick = 1 frame, yes. Which can be varied depending on what the framerate your mod is on. If it's the default 50fps, then that'll means 50 ticks, if it's 60fps, then 60 ticks.

Changing the framerates does not affect the cutscenes too, contrary to popular belief. Instead cutting them off sooner, it actually speeds them up.

Also the default player focus is 0016, lol
THANK YOU super very much

Jun 7, 2018 at 10:52 AM
Deliverer of Sweets
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Though I heard <WAI0000 is basicly one frame, so does that mean <WAI0050 is actually <WAI0051 or...?

Jun 7, 2018 at 11:36 AM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
0000 can't work, the game tries dividing by zero if you do that

Jun 7, 2018 at 11:58 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
Jun 9, 2018 at 10:23 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Since this is my first official post (sorry enlightenedone), I'll try to be brief.

I'm making a mod and I'm trying to put five Curly Braces in one map. But whenever I talk to them, unless it's the earliest one on the script, the message box doesn't appear and <KEY doesn't work. So far, the mod is about an hour long, and this hasn't happened before, except for one time when I just ended up ignoring it after an hour trying to fix it. Another thing is that the events placed before the Curly Braces all work fine (sans the previous one I mentioned). Are there too many NPCs? Because I've had maps with a bunch of message box triggering NPCs before, and they worked fine.
Can anyone help with this?

Jun 9, 2018 at 10:35 PM
Since this is my first official post (sorry enlightenedone), I'll try to be brief.

I'm making a mod and I'm trying to put five Curly Braces in one map. But whenever I talk to them, unless it's the earliest one on the script, the message box doesn't appear and <KEY doesn't work. So far, the mod is about an hour long, and this hasn't happened before, except for one time when I just ended up ignoring it after an hour trying to fix it. Another thing is that the events placed before the Curly Braces all work fine (sans the previous one I mentioned). Are there too many NPCs? Because I've had maps with a bunch of message box triggering NPCs before, and they worked fine.
Can anyone help with this?

can you copy and paste the script in

also nice username

Jun 9, 2018 at 11:07 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
alright, but since it's super long I'll put it in a .txt file

Attachments

• bugfix tingy.txt
    2.1 KB · Views: 3
Jun 9, 2018 at 11:29 PM
War criminal
Events seem to be in check, are they assigned to each event, and do they have the "Interactable" npc flag checked (or Flag 0x2000 if you're using CE)?

Edit: You should also change the #'s to "No." or something like that, since # is used to determine event numbers in a script

Jun 9, 2018 at 11:46 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
It worked! Thanks a bunch for your help.

Jun 10, 2018 at 1:31 AM
It worked! Thanks a bunch for your help.
by the way

i dont think there's a need for putting <CLO for when you're ending the message.
<NOD<END suffices (i think)

i dont really think that changes anything but it may save you 4 letters of typing

Jun 10, 2018 at 4:00 PM
Based Member
i dont think there's a need for putting <CLO for when you're ending the message.
<NOD<END suffices (i think)

i dont really think that changes anything but it may save you 4 letters of typing
Yes, this is correct. The <CLO command is unnecessary if immediately followed by an <END command. You should only need to use the <CLO command if you want to close the message box but there's still more stuff to be done in that event, or if you're about to jump to another event.

Jun 13, 2018 at 1:28 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
So I ran into another problem yesterday.

Basically I'm trying to use one flag (222) that changes a lot of the mod when set (adding and removing NPCs, adding dialogue) but now that I'm testing it, the flag keeps getting set much earlier than it should be. I noticed it when I entered a door leading to one of the earlier maps and one of the NPCs was there when it shouldn't have been. None of the doors before it activated this flag, which I still don't understand. I eventually figured it out by changing the door's flag ID to 0, but a bunch of doors afterwards started triggering flag 222, and none of them had a flag ID to change. I've fixed one of the doors, but I have no idea how I did it, and I can't replicate it.

I've been working on this for a few hours and making no progress.

Here's the scripts to the maps I'm having trouble with. They're both in the same .txt file. Thanks for your time.

Attachments

• bugfix tingy 2.txt
    2.8 KB · Views: 2
Jun 13, 2018 at 1:57 AM
So I ran into another problem yesterday.

Basically I'm trying to use one flag (222) that changes a lot of the mod when set (adding and removing NPCs, adding dialogue) but now that I'm testing it, the flag keeps getting set much earlier than it should be. I noticed it when I entered a door leading to one of the earlier maps and one of the NPCs was there when it shouldn't have been. None of the doors before it activated this flag, which I still don't understand. I eventually figured it out by changing the door's flag ID to 0, but a bunch of doors afterwards started triggering flag 222, and none of them had a flag ID to change. I've fixed one of the doors, but I have no idea how I did it, and I can't replicate it.

I've been working on this for a few hours and making no progress.

Here's the scripts to the maps I'm having trouble with. They're both in the same .txt file. Thanks for your time.

i'm not really sure and i'm no master

but things to check for are:

are the maps you transferred to setting off an event when they transfer? this can still be considered part of the "door" event since it causes another event which may set 222
like <TRA0001:EVENT:0040:0040
and somehow the EVENT on the new map says something like <KEY<MSGHello<NOD<FL+0222<END

are you somehow changing an npc with another door which really isn't setting 222 but does the same thing?

also how did you actually want to set 222

also if this made no sense plz dont get mad im not that good at this stuff

Jun 13, 2018 at 2:30 AM
War criminal
If you put an <FL+ right before or during the rest of the event, it'll end up jumping straight ahead to the event you're supposed to come across the next time. It's preferred to add it at the end.

If that doesn't fix anything, you can create a flag list through Booster's Lab to make sure there aren't any conflicting events that share the same flag.

Jun 13, 2018 at 6:09 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
also if this made no sense plz dont get mad im not that good at this stuff
dude its fine im not gonna get mad because your not the best at TSC ever

also no im not changing the doors to other npcs or vice versa

If you put an <FL+ right before or during the rest of the event, it'll end up jumping straight ahead to the event you're supposed to come across the next time. It's preferred to add it at the end.

If that doesn't fix anything, you can create a flag list through Booster's Lab to make sure there aren't any conflicting events that share the same flag.
So for some reason, putting the <FL+0222 right before <END fixed the "Strange Room" door, but not the others, like the one that leads to the next mandatory map.

I also made a flag list, and the only map that set flag 0222 (aside from where I want it set) was the unmodded Grasstown. I deleted the FL+ there since I have no need for it, but that didn't do anything. Now the only FL+ for flag 0222 is where I intend it to be, but some doors still set the flag.

I even temporarily took out the intended <FL+0222 and restarted the mod from the beginning, and flag 0222 was still set when I entered certain doors.

Here's the script for the map where I want flag 0222 to be set, just in case anyone wanted it.

Attachments

• bugfix tingy 3.txt
    2.2 KB · Views: 2
Jun 13, 2018 at 8:20 PM
dude its fine im not gonna get mad because your not the best at TSC ever :( SORRY i just dont want to mess someone up ok thanks chinfish storm :chin::chin::chin::chin:

also no im not changing the doors to other npcs or vice versa

So for some reason, putting the <FL+0222 right before <END fixed the "Strange Room" door, but not the others, like the one that leads to the next mandatory map.

I also made a flag list, and the only map that set flag 0222 (aside from where I want it set) was the unmodded Grasstown. I deleted the FL+ there since I have no need for it, but that didn't do anything. Now the only FL+ for flag 0222 is where I intend it to be, but some doors still set the flag.

I even temporarily took out the intended <FL+0222 and restarted the mod from the beginning, and flag 0222 was still set when I entered certain doors.

Here's the script for the map where I want flag 0222 to be set, just in case anyone wanted it.

my last guess is check to see if any events go to event 999, which will set 222

i dont really know enough about your mod but on event 900 it says go to event 999 which may be a cause
other events may also go to 999 (and now you have to pay attention if any events go to 900!)

also have you tested making another things that appears if flag 222 is set? just for testing
because you may have something that's creating whatever npc and deleting the others that you wanted, even though it's not setting 222

Jun 13, 2018 at 8:56 PM
War criminal
You may need to create backup saves, and start the mod all over again. Save files can still hold set flags, even when removed.

Jun 13, 2018 at 10:44 PM
Jun 13, 2018 at 10:47 PM
War criminal
that means play through it again right?
not recreate the entire mod?
Y'all would have to be stoned if you think I meant the latter.

Jun 13, 2018 at 10:57 PM
Y'all would have to be stoned if you think I meant the latter.
ok i think the rock thing is not good so im going to say i think the first one

thats the former right?

also what you may be able to do studiodixel is possibly making a sign that just does <FL-222 and then delete it later so you may be able to avoid that whole thing
but maybe not