Feb 6, 2018 at 5:44 PM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
The room that the playee enter is 95
The next room or 96
And the previous room was 12

It work ! Thanks !
But I don't have the background showing maybe you know why ?
sorry i'm kind of harassing :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Feb 6, 2018 at 6:44 PM
Based Member
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
But I don't have the background showing maybe you know why ?
sorry i'm kind of harassing :p
I'm assuming you're using Cave Editor, because this problem is usually caused by using Cave Editor and then using the "Add map" button. You really shouldn't ever use this button, because it never was quite cleanly implemented, and the developer has long since gone inactive. The better way to add a map would be to use the "Copy Map" button to copy an existing map, and then edit that map to your liking. Even better yet, it's best just not to add more maps in the first place, because adding more maps in general can cause weird things to happen. It really is best to just modify existing maps, and only add new ones when absolutely necessary. Again, I could be wrong about you using Cave Editor and using the "Add Map" button, but that's usually the reason. As far as I'm aware, Booster's Lab doesn't have this problem.

So that's what usually causes that glitch. As for fixing it, the best thing to do is revert back to a previous version of your mod before you first used the "Copy Map" button. If you don't have a backup, then you'd probably best be loading up a fresh copy of the game and re-applying all your changes, and making sure that this time you don't click the "Copy Map" button. This is why backing up your mod is so important.

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2018 at 12:17 AM
ZYZZ Spur is the best gun because its super cool
"All your forum are belong to us!"
what is the thing that is with the creatures and stuff in the first cave
like the blue bats blue critters (and then when you get the super weapon you get a bunch of critters)

like the npc thing or do i need two of them also which one has the
eye door

Feb 8, 2018 at 3:09 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
what is the thing that is with the creatures and stuff in the first cave
like the blue bats blue critters (and then when you get the super weapon you get a bunch of critters)

like the npc thing or do i need two of them also which one has the eye door

not 100% sure what you're asking, but the eye door is entity no. 59 "Enemy - Door".
in vanilla it has a disappears once set flag (0x4000), in case you wanted it to be like that.

also
eye door
all of us have probably been through first cave more times than we've wanted so this really isn't necessary, nor are any actual spoilers for cave story needed to be tagged. think that's part of the rules too, that you can expect everybody to already have gotten the good ending.

Feb 8, 2018 at 4:56 AM
War criminal
also

all of us have probably been through first cave more times than we've wanted so this really isn't necessary, nor are any actual spoilers for cave story needed to be tagged. think that's part of the rules too, that you can expect everybody to already have gotten the good ending.
You play the fucking game and you win.

Feb 8, 2018 at 10:31 PM
not 100% sure what you're asking, but the eye door is entity no. 59 "Enemy - Door".
in vanilla it has a disappears once set flag (0x4000), in case you wanted it to be like that.

also

oh i was wondering what is the npc thing because theres like npcmoon or something and they have a big picture of all the enemies and stuff for that area

Feb 8, 2018 at 10:38 PM
War criminal
oh i was wondering what is the npc thing because theres like npcmoon or something and they have a big picture of all the enemies and stuff for that area
NpcCemet.bmp

It's not that hard to look in the files, you know.

Feb 9, 2018 at 7:23 PM
NpcCemet.bmp

It's not that hard to look in the files, you know.
oh thanks

also does anyone know if its bad to go above 1000 flags
i like the ones before 1000 but i already used 800-950 i think so i dont know what to do
i thought i remember ones like 400 already being used in the original so i dont want to take any risks with those :chin::chin::chin::chin::chin::balrog::balrog::balrog::balrog::balrog::balrog::chin::chin::critter::heartrefill::heartrefill::hoppy::pignon::sue::mahin:

Feb 9, 2018 at 7:28 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
The max is 7999

Feb 9, 2018 at 7:57 PM
is there a point in the game where when youre picking up a sparkle it says "something shines/glimmers in the dirt/ground" or is that just a made up memory i have

Feb 9, 2018 at 8:16 PM
The TideWalker
Modding Community Discord Founder
"That dog!"
I'm not sure how this relates to modding but I'm 99% sure it's when you pick up that one item in the mimiga village to advance the plot.

(wasn't it a necklace or something?)

Feb 9, 2018 at 9:28 PM
War criminal
I'm not sure how this relates to modding but I'm 99% sure it's when you pick up that one item in the mimiga village to advance the plot.

(wasn't it a necklace or something?)
The same is for the Tow Rope, iirc

Feb 9, 2018 at 10:01 PM
Based Member
is there a point in the game where when youre picking up a sparkle it says "something shines/glimmers in the dirt/ground" or is that just a made up memory i have
There are 4 different instances that I can think of off the top of my head that are like that:
1) In the Reservoir, when you pick up the pendant that Sue gave to Toroko:
Something gleams in the dirt... Got the =Silver Locket=.

2) In the graveyard, when you pick up the key to Arthur's house. A sparkling item entity is used, but the text for interacting with it doesn't really talk much about "something glimmering in the dirt":
There's writing on the tombstone: Here sleeps the noble Arthur, true hero to the Mimigas. Found =Arthur's Key=!

3) In the core room, when you find the tow rope:
Something is coiled around the broken robot's arm. Will you take it? Got the =Tow Rope=.

4) The beast fang, in the Yamashita farm. This code is unreachable without modding the game, but it is actually placed on the map as a sparkling item and if it were placed just a block above and were interacted with, this text would be displayed:
You see something gleaming... Got the =Beast Fang=.

My guess is you're thinking of number 1, the silver locket that Sue gave to Toroko.

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2018 at 10:21 PM
There are 4 different instances that I can think of off the top of my head that are like that:
1) In the Reservoir, when you pick up the pendant that Sue gave to Toroko:

2) In the graveyard, when you pick up the key to Arthur's house. A sparkling item entity is used, but the text for interacting with it doesn't really talk much about "something glimmering in the dirt":

3) In the core room, when you find the tow rope:

4) The beast fang, in the Yamashita farm. This code is unreachable without modding the game, but it it actually placed on the map as a sparkling item and if it were placed just a block above and were interacted with, this text would be displayed:

My guess is you're thinking of number 1, the silver locket that Sue gave to Toroko.
yes thank you it was the first one

ALSO HOW DO I MAKE A BALROG BOSS

Last edited:
Feb 11, 2018 at 4:15 AM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
How would I go about shortening (or removing) the cut-scene before the title screen in ASM?

Feb 11, 2018 at 1:18 PM
How would I go about shortening (or removing) the cut-scene before the title screen in ASM?
this is probably a dumb question but what does ASM do
and what does it mean

Feb 11, 2018 at 1:50 PM
"Huzzah!"
ASM.
Assembly Modding.
If you don't already know, Cave Story was made entirely in Assembly, so with ASM, you can change the game to what ever you like! It may take a while to mod it, sure. But hey, new additions is always fun. One of these (at least I think) is the Shotgun by Noxid. ((DID I GET IT RIGHT??))

Feb 11, 2018 at 1:55 PM
ASM.
Assembly Modding.
If you don't already know, Cave Story was made entirely in Assembly, so with ASM, you can change the game to what ever you like! It may take a while to mod it, sure. But hey, new additions is always fun. One of these (at least I think) is the Shotgun by Noxid. ((DID I GET IT RIGHT??))
whats the shotgun?

also is it possible to add new sprites with this assmbley stuffs

balrog :balrog::balrog::balrog::balrog::balrog::balrog::balrog::balrog::balrog::chin::balrog::balrog::balrog::balrog::balrog::balrog:

Feb 11, 2018 at 2:34 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
You can do just about anything to the game in assembly, it's just much more difficult to do so since the code is very raw compared to what you might do in Booster's Lab or Cave Editor. If you want to get started, I'd suggest checking out Carrotlord's guide on how to use it and Noxid's asm compendium.