Sep 16, 2017 at 3:04 PM
ZYZZ Spur is the best gun because its super cool
"All your forum are belong to us!"
If you want it to start vertical, just set the alternate direction flag.
ok i fixed it now

new question: is curly able to jump in any way? like through animations or should i just move her up a block

also does curly get affected by the waterway streams?

Sep 16, 2017 at 3:05 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
really really thinking it would be beneficial for you to just test some of these things out yourself before asking my dude

Sep 16, 2017 at 9:15 PM
really really thinking it would be beneficial for you to just test some of these things out yourself before asking my dude
sorry i should test the stream thing but I don't know how to test if she can jump or not
i just thought i would include more questions in it

Sep 16, 2017 at 9:31 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
well there's an anp.txt in BL's help files that lists known animation states for certain NPCs. Apart from that you'd probably need to be more specific about which curly NPC you're talking about and why/how you want them to jump

Sep 17, 2017 at 9:13 PM
anyone know how to edit the BIG pictures in the credits?
also just curious not really sure but it is "modding help" so does anyone have any idea how somehow i could explain how ballos got alive again
I've heard different things like the demon crown makes him alive, or he's immortal or other weird things

or do you think i should just keep him gone, but maybe he did something before he was gone?
I don't really want to just introduce a random new ultimate villain

Sep 17, 2017 at 9:50 PM
War criminal
Be sure to save the images in 24 bit if you wanna use all colors.

Edit: Wew, 1300 posts.

Sep 17, 2017 at 9:53 PM
Sep 18, 2017 at 2:20 PM
Based Member
To elaborate on what TLinkan told you, you'll want to download Resource Hacker, then run it, and use it to open up your Cave Story .EXE. Once it's loaded up, expand the "BITMAP" folder, got to the credit image you want to replace, right-click it, and select "Replace Resource...". Then browse to your new credit art image.

Sep 18, 2017 at 9:53 PM
To elaborate on what TLinkan told you, you'll want to download Resource Hacker, then run it, and use it to open up your Cave Story .EXE. Once it's loaded up, expand the "BITMAP" folder, got to the credit image you want to replace, right-click it, and select "Replace Resource...". Then browse to your new credit art image.
Oh that all seems pretty complex and risky to my game

Yeah I'll just stick with the normal credits pictures unless people really like what i did or something

Sep 18, 2017 at 10:33 PM
Soup Man
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"

Yeah I'll just stick with the normal credits pictures unless people really like what i did or something
It's not that risky. Even if you corrupt the exe, Resourcehacker still makes a backup file so you can go back to that if things don't work out. It isn't too complex either, since you just have to replace some images.

Sep 19, 2017 at 10:18 AM
Deliverer of Sweets
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
It's easier than you think it is.
p360345-0-qv878b.gif
Just for the love of it keep the image at a resolution of 160x240, and of course don't forget to save.

Sep 19, 2017 at 9:51 PM
It's easier than you think it is.
p360345-0-qv878b.gif
Just for the love of it keep the image at a resolution of 160x240, and of course don't forget to save.
Thanks for showing that video ish thing! that was helpful

Sep 20, 2017 at 6:42 AM
lol
Modding Community Discord Moderator
In the mod I'm working on, I plan to have my player gather 3 bits of data. All of which are inaccessible without the game's snake variant. I borrowed the "Stuck_Shutter" entity from the core since it's invisible and allows a script to run upon death, when this happens, the special tile that holds this data disappears and becomes one with the area around it again:
p360372-0-mfoogm1.png

So the special block is the gray one the player must destroy with the Snake variant in order to progress.
p360372-1-tmzd5st.png

Here's me destroying the block, getting the item and the block turns to normal.
p360372-2-eh76ajl.png

Upon saving and rebooting the game however, the block reappears, I can't blast it a second time so no 2nd script will appear, but it still appears as if I didn't hit it at all.
Is there a way to keep that tile (in the spoiler) constantly gone?

Sep 20, 2017 at 6:49 AM
Deliverer of Sweets
In the mod I'm working on, I plan to have my player gather 3 bits of data. All of which are inaccessible without the game's snake variant. I borrowed the "Stuck_Shutter" entity from the core since it's invisible and allows a script to run upon death, when this happens, the special tile that holds this data disappears and becomes one with the area around it again:
p360372-0-mfoogm1.png

So the special block is the gray one the player must destroy with the Snake variant in order to progress.
p360372-1-tmzd5st.png

Here's me destroying the block, getting the item and the block turns to normal.
p360372-2-eh76ajl.png

Upon saving and rebooting the game however, the block reappears, I can't blast it a second time so no 2nd script will appear, but it still appears as if I didn't hit it at all.
Is there a way to keep that tile (in the spoiler) constantly gone?
I'm assuming you are already using flags to change the block when the player enters the map if the flag is set.
One method would be to make the player unable to save in that area. But if you don't want that, you can set a null entity that triggers on touch at where the save point is.

Sep 20, 2017 at 8:43 AM
War criminal
Also, you may need to have the save point be away from the trigger blocks. Because <FAI isn't compatible with loading files when you use that null entity.

Sep 20, 2017 at 1:36 PM
So If I want to create a NPC, then delete it how would I do that?
I can't use <SNP because it doesn't set an event which is what <DNP or <MNP needs

Or should I just hide the NPC in a block, <MNP it to the right location, and then <MNP it back?

Sep 20, 2017 at 2:32 PM
Deliverer of Sweets
So If I want to create a NPC, then delete it how would I do that?
I can't use <SNP because it doesn't set an event which is what <DNP or <MNP needs

Or should I just hide the NPC in a block, <MNP it to the right location, and then <MNP it back?
Change a null entity into whatever you want it to be (I think with <CNP), then delete it when needed (or change it into a null again).

Sep 20, 2017 at 5:46 PM
CSE Discord Admin
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
Thanks for showing that video ish thing! that was helpful

It's called a GIF.

PS : By the way, can anyone explain how to animate a Quote with gravity ? The only way I have is to make him hop juuuust before he drops (replacing the NPC Quote with the PC, calculating at which FRAME I need to replace it with the PC, then replacing the PC with the NPC at the frame he lands,etc...)

Last edited: