Jun 9, 2017 at 6:27 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Oho! Nobody bothered to mention that the Machine Gun lvl3's trail is AN ENTITY. THANKS A LOT.
It's almost like sometimes you have to figure shit out for yourself sometimes.

Nobody knows what you're looking for off the top of their head. We have tutorials on how to learn how to read assembly and documentation on the executable. All the tools are there, you just have to invest the time to put it all together.

Jun 18, 2017 at 7:20 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I want study how to use 'boss' monster
Can I find example files?
Original's script are too hard to read

Jun 18, 2017 at 7:59 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Do you mean the special boss setting in each map? Or are you talking about a boss entity in particular? Please be more specific.
I want both

Jun 18, 2017 at 6:23 PM
Eevee Enthusiast
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
I want both
Okay. For the regular boss monsters, you can use practically any enemy that you want to, be it a Critter or Igor. Just use <BSLxxxx before the boss fight starts, with xxxx being the boss monster's Event #. For example, if you want to start a boss fight with a Critter who has the Event # 500, you'd use <BSL0500. You would also check the boss's "Run event on death" option to true because this lets you properly end the boss fight. Going off of the previous example, killing the boss Critter with this checked would run event #0500. Don't forget to include <BSL0000 in the boss's event after you beat the boss so the game knows to remove the boss health bar.

I don't have much advice on how to use stage-specific bosses, though, since I rarely use them.

Jun 21, 2017 at 1:23 AM
Soup Man
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
how do I change a map's background? I've tried in both CE and BL and it says it's changed but when I open the exe the background is the same.

Jun 21, 2017 at 1:40 AM
Soup Man
What're you saving your backgrounds as/with, and what size are they?
Just the normal CS backgrounds. Whenever I change the background in the map properties/modify page and save, the background doesn't work when I play the game.

Jun 21, 2017 at 1:44 AM
Soup Man
Jun 21, 2017 at 1:52 AM
Soup Man
You don't happen do be using the black background type, do you?
Be going from 0 to black, or starting out with black? I'm changing it to bkBlack.

Jun 21, 2017 at 2:33 AM
Soup Man
bk0 and blBlack look pretty-much the same. I meant the black map TYPE, type number 4 makes the background transparent regardless of what map you put in.
I edited the bkBlack map. When I saw it didn't work I tried changing to other backgrounds and none of those worked either.

EDIT: Wait. The type is 4. Thanks! I think this will fix it.

Jun 24, 2017 at 7:12 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Okay. For the regular boss monsters, you can use practically any enemy that you want to, be it a Critter or Igor. Just use <BSLxxxx before the boss fight starts, with xxxx being the boss monster's Event #. For example, if you want to start a boss fight with a Critter who has the Event # 500, you'd use <BSL0500. You would also check the boss's "Run event on death" option to true because this lets you properly end the boss fight. Going off of the previous example, killing the boss Critter with this checked would run event #0500. Don't forget to include <BSL0000 in the boss's event after you beat the boss so the game knows to remove the boss health bar.

I don't have much advice on how to use stage-specific bosses, though, since I rarely use them.
I'm really appreciate you

Well it's different for every boss. You might have to specify.
Another people explain me how to use regular boss
Now I want know how to use special boss (ex. Ballok frog, Doctor, etc...)
Regular boss look like that just use BSL scripts
But Special bosses have peculiar attack patterns I want how to use that

Last edited by a moderator:
Jul 3, 2017 at 8:20 PM
Novice Member
"Officially Worth 1 Rupee"
So im having issues trying to edit the MyChar image, just I couldnt find a sollution using what was said about 300 pages ago. Heres what i got: I'm using GIMP 2, Booster's lab, made sure the "©Pixel" was removed, all images were .bmp, no .pbm, exported 16 colors, and when i run i, it still gives me a garbage error, along with: "
...\data\MyChar.bmp,1"
I cant figure it out. Some help?

Jul 4, 2017 at 3:11 AM
Based Member
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
You sound like you've taken the steps that you should to prevent it from crashing, I'm not sure why it would. Would you be willing to upload your mod for one of us to look at it and see if there's something you might have missed?

Jul 7, 2017 at 6:55 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
how do i change the direction of an npc? for example, when i enter a room cthulhu is facing the left side. how do i change it so that he always faces the right side?