Sep 1, 2015 at 5:49 AM
The TideWalker
Modding Community Discord Founder
"That dog!"
What's the NPC number to the "Z" 's that the hermit gunsmith and chaco make?

Where's some free RAM I can throw a DWORD amount of data?

Sep 2, 2015 at 11:26 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Is there any way to completely remove the EXP bar?

Sep 2, 2015 at 11:30 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
erase it from the images?

Sep 2, 2015 at 11:33 PM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
Sep 7, 2015 at 3:17 AM
The TideWalker
"That dog!"
Olly won't let my exe run in debug, it keeps jumping to address 7501B727 and runs LEAVE on the loading screen and it's happening with even a vanilla exe...

E: Run rabbit RUN!

Sep 7, 2015 at 3:00 PM
beep boop
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
I would suggest making the screen flash then making the block disappear. Unless you can figure out how to summon an actual weapon bullet in place of an entity, it's the only way that I can think of.

Sep 7, 2015 at 4:55 PM
The TideWalker
"That dog!"
where can I put my custom TSC commands? I used the free space at 48B92B (after about 490000, the exe crashes on run) And Everytime I try to put the code in an NPC slot (The gravekeeper NPC 80 in this case) the game crashes when it runs the said TSC command. And yes, the TSC is correct, and yes, the hacks work just fine when put at 48B92B.

also I can't test the code because.....

Olly won't let my exe run in debug, it keeps jumping to address 7501B727 and runs LEAVE on the loading screen and it's happening with even a vanilla exe...

C'mon guys, I only have a small handful of free days to mod, and unnecessary issues that I have to trial and error through takes a lot of time, especially when I have to manually plug in the code because the assembler goes wonky on me sometimes.

also how do I prevent bullet from being destroyed on contact with a wall (machine gun) It's acting like you can't change what happens on collision in the actual bullet's code

Sep 7, 2015 at 7:07 PM
"Huzzah!"
also how do I prevent bullet from being destroyed on contact with a wall (machine gun) It's acting like you can't change what happens on collision in the actual bullet's code

Can't really help with the rest of your problems (other than suggesting a fresh copy of ollydbg), but Snake has ignore solid flag set, and there's also the don't break when hitting wall flag (which Snake does not have set), so have you tried that in BL's hackinator?

Sep 8, 2015 at 1:32 AM
The TideWalker
"That dog!"
I didn't know that it works with custom weaponry.... now it's working properly thanks.

Also I just optimized the <END command and snuck the MIM hack in there, but now... (here's a side by side comparison with a vanilla exe having it replace the second FAC command)

the-hek_zpshzomxfog.png

What the heck? the game isn't crashing or telling me MIM is not a valid command, the code is identical and I'm moving one flipping register to RAM, is it that hard to do that?

Sep 8, 2015 at 1:36 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
blink: get the 64-bit version of olly

Sep 8, 2015 at 3:14 AM
The TideWalker
"That dog!"
A ten minute google search yields that no 64 bit version of the program is available for public download?

Sep 8, 2015 at 5:01 AM
The TideWalker
"That dog!"
I see...

Apparently the cat gods hate me for a number of reasons...

rant warning:

I have 15 exe's for backup and sparatically the game now crashes on each one either on boot or the running of an event and one of them just loops text forever (using the TSC+ mod with my person changes)

When I open an exe in BL and run it, it runs a no longer existent exe in the recycle bin (even after reboot of my PC and manually selecting an exe instead of load last) that loops text and won't apply patches to it and olly won't let me run anything in debug mode. and even though it says my patches are saved/applied according to olly the game is crashing (worse off then I was not 5 hours ago) even though I didn't do a dang thing to my backup exe's

I even took a vanilla exe and tried to apply the TIMG hack (all 8 hex files) and the vanilla exe just gave me an error message on the running of the command.

I've wasted 8 hours on this and I'm about ready to pull my hair out.

I think I finally understand what it means to be legitimately pissed off.

Do I really need to swap to a 32 bit OS?

Sep 8, 2015 at 4:37 PM
beep boop
Is there any command that I can replace other than the second <FAC for the Img hack? And if so, how?

Sep 8, 2015 at 5:20 PM
Based Member
Is there any command that I can replace other than the second <FAC for the Img hack? And if so, how?
There's also the <INP, <MP+, and I think also the <MPJ command that Pixel never used. Also, the <CAT command serves pretty much the same purpose as the <SAT command, so I think that one can be replaced. If you're asking how to find these, the TSC hacking chapter in Carrotlord's ASM tutorial explains how to find where existing TSC commands are written in Olly.

Alternatively, instead of replacing an existing TSC command, you can also JMP to the bottom of the EXE and JMP back to where you were in the TSC parser.

Sep 8, 2015 at 6:44 PM
beep boop
Wait, do I put the JMP at the bottom?

Sep 8, 2015 at 7:57 PM
Based Member
Wait, do I put the JMP at the bottom?
That depends on which JMP you're talking about. You would want to put your first JMP in the parser and have it jump to the bottom of the EXE. Whichever address that JMP jumps to is where you want to put the instructions for your new TSC command. Then after all that, you put a JMP that jumps back to the TSC parser and continues past where that first JMP was.

Sep 8, 2015 at 9:15 PM
beep boop
Umm... How do I change the hack to go there? It's made for the hackinstaller.

Sep 9, 2015 at 12:47 AM
Based Member
Umm... How do I change the hack to go there? It's made for the hackinstaller.
Ah, sorry, I missed the part about you trying to install the IMG hack. So you're saying that the IMG hack by default replaces the duplicate <FAC command, and that you know for the case of your mod that that space is already taken by another hack, and you're wanting to tell it to install the IMG hack somewhere else? If that's the case, then I'm afraid I can't help you because it looks like there are numerous offsets that certain bytes need to be written to, and I don't know how it all fits together. Sorry, maybe someone else can help you.