Sep 1, 2023 at 2:18 PM
Deliverer of Sweets
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
OH sorry, somehow I was convinced it was normally possible to put a background behind a tile, on further inspection I see nothing of the sort in the vanilla maps, so sorry aaaa
This is what I was trying to say but yea that doesn't exist, I'm just being dumb lol oof

View attachment 9039
You can technically still do this by either editing the tileset to have a version of the statue with that background or by having said background as, well, the background.

Sep 7, 2023 at 5:15 AM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
I assume this means it isn't going to work? I mean, base Cave Story and the few mods I've used have working layering, any replacements at the least?

I'm a bit late to this, but there is actually a DLL inject for Layers mode that got released in the Cave Story Modding Discord server a little while back,
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/312733438153326593/1113572572408315934/layers.zip by Periwinkle
Layers mode is not a freeware feature and Cave Editor does not support it, so you'll have to use the layers version of BL if you'll be utilizing this!!
It works with both Clownacy's Mod Loader and standalone, so if it's the only DLL you're using you can rename it to dinput.dll. Otherwise, make a folder in the mods folder with the same name as the DLL and add it to mods.txt.

EDIT: Ah shit, I don't mean to be a broken record, for whatever reason it didn't show that there was another page when I was reading the thread, sorry! Hope this helps as an explanation for importing into freeware at least.

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2023 at 5:55 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I'm a bit late to this, but there is actually a DLL inject for Layers mode that got released in the Cave Story Modding Discord server a little while back,
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/312733438153326593/1113572572408315934/layers.zip by Periwinkle
Layers mode is not a freeware feature and Cave Editor does not support it, so you'll have to use the layers version of BL if you'll be utilizing this!!
It works with both Clownacy's Mod Loader and standalone, so if it's the only DLL you're using you can rename it to dinput.dll. Otherwise, make a folder in the mods folder with the same name as the DLL and add it to mods.txt.

EDIT: Ah shit, I don't mean to be a broken record, for whatever reason it didn't show that there was another page when I was reading the thread, sorry! Hope this helps as an explanation for importing into freeware at least.
THANK YOU I didnt understand what the last guy meant due to me being a moron but your post made it clear xD this is a huge help as I was trying to make all the tiles I needed in different combos which obviously ate up all the space on the 256x256 tileset immediately, lol
Also sorry for the deleted quote, I was a moron and forgot to paste it into the main mod folder and not my backup and realized as I posted it...

Sep 13, 2023 at 7:19 AM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
THANK YOU I didnt understand what the last guy meant due to me being a moron but your post made it clear xD this is a huge help as I was trying to make all the tiles I needed in different combos which obviously ate up all the space on the 256x256 tileset immediately, lol
Also sorry for the deleted quote, I was a moron and forgot to paste it into the main mod folder and not my backup and realized as I posted it...
it also makes it so that you can use tilesets bigger than 256x256 as a side effect of the tile code rewrite i think

Jan 28, 2024 at 2:34 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Sorry if this question sounds dumb/should have been asked in the modding Discord, but is there any way to set a weapons maximum level below 3? I highly doubt this would work, but I just wanted to ask. (As far as I am aware there hasn't been any question regarding this, so..)

Jan 28, 2024 at 3:03 AM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Probably a good idea to ask in the modding discord. Otherwise, if you want to be a little cheap on it, you can set the Lv. 3 Polar Star to shoot Lv. 2 bullets through the hackinator in Booster's Lab, if you don't mind the glaring "3" next to the EXP meter.
v0c6jp.png

Feb 16, 2024 at 6:22 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Testing to see if this will fix the emptied latest post slot
Edit: Very good, proceed as normal

Feb 16, 2024 at 8:40 AM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Testing to see if this will fix the emptied latest post slot
Edit: Very good, proceed as normal
noticed that yesterday, really odd, wonder how that happened