• Most people probably don't realise this, but this forum has had two editors for a number of years. One is the xenForo default editor, and the other is a custom editor I made years back I called BBCEd.

All the settings for which editor you use was lost during the upgrade. You can find the setting under Account Settings > Preferences > Editor.

Questions about Records of a Mod

Nov 18, 2018 at 5:56 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
So I dont know where to ask this I assumed it would be in modding discussions since the boss rush mode for CS is a mod made by one person. Im trying to understand if I speed run the boss rush mode on the OG CS since I dont own CS+ are they ran under different categories or the same one. Its a curious question ive had also my apologies if its not supposed to go here im rather new to the forums so.

Nov 18, 2018 at 8:28 AM
Perfectionist
CS Beta Content Discord Admin
CSE Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
Hey, I feel like I've seen you somewhere before...
*checks*
Oh yes, I've talked to you before! Welcome to the forums, then!

It would be a different category, since Cave Story+ runs at 60FPS rather than 50FPS, and has some other slight differences in progression. Even with a 60FPS mod to the pre-existing mod I would consider them different categories for sure.
Now, it's all up to @andwhyisit whether or not the Cave Story Boss Rush mod could get its own place on the scoreboard as the 50FPS equivalent of CS+ Boss Rush (although Non-Stop mode is much closer to the one in CS+ than Boss Rush mode!), but I don't personally see any problem that would cause that to not be the case.

And if that does become the case, here's a copy of the mod so that people can actually speedrun it! (hey, there's no point in having it on the scoreboard if nobody runs it at all)
Download The "Boss Rush v24" Mod!
(EDIT: Found the original download, hurray!)

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2018 at 12:30 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Yep! I came across your speedruns while trying to find methods to improve my runs

Currently I havent recorded them yet but I do have screenshots of runs i've gotten the run down to 6'46'1 I was trying to find out if the mode had a WR for its Nonstop mode so thanks dude you really help