Question(s) about the sheet music

Aug 16, 2007 at 3:54 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
First off, does anyone know (well, I'd assume they do) the english titles of the sheet music provided by the midi and sheet music page referenced by the Tribute Site? For instance, I know which songs "Gravity", "Last Battle", "Toroko", and perhaps "Doukutu" (the Cave Story theme is it?) are, but I do not know which songs "Borosu", "Tukinouta", and "Wanpaku" are referring to. I could plug the notes into GarageBand and decipher the sound, but I really do not feel like doing so unless necessary, and would appreciate any help on the matter.

Second, are there any alternative sources at which I could find more sheet music provided than by the aforementioned site? For instance, I'd like to have the sheet music for "Running Hell" (especially) or "Oppression" if it turns out that they're not on the aforementioned site.

Also, if the answers are already out there in a painfully obvious manner and it so happened that I overlooked them, do direct me to said answers and I will accept my fate as a dumbass.

Thanks in advance.

Aug 16, 2007 at 4:54 AM
Guy with Sword
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
For starters, here is the page translated, which should help.

http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.e-moe.net%2F%257Epripas%2Fcave%2Fcave.html&langpair=ja%7Cen&hl=en&safe=off&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&prev=%2Flanguage_tools

In order of posted, the songs are:
Cave story
Moonsong
Mischevious Robot
Gravity
Hell Run
Cave Story (again, remixed)
Never Die

And no, if it's not here, it's most likely really hard to find. If you do find any other sites, though, please post them here, it will be appreciated.

Aug 16, 2007 at 5:08 AM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
My not-very-good dictionary says "Wanpaku" is "naughtiness," which I'd guess is "Mischievous Robot," as that's the closest-related song name. Of course, that's just a guess, I have no actual clue, and the site's not displaying Japanese characters for me, for some reason, so I can't do any proper translations (dictionary doesn't have the other two).

EDIT: Well, I was late, but I think I was right, at least. XP;;

Aug 16, 2007 at 6:42 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Ah, good, they do have Running Hell. That's my favorite track from the game, and one of my favorite musical pieces overall.

Pity the rest of the soundtrack hasn't been made into sheet music yet :\

Anyway, thank you for your replies, I appreciate it ^^

Dec 20, 2007 at 11:34 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Tukinouta is moonsong.

Dec 21, 2007 at 11:16 AM
Hoxtilicious
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Dec 23, 2007 at 5:00 AM
Guy with Sword