Question regarding XM playback (Org2XM)

Aug 18, 2016 at 8:53 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Since I can't rely on the Winamp / Foobar plugins for Org to Wav conversion, recording in audacity is too tedious for me, and I'm not the kind of person to just download conversions made by others, I'm gonna go with Org > Xm > Wav

So my question is what is the optimal player and settings to make the Xm modules sound as close as possible to the original (in orgmaker / ingame / orgview)
Like what interpolation / volume ramping settings should i use, etc...

Answers would be highly appreciated c:

Aug 20, 2016 at 12:58 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Aug 20, 2016 at 1:59 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
You mean what settings to use when converting from xm to wav? Or do you mean modifications to the xm files? It isn't very clear what you are asking.

Does this help any:
http://www.cavestory.org/forums/threads/high-quality-lossless-soundtrack.5674/#post-189497
Well I said I don't like downloading other people's conversions or "rips"

What I mean by settings is in for example XMPlay or whatever tracker / playback thingie

There are settings like "interpolation" and "volume ramping"
And many more different settings, and I want to know which are the settings i should use to make the XMs sound as close to orgmaker / orgview as possible.

Aug 20, 2016 at 5:06 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Uhh.. the xm players I've used to play the files sound perfectly fine out of the box. If you are concerned then use sinc for interpolation, and use sensitive for ramping. According to the docs that seems like the most accurate config.

Many of the other fields are for non-xm tracker formats, allow forced looping, or are not relevent to the rendered sound.

Feel free to read up on it here:
https://support.xmplay.com/article.php?id=68

Well I said I don't like downloading other people's conversions or "rips"
I wasn't linking you to rips but rather the process listed in the relevant post. As far as I was concerned it sounded like you were having difficulties with conversion rather than playback. Give me some credit here.

Aug 20, 2016 at 5:13 PM
Uhh.. the xm players I've used to play the files sound perfectly fine out of the box. If you are concerned then use sinc for interpolation, and use sensitive for ramping. According to the docs that seems like the most accurate config.

That's what I wanted to know <3
Thank you very much and sorry for not understanding your first answer