PS4 Neo Revealed - PS4 Pro

Sep 8, 2016 at 2:14 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
p219254-0-0908ps002470x313.jpg

The upgraded PS4, previously codenamed Neo, has been revealed today. It's called the PS4 Pro. The console is launching in November 10, 2016 at $399. It will come with a 1 TB harddrive, and will have improved specs and new features, such as more GPU power, a CPU with a higher clock rate, and 4K gaming/streaming. One thing that it won't come with, however, is a 4K Blu-ray drive, so playing 4K Blu-ray movies is out of the question.

I personally feel neutral about the features, and design, which is close to the original. The price is also unappealing to me. I might consider buying one, once I see what the NX is about, and the price for this console goes down.

Sep 8, 2016 at 3:03 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
p219254-0-0908ps002470x313.jpg

The upgraded PS4, previously codenamed Neo, has been revealed today. It's called the PS4 Pro. The console is launching in November 10, 2016 at $399. It will come with a 1 TB harddrive, and will have improved specs and new features, such as more GPU power, a CPU with a higher clock rate, and 4K gaming/streaming. One thing that it won't come with, however, is a 4K Blu-ray drive, so playing 4K Blu-ray movies is out of the question.

I personally feel neutral about the features, and design, which is close to the original. The price is also unappealing to me. I might consider buying one, once I see what the NX is about, and the price for this console goes down.

Yeah I as well feel neutral about this because the price is pretty high but reasonable with the new specs but I was just thinking the same thing too about seeing what the NX is about first. At least it isn't just a smaller version of the console like the Xbox One S is. It will be pretty interesting to see if there are going to be PS4 Pro only games or how they improve the console using the upgraded hardware.

Also, thanks for reminding me about checking up on the new PS4!

Sep 8, 2016 at 3:10 AM
Forever 12
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Its called the PS4 Neo because it can easily be destroyed without much effort.

Sep 13, 2016 at 1:32 AM
The "C" in "college" is for "crippling debt".
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Its called the PS4 Neo because it can easily be destroyed without much effort.

LOL I appreciate the reference but is it actually fragile?

Sep 13, 2016 at 3:19 AM
Forever 12
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
LOL I appreciate the reference but is it actually fragile?
By destroyed, I meant destroyed by literally any mid range gaming computer in terms of pretty much everything.